And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think this could be good for Wilshere. The lad is either made of glass or there are issues at Arsenal, training methods, pitches etc which are affecting him. If he goes elsewhere we will find out either way. He should also go to a club where he can play, if fit, week in week out. The current situation is not working for him so this is worth a punt. I bet it has got a few managers twitching this morning as he would be a welcome addition at a number of clubs.

We'll take him, not far to go and right next door on the training ground! Get Arsenal to pay most of the wages and job done. Then see if he's good enough to get in our team :whistle:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Another bad decision from Wenger?

thought so at the time, at the numbers being mentioned I offered to drive him there myself lol, there again Ive always thought he was more problems than needed and highly over rated. there again i dont particularly rate any of the english players at arsenal

D

Deleted member 16999

I would have liked to see Stones at Chelsea playing alongside Terry,it could really have helped his game.

Bringing up racism is just pathetic imo.
I didn't bring racism up, somehow Sean has made a leap from us talking about Terry's football ability (which he totalky knew) and an instance years ago which Terry denied, but was found guilty, under the rehabilitation of offenders act, Terry has served his punishment and previous offences should not be used against him, I simply highlighted Seans club has had issues with racism and he still supports them, I'd suggest people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

D

Deleted member 16999

That would depend on whether a) Wenger's crystal ball was working and b) he chose to use it at the time that the City bid came in. :confused:

Probably the same crystal you're using to state Stones is a future England Captain.

D

Deleted member 16999

There isn't and I never said that there was.

Do you still think Terry would be a good role model and mentor for Stones in the England setup? Did you forget about Terry's past or do you think the racist element wouldn't be a problem?

I think it would be ideal and if the FA and Sam think it's alright, who am I to question them? Move on, you're making something out of nothing.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
I didn't bring racism up, somehow Sean has made a leap from us talking about Terry's football ability (which he totalky knew) and an instance years ago which Terry denied, but was found guilty, under the rehabilitation of offenders act, Terry has served his punishment and previous offences should not be used against him, I simply highlighted Seans club has had issues with racism and he still supports them, I'd suggest people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Terry was found not guilty in court so not sure what any rehabilition of offenders act has to do with it.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think it would be ideal and if the FA and Sam think it's alright, who am I to question them? Move on, you're making something out of nothing.

I wonder if Anton Ferdinand thinks being called those vile names '"was nothing". Or the other black players in the England camp, what they think about Terry coming back.

It's at odds with kicking racism out of football.

D

Deleted member 16999

I wonder if Anton Ferdinand thinks being called those vile names '"was nothing". Or the other black players in the England camp, what they think about Terry coming back.

It's at odds with kicking racism out of football.
He served his ban, should he be punished for life? You're making something out of nothing

D

Deleted member 1740

That would depend on whether a) Wenger's crystal ball was working and b) he chose to use it at the time that the City bid came in. :confused:

What are you confused about? Do you think Wenger knew about Wilshere's previous long list of injuries prior to the man city bid?

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
He served his ban, should he be punished for life? You're making something out of nothing

No he should not be punished further , he just shouldn't be rewarded with a role in the England team mentoring young professionals.

Again, it's easy to say that it was nothing when you're not the target of racism.

D

Deleted member 16999

No he should not be punished further , he just shouldn't be rewarded with a role in the England team mentoring young professionals.

Again, it's easy to say that it was nothing when you're not the target of racism.
You have no idea about me and whether I have subjected to racial abuse or not.
Facts are we were talking about Football and you have an axe to grind.
Absolute no excuse for racism, but people learn and move on, as it is Terry has said no, so it's a none argument

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
You have no idea about me and whether I have subjected to racial abuse or not.
Facts are we were talking about Football and you have an axe to grind.
Absolute no excuse for racism, but people learn and move on, as it is Terry has said no, so it's a none argument

Target of racism in this context I mean. AFAIK he didn't call you a BC.

D

Deleted member 16999

Target of racism in this context I mean. AFAIK he didn't call you a BC.
Serving 36 years in the Forces all over the world I can assure you I've been on the receiving end of a lot worse, I won't be replying to anymore about racism.
Nice of you to reply about Stones and Captain prediction.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Serving 36 years in the Forces all over the world I can assure you I've been on the receiving end of a lot worse, I won't be replying to anymore about racism.
Nice of you to reply about Stones and Captain prediction.

I got confused, thought you were saying Stones for captain a few posts ago.

Yeah better to leave the racism thing there I reckon.

D

Deleted member 1740

thought so at the time, at the numbers being mentioned I offered to drive him there myself lol, there again Ive always thought he was more problems than needed and highly over rated. there again i dont particularly rate any of the english players at arsenal

I think he'd be a good player if he could stay fit but looking at his injury record there's only so long you can stay loyal to an injury prone player for.

Same goes for Sturridge, he's no use to us sitting on the physio table week after week.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Remy to Palace for a year. Good signing for both parties. Does that mean they will play 2 up front? Benteke and Remy would make quite a duo. No point in getting either and plonking them on the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.