And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Anyway, can we all agree now that if Man U win the league, they've bought it.

Saves any arguments later, then.:thup:

Stop being so bloody reasonable - where's the fun in that?:D

Thats one expensive Chinese that.......as Dave Whelan may say.;)

It was.

However, he is some "baddie" though.

We nearly got him the year before you did. Him and Suarez would have played together for a year - I think I might have booed and hissed at them.:D

Seems like a lot of empty seats in the stadium - pictures of areas of the stands where they had sold ST but no actual seats in place.

If that's the amount they can't get into the stadium for the grand opening first game will they ever fill it ? Maybe they have a stadium that is too big for them. But then it's costing them peanuts so shouldn't be a money drain

August gates can somewhat skew the figures, due to lots being on holidays, so better to judge in September.

However, from what I'm told, I'm an armchair fan.

An armchair fan who has visited over 70 odd English grounds, been a season ticket holder for 30 years (and counting), been to over 30 European aways, 500 in the Uk......blah,blah,blah.

Oh to be a glory hunter, who hasnt been to my own "home" ground more than 10 times, embarassed by other old skool Chelsea fans on here, sitting in my Barnsley sky season ticket armchair. I think I'll invest in a big blue foam hand this year........

You couldn't make it up.......:rofl:

I must be imagining these posts after the Burnley game, Paulo.:thup:

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can someone go back through the thread and find the posts where the Liverpool contingent were slagging Lallana off,now hes class.

Did anyone watch MOTD when Liverpool had that goal disallowed for off-side when Lallana went from his own half and set up the goal[that wasn't] cant remember who it was against[about 2 weeks ago],bloody brilliant play.
Dare I say it he looks a Utd player of old[pace] we are now pedestrian.

Wont be in the top 6

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Can someone go back through the thread and find the posts where the Liverpool contingent were slagging Lallana off,now hes class.

Did anyone watch MOTD when Liverpool had that goal disallowed for off-side when Lallana went from his own half and set up the goal[that wasn't] cant remember who it was against[about 2 weeks ago],bloody brilliant play.
Dare I say it he looks a Utd player of old[pace] we are now pedestrian.

Wont be in the top 6

Or maybe see if he has been picked in a different position at Liverpool?

I was one of the ones who slagged Lallana off, as his final contribution was poor. Not enough goals or assists.

He has recently been playing as one of the 3 in the midfield 3, instead of one of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1, so not as much attacking play expected of him.

So he scores his first goal for in 27 appearances for England, and some for Liverpool, and now he's Messi?

Judge a player on 1-2 months great form, if you like, but I'm judging him on 2 years worth.

Is Januzaj, still the new golden boy as he had a good 2-3 months once (not used him as a Man u example), but as an example of a few months of good form being the unusual, as opposed to the norm.:thup:

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Or maybe see if he has been picked in a different position at Liverpool?

I was one of the ones who slagged Lallana off, as his final contribution was poor. Not enough goals or assists.

He has recently been playing as one of the 3 in the midfield 3, instead of one of the 3 in a 4-2-3-1, so not as much attacking play expected of him.

So he scores his first goal for in 27 appearances for England, and some for Liverpool, and now he's Messi?

Judge a player on 1-2 months great form, if you like, but I'm judging him on 2 years worth.

Is Januzaj, still the new golden boy as he had a good 2-3 months once (not used him as a Man u example), but as an example of a few months of good form being the unusual, as opposed to the norm.:thup:
I never mentioned Messi and I have never mentioned Januzaj as example's. I suppose some are to quick to judge.As regards positions surely a good manager should know his players best position and attributes. I actually have always rated Lallana and now he is showing some form.

D

Deleted member 15344

Why they heck are you talking about a game nearly a month ago ?!?

We were rubbish , we couldn't score in an open net that day

Sorry I didn't post on the day but I was watching the T20 finals and was away the weekend

But I'll make sure it doesn't happen again.

D

Deleted member 16999

Why they heck are you talking about a game nearly a month ago ?!?

We were rubbish , we couldn't score in an open net that day

Sorry I didn't post on the day but I was watching the T20 finals and was away the weekend

But I'll make sure it doesn't happen again.
Cheers Phil, got to take the rough with the smooth, otherwise we'll think you're like the Arsenal fans who only post when they win 😃

D

Deleted member 16999

That Chelsea line up looks very strong could be an interesting season if they and City both go on a run.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If Swansea had been going through the back of Arsenal players like they are Chelsea's players he'd be squealing like a stuck pig; ignores all of that and picks out a perceived dive despite the player being kicked twice. Hypocrisy of the first order.

they don't see it at the Emirates though.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't like to see cheating full stop. Giroud included.

I admit Giroud went down too easily for the pen yesterday. Therefore technically cheating.

Pity you can't admit the same about Ivanovic unless you genuinely think that he couldn't stay on his feet due to the force of the challenge.

Pin-seeker

Visit site

I admit Giroud went down too easily for the pen yesterday. Therefore technically cheating.

Pity you can't admit the same about Ivanovic unless you genuinely think that he couldn't stay on his feet due to the force of the challenge.

So obviously you posted showing your disgust in Giroud for cheating?

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I have posted my times about the failings of individuals from my team. You however just like to pick at any player or team and then go on the defensive when anybody criticises anything to do with Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.