And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 16999

All signings went through Klopp this summer - no committee , never been moneyball anyway really ( buy cheap based on stats ) - Ayre not involved. Transfers down to the manager and it's the type of transfers he did at Dortmund ( didn't spend big there - got quality at great prices )

He had no choice at Dortmund, they were on the verge of going bust and even Bayern Munich gave them a loan, he found some absolute crackers but to compare his situation when he first when to Dortmund and now with you's is chalk and cheese,

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Believe me mate, standing on the old kop was not only an education, but a pleasure, and so many happy memories.

Sadly I can only imagine, would have loved to experience that, especially watching King Kenny in his prime :thup:

I think not signing a LB, letting Smith go and Flanagan on loan, was negligent. Ok, if he's saving his money for someone good to maybe come in January, I'll take that, but if we dont get one until next year, we are daft. Moreno looks beyond coaching to me.

He may well have someone lined up but a bit of a risk leaving it until January, especially getting rid of other full backs. Did a signing fall through or something? Almost as if he expected to sign someone and cleared the decks beforehand but it didn't happen

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
All signings went through Klopp this summer - no committee , never been moneyball anyway really ( buy cheap based on stats ) - Ayre not involved. Transfers down to the manager and it's the type of transfers he did at Dortmund ( didn't spend big there - got quality at great prices )

Yes they did, and I'm also not totally obsessed by the nett spend, as its more about the quality that we get in, and these days there are some good free signings going around.

However, we shouldnt be arguing over 2-3 mill when we want Leicester's Chilwell, or others. Sometimes you've got to just pay the dough, especially when Moreno is the alternative answer.

It worked in Germany Phil, but outside of Bayern Munich, who blow everyone out of the water financially, you can become the second/third/fourth best in Germany without a billionaire. You cant do that in England, generally. Good coaching, astute signings and fan patience can get you further in Germany than what it can here.

Thank God Ayre's not involved anymore. A great chief exec in getting new sponsors in, rubbish in getting signings over the line.

Last edited:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Sadly I can only imagine, would have loved to experience that, especially watching King Kenny in his prime :thup:

He may well have someone lined up but a bit of a risk leaving it until January, especially getting rid of other full backs. Did a signing fall through or something? Almost as if he expected to sign someone and cleared the decks beforehand but it didn't happen

Its hard to tell, as sky had us linked with 15 left backs.

We should have offered west ham 20 mill for Cresswell and along with a new goalkeeper, were our 2 main requirements.

D

Deleted member 1740

Struggling to see your perspective on this Stu?

You didn't want them to move, they havnt.
Anfield is too small, they've made it bigger, with plans to go bigger again.
They messed up on ticket prices, but have since backed down, froze prices and introduced the 'locals' scheme which is unheard of.
You seem to have beef with so many corporates, yet want them to have big transfer ambitions??
Everyone knows about them bad seats, yet they'll sell out every game.
They are business men, if there idea is to fatten up the chicken, then that's business

😜 👍

Seems im a little way behind on the thread, sos

Haven't you got greens to wreck?:rofl:

I don't buy into them. I don't know what their ambitions are, do you?

I've never heard so much fuss over a new stand with 5000 corporate's 900 restricted views up in the gods and 2000 new season ticket holders Introducing tickets for local people is the least we can do. The £9 tickets are being pedalled as a great innitiative, we're a football club in liverpool ffs, just because Tarquin and Campbell from Tunbridge wells have jumped on the band wagon we've alienated our local support.

Try getting tickets from the ticket office, it's an absolute drama.

Don't forget, when they bought the club the deal included a new stadium, non negotiable. You're right I didn't wanna leave that was my personal preference but I wouldn't have moaned had we moved into a stadium in the park.

They've made it bigger by 3000 General seats, unless of course you've got £3200 for a low level hospitality st (coffee and a proey) your laughin.

Another 6000 seats on the road end will probably cost 80-110million to build and they'll get £7.5m back per season on tickets at £50 each. It'll take 15 years to pay for itself.

So potentially to add 13000 seats it'd cost £230-£260m,it was quoted as £300m to build a new 65000 seater stadium in the park.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Remy now out for upto 2month.
He must be gutted.

Not as much as the Palace chairman who is paying his wages.

On to the Manchester derby. One for Tashy and other blues. Will Pep play Iheanacho? I hope so. He looks an exciting player and it works better than putting Sterling or de Bruyne up top.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
Not as much as the Palace chairman who is paying his wages.

On to the Manchester derby. One for Tashy and other blues. Will Pep play Iheanacho? I hope so. He looks an exciting player and it works better than putting Sterling or de Bruyne up top.

I think the loan has been terminated and he is back at Chelski

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Citeh have been immense here.

Bossed it......we're chasing shadows and passing the ball to them. Nothing more than they deserve. Bad move playing for the counter and leaving both Martial and Rashford on the bench. I'd have played Mata too. Hopefully we can play a bit more in the 2nd half.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fabulous finish from Ibrahimovic.
Lingard's having a mare ...................... I'd sub him for Rashford.
I'd also remind the United players that they are playing in red so STOP PASSING TO PLYERS WEARING BLUE!
A very nervy start by United, definitely second best in the first half.
Hopefully the goal will give them a lift and they'll settle down for the second half.
I'm also sure they'll have noticed that City's 'keeper is a bit suspect at best!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
What a half. Great steal and finish and De Bruyne and City bossing it until the keeper made a whopping howler. I bet Hart will be laughing his socks off especially as the keeper nearly gifted Ibrahimovich a second. Rashford coming on will make this even better in the second half to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.