Not open for further replies.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Maybe because only you think that.

What's your team again? Spurs?

What relevance is the team he supports?

Belive its UTD btw, wilshere in my memory has had one stand out game for Arsenal, against Barca. He's got a poor attitude to go with his inflated ego. The fact that it's palace and bmouth after him, shows exactly what other clubs think of him (no disrespect to those two clubs).

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
What relevance is the team he supports?

Belive its UTD btw, wilshere in my memory has had one stand out game for Arsenal, against Barca. He's got a poor attitude to go with his inflated ego. The fact that it's palace and bmouth after him, shows exactly what other clubs think of him (no disrespect to those two clubs).

It's because Wenger won't let him go to a rival , that's pretty obvious IMO.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

Since when has wenger not sold to rivals? Quite simply teams that think he adds something have made a bid. Nit one top team would take wilshere right now.

at his peak (where he never performs) he's a good midfielder. But quite simply his isn't good or fit enough. At least when sturridge plays you generally get results from him.

D

Deleted member 16999

Or Arsenal don't have the players that the top teams want anymore.
When was the last time you saw a rumour about any of Arsenals best players being linked with a top club?

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Maybe because only you think that.

What's your team again? Spurs?

Many people think it. He doesn't score goals, reckless tackler, his second touch is often a lunge tackle and that's all when he actually gets on the park which isn't nearly often enough.

Talented? Yes, but he is utterly mindless and the body just doesn't stand up.

I support Man Utd. I await being told why this matters.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Since when has wenger not sold to rivals? Quite simply teams that think he adds something have made a bid. Nit one top team would take wilshere right now.

at his peak (where he never performs) he's a good midfielder. But quite simply his isn't good or fit enough. At least when sturridge plays you generally get results from him.

He's not being sold he's being loaned. I can't recall an Arsenal player going to a rival on loan before.

Juve and Roma are top teams aren't they? They are reportedly interested in a loan deal.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
He's not being sold he's being loaned. I can't recall an Arsenal player going to a rival on loan before.

Juve and Roma are top teams aren't they? They are reportedly interested in a loan deal.

Funny how he's apparently already met Bmouth and Palace. Haven't seen his meetings with Roma or Juve, most likely the agent trying to gather some interest.

The he point remains. If a top rival wanted him, they'd make a cheeky offer. They haven't.....

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Many people think it. He doesn't score goals, reckless tackler, his second touch is often a lunge tackle and that's all when he actually gets on the park which isn't nearly often enough.

Talented? Yes, but he is utterly mindless and the body just doesn't stand up.

I support Man Utd. I await being told why this matters.

It matters because when you look it objectively and you know a bit about football then you should recognise how brilliant a footballer Wilshere is.

jp5

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Objectively being an Arsenal fan of course :D

Think the best games I've seen Wilshere play have been for England.

Definitely would have accepted £40m from City last year, seemed like a no-brainer really.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Funny how he's apparently already met Bmouth and Palace. Haven't seen his meetings with Roma or Juve, most likely the agent trying to gather some interest.

The he point remains. If a top rival wanted him, they'd make a cheeky offer. They haven't.....

It's a season long loan so unlikely to want to uproot and go abroad. Also it's been reported that being dropped from the England squad has prompted the loan move so better to stay in the EPL.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
It's a season long loan so unlikely to want to uproot and go abroad. Also it's been reported that being dropped from the England squad has prompted the loan move so better to stay in the EPL.

Thats why Hart is going to Torino then?

he shouldn't have been in the squad to get dropped from in the first place.

He started one 1 prem league game last season.

To claim that he is a brilliant footballer is about as bias a statement as there can be, as to understanding football. If wenger said playing an onion up front was the way forward you would support it.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thats why Hart is going to Torino then?

he shouldn't have been in the squad to get dropped from in the first place.

He started one 1 prem league game last season.

To claim that he is a brilliant footballer is about as bias a statement as there can be, as to understanding football. If wenger said playing an onion up front was the way forward you would support it.

If you say so.

But I can point to the 6-7 man of the match perfomances for England during qualification. It's not about Arsenal, he performs and shines at the highest level.....when he is fit.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
The other factor that no one seems to be raising about Wilshere is that he isn't really that good.

He can be a very good player, at times, but I don't really think he's anything special, certainly not on a consistent basis. I certainly wouldn't want him anywhere near my team.
That's why he'll probably end up at Bournemouth.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
If you say so.

But I can point to the 6-7 man of the match perfomances for England during qualification. It's not about Arsenal, he performs and shines at the highest level.....when he is fit.

ok. So he's a brilliant arsenal player, yet he doesn't perform for them? The discussion was about him being a waste at arsenal.

But it if you wanna try and move the goals posts. This England performances you mention. They were at the the highest level? Qualifiers? The euros or World Cup is the highest stage and he couldn't get a place on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.