And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well me, young Bradley Tash and Missis T are back. That first half at City was the best football I have ever seen. Poor West Ham were chasing shadows. However mr Bilic certainly earned his money at half time coz that second half performance was good very good. For 20-25 mins it was squeaky bum time as a city fan. Sterling is looking a totally differant player this year as is John Stones, he will be massive for City and England for the next 10 yrs. Sterling and stones look immense under Pep.

However without stating the obvious Joe Hart has been found out. On his day Joe has been Brilliant, on other days poor, very poor. Playing behind a dodgy back four last year highlighted that. His distribution since he came to City has been woeful, and the term squeaky bum time applied to Joe every game. Do you blame him or the goalkeeping coaches at City. At times he could not take a goal kick without it going into rowZ. It is obvious he has never played a game of five a side in his life where distribution from a keeper is paramount. Watching him on weds v Steau Bucharest and watching Willy today. The gulf between them is massive.

cannot understand Joes stance, City want him out, they have been honest with him, they will pay most of his wages, he has chance of a high standard of football, but not yet taken it. If he does not pull his finger out, his no1 spot as England goalie will be gone, and he struggle to get it back.

Dont get me started on that waste of space YaYa.

really? you need to watch more football then lol

Pin-seeker

Visit site
City bought him before the sugar daddy's arrived and were not a big club, you then introduced competitive and ColchesterFC made you look an a55.
Not throwing a strop just bored with you moving the goalposts everytime you saw an answer you didn't like.

Yes they bought him before,no one said otherwise.
We were talking about him being England No1.

Ok Paul maybe he can move to any club he chooses & he'll keep his place in the national team.

As for looking like an a55 🤔

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ok, sorry, read it the wrong way. My honest opinion is that, on his day, he will take entire defences to pieces. His pace is outrageous, he hits 0-full tilt in about three paces and if he keeps the ball at his feet there isn't a player in the league that can stay with him. HOWEVER, when he's off, he's worse than bad. Remeber Ali Dia? Worse than him. Positional sense goes out the window, falls over a lot, usually the ball or his own feet, struggles to find a team mate 4 ft away, he is dreadful. This seems to happen most either when playing 'poor' teams, or particularly on cold december/january evening games. Oh, and he doesn't try and get back from the ACON in a hurry.
If Klopp can keep his head in the former then you've got a gem for a snip, if he can't you've had your pants properly pulled down.

wow! I've seen a little bit of the first person you mention and non of the second. The kid is a live wire. Totally different to what we have, really hard not to get carried away by him

Main reason I asked was because both mane and the fella from Newcastle we signed 😜 Where greeted with the same response from fans on here, good on his day but glad of the money.

Winjaldum?? Has shown no better than Can, whilst Mane has been boss 👍

Last edited:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
wow! I've seen a little bit of the first person you mention and non of the second. The kid is a live wire. Totally different to what we have, really hard not to get carried away by him

Main reason I asked was because both mane and the fella from Newcastle we signed  Where greeted with the same response from fans on here, good on his day but glad of the money.

Winjaldum?? Has shown no better than Can, whilst Mane has been boss 

Tbf thiugh, you've seen him play three games......

he he can be boss when in it, as said. If he wants it then he is ace but his attitude for us was very temperamental.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well so far he's played well twice on tv. That was his speciality with us. His ability is without question. It was he's work ethic, i mean he will run about. But he vanished far to often when the big teams weren't in town.

I still think the fee was too good to turn down, but said at the time. If he finally thinks he's made it and plays as he can week in, then he's got all you need as an attacker.

Thanks for the reply mate 👍 £30odd m is a hell of a lot. Hopefully being under the microscope that is Liverpool will bring the best out of him. Cracking start to his lfc career.

Sameish money Palace payed for Benteke. No brainier so far

D

Deleted member 16999

Yes they bought him before,no one said otherwise.
We were talking about him being England No1.

Ok Paul maybe he can move to any club he chooses & he'll keep his place in the national team.

As for looking like an a55 🤔

Again the goalposts move, you said he was only No1 because he's at a big club and facts prove he was there and an international goalkeeper and No1 before they became one of the big clubs.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Haha this is true 

But stop trying to burst my bubble, yeah? 

Hes got great talent. And he's direct, something I think a lot of clubs are missing in the prem.

If Klopp keeps him engaged then I think he'll do you well. Personally, having seen him for a few years, when it gets cold he'll need extra motivation.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Main reason I asked was because both mane and the fella from Newcastle we signed  Where greeted with the same response from fans on here, good on his day but glad of the money.

Winjaldum?? Has shown no better than Can, whilst Mane has been boss 

The Toon fans would have queued up to drive him to Liverpool for half the fee you paid. You've been done there. He showed up some games but was anonymous for many, away games in particular. He may be a better player in a decent team, Newcastle were awful last year, so maybe Klopp can get the best out of him but I think he is one of your weaker signings. No problem in being proved wrong on this, we'll see by the end of the season.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Again the goalposts move, you said he was only No1 because he's at a big club and facts prove he was there and an international goalkeeper and No1 before they became one of the big clubs.

No goal posts being moved Paul,City were spending big money & were up their when Hart established himself as the No1.

So what year would you say Hart became England's No1?
We're talking 1st choice keeper,not 1st cap or coming on as substitute.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
City bought him before the sugar daddy's arrived and were not a big club, you then introduced competitive and ColchesterFC made you look an a55.
Not throwing a strop just bored with you moving the goalposts everytime you saw an answer you didn't like.

According to some fans were not a big club were massive :whoo:

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If Henderson is named England captain I'm done with international football 😣

Never thought I'd say this but I reckon I'd be done with them too.

I wonder if we'll ever get an England manager who'll pick in form players in their right positions. I mean why has he included Rooney as a midfielder? Did he not watch the Euros?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Never thought I'd say this but I reckon I'd be done with them too.

I wonder if we'll ever get an England manager who'll pick in form players in their right positions. I mean why has he included Rooney as a midfielder? Did he not watch the Euros?

People said it at the time, but other than iceland where they were all shocking, i thought rooney played as well as any other midfielder.......

Status
Not open for further replies.