And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Absolutely shafted by dreadful refereeing yet again today. Yes we should have taken our chances earlier and won the game but to be basically cheated out of a point stinks. The standard of officiating is ruining the game. And I don't go with all this 'they have a hard job' business, if you can't see someone tread on someone elses heel 3 foot away then you need to be thinking about getting a different job.

D

Deleted member 16999

Well that was pretty impressive especially going forward , could have been a lot more tonight. Mane , Sturridge and Firmino linked up very well - Mane is very dangerous , Milner was good at LB , lost nothing going forward and kept Mahrez pretty quiet. Sooner Karius comes in the better but Matip is looking solid at the back. Enjoyed that game
Apart from them getting back to 2-1 with a gift and prior to your 3rd when you's look slightly deflated, 5 or 6 -1 would've been fair, they looked like the Leicester of 2 seasons ago.

D

Deleted member 16999

Jeff Stelling quote of the day "well, West Ham bragged they could fill their new stadium, let me tell you, they can empty it too"

:rofl:
I thought it was McManaman when he was saying "You just can't stop LPool scoring this season" .......I guess he missed the Burnley match then :rofl:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
That's a big stadium to fill when the not so happy hammers find themselves in the Championship, got to say I'm surprised how poor they are.

D

Deleted member 1740

Superb performance toady against the champions, I thought Lucas was immense, just a shame his mistake was a costly one.

Lallana had another great game and his finish for the 3rd was boss. Mane and sturridge linked up well too, just a shame sturridge doesn't do it week in week out.

The new stand looks nice.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Superb performance toady against the champions, I thought Lucas was immense, just a shame his mistake was a costly one.

Lallana had another great game and his finish for the 3rd was boss. Mane and sturridge linked up well too, just a shame sturridge doesn't do it week in week out.

Cracking atmosphere as well mate.

Ok its the first game and everyone making a special effort, but if they do the anny road as well, that will be great for the bigger games at Anfield.

D

Deleted member 15344

The link up and the runs from players were superb

Lallana is becoming a hell of a creative player in a bit of a free role , Winaljdum looked good as well - some great runs from deep

If the players can find some consistent form going then got to have a great chance at top 4

D

Deleted member 1740

The link up and the runs from players were superb

Lallana is becoming a hell of a creative player in a bit of a free role , Winaljdum looked good as well - some great runs from deep

If the players can find some consistent form going then got to have a great chance at top 4

Calm down dear, it was only Leicester :whistle:

Lallana has improved every season, he needed to add goals and those performances consistently and Upto now he's done it.

Matip looked solid again.

D

Deleted member 1740

Cracking atmosphere as well mate.

Ok its the first game and everyone making a special effort, but if they do the anny road as well, that will be great for the bigger games at Anfield.

Great. More prawn sandwich brigade for the big games:smirk:

I didn't notice how long it took for the corporate tier to return to their seats today, I'll make sure I take more notice week after next :thup:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Great. More prawn sandwich brigade for the big games:smirk:

I didn't notice how long it took for the corporate tier to return to their seats today, I'll make sure I take more notice week after next :thup:

It was half full when the 2nd half kicked off, but pretty full within 5 minutes......unlike the emirates.

I seen some mad things today.

Sturridge tracked back, and one weirdo even had black boots on - whats that all about?

D

Deleted member 16999

Were where you rednoses after the Burnley match? None of you's posted or mentioned top 4 then :whistle:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Were where you rednoses after the Burnley match? None of you's posted or mentioned top 4 then :whistle:

Nah when Paul behave it's a bit early for that 😁

Lallana, saw him a couple of years ago ripping City apart for the saints and thought he was clas. he is what Rooney wants to be but Lallana has energy ( and hair).

was reading about how much running the City team did v Utd. As a team it was about 8 km more. But it was the Utd team that looked knackered.

D

Deleted member 16999

Nah when Paul behave it's a bit early for that 😁

Lallana, saw him a couple of years ago ripping City apart for the saints and thought he was clas. he is what Rooney wants to be but Lallana has energy ( and hair).

was reading about how much running the City team did v Utd. As a team it was about 8 km more. But it was the Utd team that looked knackered.
Behave? Me? Nah 😃 just love the selective match reports, they were excellent and made Leicester look poor, but same amount of points off them as last season.
Not a single one of them posted after the Burnley match, so, unlucky, rough with the smooth.
They'll probably finish above us so got to make the most of it. :rofl:

D

Deleted member 1740

It was half full when the 2nd half kicked off, but pretty full within 5 minutes......unlike the emirates.

I seen some mad things today.

Sturridge tracked back, and one weirdo even had black boots on - whats that all about?

He's so frustrating at times, when he's in the mood he's superb it's just a shame he cannot be relied upon.

Status
Not open for further replies.