And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1740

He should have got a red or at the very least a yellow, jump tackle and studs showing, if that was an outfield player I think they'd walk for that!

Agreed. That was a pen under current rules, it's decisions like these that Refs aren't consistent with. Clattenburg will give that next week.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
He should have got a red or at the very least a yellow, jump tackle and studs showing, if that was an outfield player I think they'd walk for that!

Agreed. That was a pen under current rules, it's decisions like these that Refs aren't consistent with. Clattenburg will give that next week.

You're having a laugh. Wins the ball cleanly with the side of his foot and the studs were never directed at Rooney.

The one thing we probably can agree on is that had a penalty been awarded, Rooney would have shrugged off his life threatening injury to take it………. :whistle:

I see Rooney is still gobbling off at referees and not getting booked (and didn't appear to be wearing the captain's armband) :rolleyes:

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
You're having a laugh. Wins the ball cleanly with the side of his foot and the studs were never directed at Rooney.

The one thing we probably can agree on is that had a penalty been awarded, Rooney would have shrugged off his life threatening injury to take it………. :whistle:

I see Rooney is still gobbling off at referees and not getting booked (and didn't appear to be wearing the captain's armband) :rolleyes:

Voice of sense. Bravo's tackle was old school hard and fair. In control with the side foot, no studs showing.

Rooney has looked an old man this game.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can't argue with the result ........................... City were the better team although I agree that the 'keeper should have been sent off.
Before the season began I couldn't see past City for the Premier League :(.
I think Utd and Chelsea will run them close though.
I know United got beaten, but it's a far better United than I've seen for the last couple of years so I'm not too disheartened.
I can't wait for Mourinho's excuses though ..................... or has he mellowed?

D

Deleted member 15344

From what I can see that sums it up

How did Rooney get away without being booked for as long as he did - constantly mouthing off , a good number of fouls - should have been booked a good twenty mins before Clattenburg got his card out

Man City were very impressive in the first half - Silva and De Bryne were outstanding , Ferdandino was all over the place.

That's a very good win and without Aguero.

Man Utd throwing a lot of long balls in there up to Elbows and Ibrahimovic - by passed the midfield all day long - can't see them challenging City if that's how they will play.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I said it last week and I was mocked on here, that first half performance against West Ham and now Utd was as good as I have seen. Why does this weeks performance have any more merit about it just coz it is Utd. Who scored with a poor decision from a keeper and just lumped a ball into the box alla fat Sam style. no wonder Rooney is capt of his team.
did no see enough from Utd to think they will be pushing for the title, they will struggle v Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea.

THE CITY IS OURS.

Proper blood and guts Derby though.

Fish

Banned
Visit site

I've not watched any replays and only saw it at the time, but for me if looked like the keeper left the ground and it was a jump type tackle, as I said, if an outfield player left the ground and jumped into a tackle he'd have walked as I'm sure your not allowed to do that?!

1 dodgy keeper replaced with another!

D

Deleted member 1740

It's called strength in depth. :)

I don't know what schneiderlin has to do to get a game.

A waste of money When others spend it but strength in depth when Arsenal do?

Anyway, I'm off the match enjoy our game from your comfy armchairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.