And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
What are you confused about? Do you think Wenger knew about Wilshere's previous long list of injuries prior to the man city bid?

Wilshere was fit at the time of the bid and looking forward to the start of the season.

How would Wenger know a couple of months later Wilshere would sustain a season lasting injury?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well with players such as Wilshere and Sturridge that situation never seems that far away. His history suggests he is only a game or two away from an injury, for Arsenal anyway. I don't think much of a crystal ball was required.

D

Deleted member 1740

Wilshere was fit at the time of the bid and looking forward to the start of the season.

How would Wenger know a couple of months later Wilshere would sustain a season lasting injury?

His injury record isnt the best and at the time it was a gamble that he'd remain fit. For the type of money that was being offered for a player with his injury record, it was a strange decision to keep him.

But any negative comment about Wenger you'll just defend him and make excuses.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
His injury record isnt the best and at the time it was a gamble that he'd remain fit. For the type of money that was being offered for a player with his injury record, it was a strange decision to keep him.

But any negative comment about Wenger you'll just defend him and make excuses.

Wenger is s father figure to players like Wilshere who has grown up at the club and Wilshere loves the club.

I doubt either of them wanted the Ciry deal to happen. The loan seems a sensible arrangement and hopefully he can come back to us later on. I for one think Wilshere is worth persevering with.

Similar to Sturridge, damned if you do damned if you don't (keep him)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Wenger is s father figure to players like Wilshere who has grown up at the club and Wilshere loves the club.

I doubt either of them wanted the Ciry deal to happen. The loan seems a sensible arrangement and hopefully he can come back to us later on. I for one think Wilshere is worth persevering with.

you say this like we were offered 5m for him. what happened to wenger the economist when silly numbers were on the table? he turned into wenger the father figure?

D

Deleted member 16999

Aquero charged with violent conduct, possibly misses the Manchester Derby.

D

Deleted member 1740

What happens if he breaks down while on loan with whoever? What happens next? Your asset is worth peanuts. As much as we don't like it, all footballers are assets and football is a business. I hate it but that's what we've now got.

D

Deleted member 1740

Out of curiosity I've just looked at JW's stats and I'm amazed he's played c.125 games in 8 seasons for Arsenal.

And Wenger turned down £40m from City :rofl:

D

Deleted member 15344

All Wenger had to do was look at Wheelchairs history in the previous seasons to show he spends more time with the physio than the coach - he is giving both Anderton and King a run for their money for being made of balsa wood

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Your joking, Fellaini only gets done one out of every 5 times he does it.

On a separate note, looks like Arsenal are panic buying. :rofl:

why? Mustafi and Perez been on the radar for a while. Mustafi definitely fits the bill of what we need, whether Perez is good enough only time will tell

more strange is the loanees going out, Joel Campbell gone and looks like Chambers, Gnabry and Wilshere all going too, squad looks pretty thin on the grounds in certain areas still

D

Deleted member 15344

why? Mustafi and Perez been on the radar for a while. Mustafi definitely fits the bill of what we need, whether Perez is good enough only time will tell

more strange is the loanees going out, Joel Campbell gone and looks like Chambers, Gnabry and Wilshere all going too, squad looks pretty thin on the grounds in certain areas still

Have been after Mustafi for a while and certainly interesting to see how his second go at the prem goes

But Perez been on the radar for a while ?

Wasn't he about to join another club and Arsenal came in last minute after missing out on - Vardy , Lacazette , Morata and all the other strikers ? And a strange signing at that when looking at his record

But no idea why players like Chambers and Campbell are going - Campbell finally got given a go last season and looked a player

Thinning out a squad already not the deepest doesn't seem the smartest move as the fixtures start to pile up

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
This looks weird from Arsene. The squad looks very thin in places and a few injuries, and surely that's a given with Arsenal, and they could be in trouble to sustain a PL or CL campaign. Are these players really better than what they have?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Have been after Mustafi for a while and certainly interesting to see how his second go at the prem goes

But Perez been on the radar for a while ?

Wasn't he about to join another club and Arsenal came in last minute after missing out on - Vardy , Lacazette , Morata and all the other strikers ? And a strange signing at that when looking at his record

But no idea why players like Chambers and Campbell are going - Campbell finally got given a go last season and looked a player

Thinning out a squad already not the deepest doesn't seem the smartest move as the fixtures start to pile up

how he has walcott sanogo and the ox above campbell and gnabry i dont understand, and letting a versatile covering option in areas we are weak in Chambers go makes no sense at all

Status
Not open for further replies.