And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Surprised, but pleased to see Barkley not in the England squad, struggled last season, has started this season well, but only 3 games in, plenty of time to prove big sam right or wrong.

He really does need a big season,you can only live off potential for so long & at 22 he's cutting it fine.
Looks top draw on his day.

D

Deleted member 16999

You sure it was 4 years? When did he return from Birmingham & when did City win their 1st Prem title?
His performances with Birmingham may have got him a call up to the squad & a few appearances as sub in a few friendly games.
But we were talking established No1👍🏻
Made his debut in 08, City won PL in 12.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Well me, young Bradley Tash and Missis T are back. That first half at City was the best football I have ever seen. Poor West Ham were chasing shadows. However mr Bilic certainly earned his money at half time coz that second half performance was good very good. For 20-25 mins it was squeaky bum time as a city fan. Sterling is looking a totally differant player this year as is John Stones, he will be massive for City and England for the next 10 yrs. Sterling and stones look immense under Pep.

However without stating the obvious Joe Hart has been found out. On his day Joe has been Brilliant, on other days poor, very poor. Playing behind a dodgy back four last year highlighted that. His distribution since he came to City has been woeful, and the term squeaky bum time applied to Joe every game. Do you blame him or the goalkeeping coaches at City. At times he could not take a goal kick without it going into rowZ. It is obvious he has never played a game of five a side in his life where distribution from a keeper is paramount. Watching him on weds v Steau Bucharest and watching Willy today. The gulf between them is massive.

cannot understand Joes stance, City want him out, they have been honest with him, they will pay most of his wages, he has chance of a high standard of football, but not yet taken it. If he does not pull his finger out, his no1 spot as England goalie will be gone, and he struggle to get it back.

Dont get me started on that waste of space YaYa.

That's a point.

Where is Yoyo? Can't even get into the match day squad?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
City are now in a similar situation to Chelsea a few years ago in that they pay inflated wages and that makes it hard to move players on who are happy to sit and take the cash. In Yaya's case he is near the end of his career and the need to play is less. He can sit it out in Manchester or move to China. Manchester is easier. I suspect you are stuck with him unless you offer him a whopping pay off. Hart's case is different as he still has plenty of time left and collecting splinters is a waste.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
City are now in a similar situation to Chelsea a few years ago in that they pay inflated wages and that makes it hard to move players on who are happy to sit and take the cash. In Yaya's case he is near the end of his career and the need to play is less. He can sit it out in Manchester or move to China. Manchester is easier. I suspect you are stuck with him unless you offer him a whopping pay off. Hart's case is different as he still has plenty of time left and collecting splinters is a waste.

You get the feeling that YaYa would be more than happy to just turn up to training & collect his massive wages.

D

Deleted member 16999

😂 Wow come on Paul it's really not difficult.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Hart

You replied to posts after I'd said he was behind James and Robinson and you go on about people using google, your point is, he's only number No1 because he played for City, rubbish, he was established as the future of English goalkeeping and became that when others retired or were dropped, not because he was with City.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Got his 1st competitive cap in 2012

 Wow come on Paul it's really not difficult.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Hart

Come on Pin-seeker it's really not difficult. A direct quote from the link you posted.....

"[FONT=&quot]Hart was given his first competitive cap in a UEFA Euro 2012 qualifier, a 4–0 win against Bulgaria at Wembley[/FONT]"

The match v Bulgaria was September 2010 so his first competitive cap was in 2010 not 2012.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8952514.stm

D

Deleted member 1740

Big Sam has got a perfect excuse to drop Hart Next Week, he's not playing club football.

That said, I dont think Forster or Heaton are any better, Butland looks a much better keeper than all 3.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Can't argue with that :rofl:

Perhaps I should of asked why he isn't playing or in the squad?

Pep doesn't see him as fitting into his plans. Don't forget he moved him on from Barcelona and now he is older, slower and less consistent. This is a year too far for him but his wages are huge so who, other than the Chinese will take him on? If he doesn't fancy life out there then City will be stuck with him until his contract ends.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
You replied to posts after I'd said he was behind James and Robinson and you go on about people using google, your point is, he's only number No1 because he played for City, rubbish, he was established as the future of English goalkeeping and became that when others retired or were dropped, not because he was with City.
No Paul,me Lord Tyrion & one planeR were discussing it & you came in & have got yourself all confused and flustered AGAIN.
And now you're throwing a stop AGAIN.

Yes I believe Joe Hart is England No1 because he's at a top team.
He established himself as England's No1 whilst playing for that same top team.

That's not me choosing stats that suit,it's just facts.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Come on Pin-seeker it's really not difficult. A direct quote from the link you posted.....

"[FONT=&quot]Hart was given his first competitive cap in a UEFA Euro 2012 qualifier, a 4–0 win against Bulgaria at Wembley[/FONT]"

The match v Bulgaria was September 2010 so his first competitive cap was in 2010 not 2012.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8952514.stm

😂😂😂

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Saw YaYa on weds night and young Bradley put more effort in eating his Haribos than YaYa did all night. Pep has gone on record and said there is a place in his team if he can put the effort in. Well he has not for the last 18 months so YaYas next game may well be in the Carling cup. When Fernando comes on as a sub before YaYa you know he don't give two hoots. Quite frankly I blame his agent as much as I blame YaYa.
Just seen Agueros elbow on YouTube and he will missing from the Derby game, not one of his finest moments.

D

Deleted member 16999

No Paul,me Lord Tyrion & one planeR were discussing it & you came in & have got yourself all confused and flustered AGAIN.
And now you're throwing a stop AGAIN.

Yes I believe Joe Hart is England No1 because he's at a top team.
He established himself as England's No1 whilst playing for that same top team.

That's not me choosing stats that suit,it's just facts.
City bought him before the sugar daddy's arrived and were not a big club, you then introduced competitive and ColchesterFC made you look an a55.
Not throwing a strop just bored with you moving the goalposts everytime you saw an answer you didn't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.