And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
ok. So he's a brilliant arsenal player, yet he doesn't perform for them? The discussion was about him being a waste at arsenal.

But it if you wanna try and move the goals posts. This England performances you mention. They were at the the highest level? Qualifiers? The euros or World Cup is the highest stage and he couldn't get a place on the team.

because he was injured?!

When fully fit he would be one of the first names on the team sheet for club and country.

I just hope that his injuries haven't taken their toll and that he can get back to his best. At only 24 his best years should be yet to come but like I say it depends on what damage has already been done.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Objectively being an Arsenal fan of course :D

Think the best games I've seen Wilshere play have been for England.

Definitely would have accepted £40m from City last year, seemed like a no-brainer really.

Did they actually make an offer?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Unfortunately with regards to Wilshere "because he was injured" is at the heart of the matter. Good or not if you spend 3/4 of the season on the phsio's bench then you are not much use to anyone. Carroll, Wilshere, Sturridge all come under the same category. You can't spend your career being called great based on a run of 4 games before another injury happens.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
This is surely a good move for the lad. already has years wasted sitting injured so going to a team and getting game time is vital.

Talk sport were positively foaming at the mouth yesterday at the prospect of him leaving arsenal and staying fit and playing well as if it would be a massive stick to beat arsenal with. This is exactly what every arsenal supporter and Wenger wants to happen.

Show us what you are made of and then come back. its the best for all parties.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Anyone else getting bored of all the wilshere talk? 💤 international breaks are to blame for this 👎

On another matter, if Klopp doesn't sign a lb (which doesn't look likely) I'll be very disappointed. Milner cannot be a first choice lb, borders on negligence to me.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Dave, I think it borders on negligence if he doesn't. It is so clearly your weak link, I'm assuming your new keeper is not far away from returning and is going to replace Mignolet.

As an Everton man I'm looking for a keeper and a striker. I'm not hearing anything on the keeper front which worries me. The rest I am quite happy with.

D

Deleted member 16999

Anyone else getting bored of all the wilshere talk? 💤 international breaks are to blame for this 👎

On another matter, if Klopp doesn't sign a lb (which doesn't look likely) I'll be very disappointed. Milner cannot be a first choice lb, borders on negligence to me.
Transfer window should shut before the season starts.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
This is surely a good move for the lad. already has years wasted sitting injured so going to a team and getting game time is vital.

Talk sport were positively foaming at the mouth yesterday at the prospect of him leaving arsenal and staying fit and playing well as if it would be a massive stick to beat arsenal with. This is exactly what every arsenal supporter and Wenger wants to happen.

Show us what you are made of and then come back. its the best for all parties.

I think you're right it seems the best solution all round.

Wilshere gets valuable playing time with the opportunity to get back into the England squad, prove fitness, but remains an Arsenal player.

We need to offload a few as well because by my reckoning we have 3 too many over the allowed 25 man squad. Can see a couple more leaving before the end of the window.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site

Yeah let's take it back to Liverpool for a change lol.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sky are reporting Sissoko to Tottenham for £30m based on payments over the course of his contract. My son has just rung, season ticket holder, and has offered to pitch in for his taxi fare. Had he been 17 if he would have driven him to WHL. There will not be a single tear at St James when he goes and if they get that for him then the laughter and disbelief will be long and hard. Not disruptive, just anonymous.

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
Anyone else getting bored of all the wilshere talk? �� international breaks are to blame for this ��

Flanagan has played there in the past. Thought he did ok at the end of last season when he played. Gomez still injured then?

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Flanagan has played there in the past. Thought he did ok at the end of last season when he played. Gomez still injured then?

Flanno out on loan at Burnley. Gomez also has ? Regarding ability imo.

If all else fails let's give saints a call and sign Bertrand 😂

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Marcos Alonso signs for Chelsea. Just what we need; a left back when Cesar "Dave" Azpilicueta has probably been our most consistent player for some time. The only saving grace would be if Conte shifts Dave back to his natural right side and parks Ivanovic on the bench. Must really give hope to Ola Aina as well………. :rolleyes:

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sky are reporting Sissoko to Tottenham for £30m based on payments over the course of his contract. My son has just rung, season ticket holder, and has offered to pitch in for his taxi fare. Had he been 17 if he would have driven him to WHL. There will not be a single tear at St James when he goes and if they get that for him then the laughter and disbelief will be long and hard. Not disruptive, just anonymous.

The man from tottingham he say Noooo

Everton next option .......

Status
Not open for further replies.