And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1740

Bit off topic Phil but what do you think about Klopp not buying a left back in the window?

Putting restricted view seats in just sets clubs up for criticism, they should just leave the seats out, in the grand scheme of things the income is pennies for the club over a season, never understand why they do it.

Is/was there big opposition to moving away from Anfield to a new ground?

From my memory there wasn't much opposition to moving away, certainly not like Everton's KEIOC. I think the general consensus was we'd be getting a new stadium, 20yards away from were we are now and hopefully we'd kick on, on the pitch.

I didn't want to leave because of the great memories and that.

Hopefully he's waiting for Cresswell to return to fitness ;)

D

Deleted member 1740

Just for information, I've been working out in Germany this year and the Woolworth's name lives on over there so there is still opportunity for Stu C to honour his promise if it happens. This one is on Borkum an island off north east Germany and I will be happy to provide travel details for Stu to get there if necessary.......

View attachment 20717

Sound, do they still sell pick and mix and miniature cans of Coca Cola?

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
From my memory there wasn't much opposition to moving away, certainly not like Everton's KEIOC. I think the general consensus was we'd be getting a new stadium, 20yards away from were we are now and hopefully we'd kick on, on the pitch.

I didn't want to leave because of the great memories and that.

Hopefully he's waiting for Cresswell to return to fitness ;)

Always tougher for a club that's had as much success to leave than the likes of City (back then) I guess.

Spurs seem to be doing a good job with theirs and right next door to the old ground so maybe not so much of a wrench to "move".

So is that off the table completely now and redeveloping Anfield will be the end of it?

Moreno is a shocker, I was amazed you didn't buy another LB, especially after letting the young lad Smith moved, hadn't seen loads of him but looked good in the FA cup games on the box

D

Deleted member 1740

Always tougher for a club that's had as much success to leave than the likes of City (back then) I guess.

Spurs seem to be doing a good job with theirs and right next door to the old ground so maybe not so much of a wrench to "move".

So is that off the table completely now and redeveloping Anfield will be the end of it?

Moreno is a shocker, I was amazed you didn't buy another LB, especially after letting the young lad Smith moved, hadn't seen loads of him but looked good in the FA cup games on the box

Yes mate, phase 1 completed, the anfield road end is supposed to be next but the increase will only be an extra 4000 seats. Not a lot really if you take into account corporate tickets.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Phil you know how you can't get to watch Liverpool anymore because you've been "priced out" .
Why not grab yourself a £9 ticket.
Bargain 👍🏻

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
D

Deleted member 1740

Are they offering the seats on offer for a set amount of years?

will they suddenly withdraw the offer once restricted views no longer exist or actually take a hit on saleable seats?

The restricted views down the Kop will stay as restricted and severely restricted because that is what they are.

If they carry out the phase 2 Of The road end then some of those restricted views might get changed bit looking at the plans/layout I can't see it. The cost to carry out phase 2 for an extra £7.5m in ticket revenue per season wouldnt be worthwile imo and it's take a longer period to repay the costs to build.

D

Deleted member 1740

Phil you know how you can't get to watch Liverpool anymore because you've been "priced out" .
Why not grab yourself a £9 ticket.
Bargain 👍🏻

He can't they're only on sale to people with L postcode.

Last edited by a moderator:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
So it's nothing but a suspicion then Stu as opposed to the actual fact ?

It seems that no matter what they do they will never win and people will always look for angle to critisize them

They have took us out of financial trouble , they have given three managers a great deal of money to spend on players , they have increased the capacity of the stadium to help increase the matchplay revenue to bring in further funds , they have replaced a manager that wasn't wanted with one of the best managers in the game , introduced schemes to allow more local people and kids to get into watch the games but they will never win no matter what they do

I'm not sure what sort of owners people actually want but I have a feeling it's not the sort that are in football anymore

I'm somewhere in the middle, Phil.

I think they are showing a lack of ambition, and although they have started to extend the stadium (very important to me), I still feel that they are still stuck in this moneyball/transfer committee/buy low and young SELL high rut.

They were putting prices up last season, before the walkout, OK, its good that they have listened and acted accordingly, but they are still doing very well out of our club.

I'm thankful for what they have done, but sceptical as to what will happen in the coming years, anny road extension aside.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just for information, I've been working out in Germany this year and the Woolworth's name lives on over there so there is still opportunity for Stu C to honour his promise if it happens. This one is on Borkum an island off north east Germany and I will be happy to provide travel details for Stu to get there if necessary.......

View attachment 20717

Can I buy a severely restricted view ticket when he does it, please. (still catching up, Tyrion):D

#Dotheystockdan'smindbleach?

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Struggling to see your perspective on this Stu?

You didn't want them to move, they havnt.
Anfield is too small, they've made it bigger, with plans to go bigger again.
They messed up on ticket prices, but have since backed down, froze prices and introduced the 'locals' scheme which is unheard of.
You seem to have beef with so many corporates, yet want them to have big transfer ambitions??
Everyone knows about them bad seats, yet they'll sell out every game.
They are business men, if there idea is to fatten up the chicken, then that's business

😜 👍

Seems im a little way behind on the thread, sos

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

I'm somewhere in the middle, Phil.

I think they are showing a lack of ambition, and although they have started to extend the stadium (very important to me), I still feel that they are still stuck in this moneyball/transfer committee/buy low and young SELL high rut.

They were putting prices up last season, before the walkout, OK, its good that they have listened and acted accordingly, but they are still doing very well out of our club.

I'm thankful for what they have done, but sceptical as to what will happen in the coming years, anny road extension aside.

All signings went through Klopp this summer - no committee , never been moneyball anyway really ( buy cheap based on stats ) - Ayre not involved. Transfers down to the manager and it's the type of transfers he did at Dortmund ( didn't spend big there - got quality at great prices )

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site

View attachment 20717

Location logged :thup: :D

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

I think the majority realised that to kick on we needed the ground vastly extended, or a new ground.

I was happy to move, but happier that we've stayed. TBH when the old standing Kop was knocked down, it was never going to be the same. Believe me mate, standing on the old kop was not only an education, but a pleasure, and so many happy memories.

If/when the anny road is done, it will go up to about 58k, and it will fit in aesthetically with the new main stand. The kop looks tiny now, so the ground will look slightly lopsided.

However, I dont mind waiting another 10-15 years, if they extend or put another tier on the kop, and if they did the same with the Kemlyn, would probably take it to 75k, which I think will not only look great, but should fill for weekend league games, as long as the footy bubble doesnt burst.

Spurs extension was well overdue, 30,000 extra paddy k's, will help.:D

I think not signing a LB, letting Smith go and Flanagan on loan, was negligent. Ok, if he's saving his money for someone good to maybe come in January, I'll take that, but if we dont get one until next year, we are daft. Moreno looks beyond coaching to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.