And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 15344

Do the maths Phil, it really is simple. 10000 divided by 19 league games = 523 tickets per game. There's 800 restricted views, do you honestly believe a local fan could get a ticket for the middle of the kemlyn for £9?

So it's nothing but a suspicion then Stu as opposed to the actual fact ?

It seems that no matter what they do they will never win and people will always look for angle to critisize them

They have took us out of financial trouble , they have given three managers a great deal of money to spend on players , they have increased the capacity of the stadium to help increase the matchplay revenue to bring in further funds , they have replaced a manager that wasn't wanted with one of the best managers in the game , introduced schemes to allow more local people and kids to get into watch the games but they will never win no matter what they do

I'm not sure what sort of owners people actually want but I have a feeling it's not the sort that are in football anymore

D

Deleted member 1740

So it's nothing but a suspicion then Stu as opposed to the actual fact ?

It seems that no matter what they do they will never win and people will always look for angle to critisize them

They have took us out of financial trouble , they have given three managers a great deal of money to spend on players , they have increased the capacity of the stadium to help increase the matchplay revenue to bring in further funds , they have replaced a manager that wasn't wanted with one of the best managers in the game , introduced schemes to allow more local people and kids to get into watch the games but they will never win no matter what they do

I'm not sure what sort of owners people actually want but I have a feeling it's not the sort that are in football anymore

You make it sound like the fsg top brass sat around a table and decided to save 500 tickets per game for locals. That came about from the LOCAL fan groups. They've done it to keep the fans sweet. They're in it for the money and that's it.

6 years on and every year we've sold our best players. Minus nett spend this summer when it's obvious we need proper proven quality additions to the squad.

Re the £9 tickets, where do you honestly think those tickets will be? Have a guess Phil.

D

Deleted member 15344

You make it sound like the fsg top brass sat around a table and decided to save 500 tickets per game for locals. That came about from the LOCAL fan groups. They've done it to keep the fans sweet. They're in it for the money and that's it.

6 years on and every year we've sold our best players. Minus nett spend this summer when it's obvious we need proper proven quality additions to the squad.

Isnt everyone in football in it for money now ? But if they just want money why don't they sell for the £700 mil plus to the Chinese ? That's a massive profit for them

As I said they have done something good and yet you will turn it around to be a negative towards them ?

Klopp got who he wanted during this window - which "best player" did we sell this summer ? We could have spent over the odds on numerous players but one person stopped that - the manager , no one else , all transfers were his call - he got in who he wanted and got rid of the players he didn't need. The transfer window should be judged on what actually happens on the pitch as opposed to the bank balance.

As for where the £9 tickets will be - I don't know yet so I'm not going to make assumptions based on nothing to use to bash the owners with.

D

Deleted member 1740

Isnt everyone in football in it for money now ?
That's alright then I suppose.
But if they just want money why don't they sell for the £700 mil plus to the Chinese ? That's a massive profit for them
Maybe they're waiting and They'll sell for more in near future
As I said they have done something good and yet you will turn it around to be a negative towards them ?
They've increased the stadium by 2100 standard ticket seats, 5000 corporate that there struggling to shift and 900 abysmal restricted views, which if the Anny road gets done it'll reduce them to 500 restricted views

Klopp got who he wanted during this window - which "best player" did we sell this summer ?
Balotelli :rofl: none in fairness because we've only got 1 left in Coutinho and he'll be next
We could have spent over the odds on numerous players but one person stopped that - the manager , no one else , all transfers were his call - he got in who he wanted and got rid of the players he didn't need. The transfer window should be judged on what actually happens on the pitch as opposed to the bank balance.
That's fair do's and like I've said previously,if the manager gets who he wants then I'm happy.

You can tell I've only just found the quote button :rofl::rofl:

Re the £9 tickets I'll call the ticket office tomorrow and find out exactly, rows, blocks etc. I've also got a mate who works there I'll try him too.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 15344

Isnt everyone in football in it for money now ? But if they just want money why don't they sell for the £700 mil plus to the Chinese ? That's a massive profit for them
Maybe they're waiting and They'll sell for more in near future That's fair do's and like I've said previously,if the manager gets who he wants then I'm happy.

The recent talk was of bid going up to £1bil for the club because the Chinese are that desperate for a big club to put them seriously on map - and that would be turned down. They don't want to sell - they want to build the club up and are happy to sell of minority stakes in the club which will bring in big funds

Only have to look at Klopps history in the market - he will only spend big on someone he really wants - Mane in this window but wouldn't spend £25- £30 mil on Hector or DeScilgia because he doesn't think that's right ( also why we didn't get Teixeira ) - and he is targeting younger players.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bit off topic Phil but what do you think about Klopp not buying a left back in the window?

Putting restricted view seats in just sets clubs up for criticism, they should just leave the seats out, in the grand scheme of things the income is pennies for the club over a season, never understand why they do it.

Is/was there big opposition to moving away from Anfield to a new ground?

D

Deleted member 15344

Bit off topic Phil but what do you think about Klopp not buying a left back in the window?

Putting restricted view seats in just sets clubs up for criticism, they should just leave the seats out, in the grand scheme of things the income is pennies for the club over a season, never understand why they do it.

Is/was there big opposition to moving away from Anfield to a new ground?

I think not getting a left back isn't the end of the world - it would have been nice to have got a stronger LB don't get me wrong but it's not a big worry for me.

D

Deleted member 1740

The recent talk was of bid going up to £1bil for the club because the Chinese are that desperate for a big club to put them seriously on map - and that would be turned down. They don't want to sell - they want to build the club up and are happy to sell of minority stakes in the club which will bring in big funds

Only have to look at Klopps history in the market - he will only spend big on someone he really wants - Mane in this window but wouldn't spend £25- £30 mil on Hector or DeScilgia because he doesn't think that's right ( also why we didn't get Teixeira ) - and he is targeting younger players.

I've just text a mate and he got 3 x £9 tickets, row 70 block u severely restricted view.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think not getting a left back isn't the end of the world - it would have been nice to have got a stronger LB don't get me wrong but it's not a big worry for me.

Fair enough, I'd be worried relying on Moreno (especially) or Milner at LB if I was hoping for anything serious this season but could be wrong.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Supposedly the Road end, I'll show my arse in woolies window if that happens.

Woolies? And there was you mentioning old........ :D

Good job Woolies have closed 

Just for information, I've been working out in Germany this year and the Woolworth's name lives on over there so there is still opportunity for Stu C to honour his promise if it happens. This one is on Borkum an island off north east Germany and I will be happy to provide travel details for Stu to get there if necessary.......

WP_20150916_12_59_02_Pro.jpg

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just for information, I've been working out in Germany this year and the Woolworth's name lives on over there so there is still opportunity for Stu C to honour his promise if it happens. This one is on Borkum an island off north east Germany and I will be happy to provide travel details for Stu to get there if necessary.......

View attachment 20717

Can I have the restricted view seats please 😨

Status
Not open for further replies.