And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
sky reporting Arsenal prepared to let Wilshere go out on loan to get 1st team football. How much did Wenger turn down from City last year???

Still haven't seen the best of Wilshere IMO just needs to sort his fitness out. Surely his luck will change at some point.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
sky reporting Arsenal prepared to let Wilshere go out on loan to get 1st team football. How much did Wenger turn down from City last year???

Very kind of Arsenal to allow another team's medical department to gain experience by letting Wilshere go out on loan. #madeofglass #alwaysinjured

D

Deleted member 16999

I didn't see anything in your post about Anton Ferdinand and racial abuse though?

Hardly a good mentor/role model for Stones or anyone else.
Try a search of Arsenal and racism then come back and have a proper discussion.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Rad a piece last year about Wilshere playing at Arsenal and at times because of a lack of players he was asked to play in the wrong role, defensive midfielder where he kept getting injured through his tackling. Was right right or journalistic rubbish. Same piece said that if he came to City he would play a differant role (similar to Silva) but even Silva has to tackle now and then.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Oh sorry, didn't realise there's good racism and bad racism!

There isn't and I never said that there was.

Do you still think Terry would be a good role model and mentor for Stones in the England setup? Did you forget about Terry's past or do you think the racist element wouldn't be a problem?

D

Deleted member 15344

There isn't and I never said that there was.

Do you still think Terry would be a good role model and mentor for Stones in the England setup? Did you forget about Terry's past or do you think the racist element wouldn't be a problem?

As a central defender and England captain yes Terry would be a very good person for Stones to learn from

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can't believe people are still harking back to Terry. A very fine defender in his prime but does no one remember how people were walking past him at his last tournament for England? His legs have gone. Excellent to coach and give advice to Stones, or any other young centre half, but not to play any more at international level.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think this could be good for Wilshere. The lad is either made of glass or there are issues at Arsenal, training methods, pitches etc which are affecting him. If he goes elsewhere we will find out either way. He should also go to a club where he can play, if fit, week in week out. The current situation is not working for him so this is worth a punt. I bet it has got a few managers twitching this morning as he would be a welcome addition at a number of clubs.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I would have liked to see Stones at Chelsea playing alongside Terry,it could really have helped his game.

Bringing up racism is just pathetic imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.