And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Out of curiosity I've just looked at JW's stats and I'm amazed he's played c.125 games in 8 seasons for Arsenal.

And Wenger turned down £40m from City :rofl:

And he's only 24 and has a lot of years in front of him. Not ready for the scrap heap yet and we will probably get him back or sell him for a profit. Hopefully the former because I like the player a lot.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
All Wenger had to do was look at Wheelchairs history in the previous seasons to show he spends more time with the physio than the coach - he is giving both Anderton and King a run for their money for being made of balsa wood

Wenger is fully aware of Wilsheres injury record and knows what he is capable of when fit.

Please don't call him Wheelchairs, it's inappropriate and insulting to people who genuinely use them.

D

Deleted member 15344

Wenger is fully aware of Wilsheres injury record and knows what he is capable of when fit.

Please don't call him Wheelchairs, it's inappropriate and insulting to people who genuinely use them.

If he is fully aware of his injury record then why didn't he take £40mil when it was offered - because it's Wenger

Do you back every single decision Wenger makes ? Do you have a breaking point or is it until the bitter end ?

D

Deleted member 1740

Lighten up fella.

D

Deleted member 1740

If he is fully aware of his injury record then why didn't he take £40mil when it was offered - because it's Wenger

Do you back every single decision Wenger makes ? Do you have a breaking point or is it until the bitter end ?

Yes and yes is my guess.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site

I'm pleased Wilshere didn't leave to go to our rivals for £40M . If he can stay fit he is still worth £40M and potentially more. Different if he was 29 but he's not, he still has plenty of time.

D

Deleted member 15344

I'm pleased Wilshere didn't leave to go to our rivals for £40M . If he can stay fit he is still worth £40M and potentially more. Different if he was 29 but he's not, he still has plenty of time.

Big IF in that sentence and it's quite clear that he doesn't stay fit - so let's deal with the reality as opposed to possibilities

He doesn't stay fit , the evidence of that is quite clear - so why wouldn't someone take a lot of money on someone who clearly can't stay fit ? Do you think Wenger should have sold him ?

D

Deleted member 1740

Was you pleased with RVP going to United for £30m and winning the tittle?

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Was you pleased with RVP going to United for £30m and winning the tittle?

i know youre not asking me but I didnt have a problem selling RVP for £30m, just not to Man U at the time. Another whose fitness was very questionable so understood the sale. Not to sell Wilshere for £40m laughably bad though imo

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He doesn't stay fit , the evidence of that is quite clear - so why wouldn't someone take a lot of money on someone who clearly can't stay fit ? Do you think Wenger should have sold him ?

Is the problem with Wilshere or with something else at Arsenal? Training methods, training pitches, physios, rushing him back too quickly after previous injuries or something else? Genuine question as Arsenal seem to bemoan their bad luck with injuries almost every season more than a lot of other clubs.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Big IF in that sentence and it's quite clear that he doesn't stay fit - so let's deal with the reality as opposed to possibilities

No I'm pleased Wilshere is still at Arsenal. Like I said he is still worth a lot of money and its a calculated risk keeping him. Just because the last 5 years have been injury ridden it doesn't mean that the next 5 will be.

D

Deleted member 1740

i know youre not asking me but I didnt have a problem selling RVP for £30m, just not to Man U at the time. Another whose fitness was very questionable so understood the sale. Not to sell Wilshere for £40m laughably bad though imo

The difference between the 2 is massive when both fit, RVP won you games single handedly, wilsheres never fit enough to :D Wenger weakend his side and improved the United side with that deal.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
why? Mustafi and Perez been on the radar for a while. Mustafi definitely fits the bill of what we need, whether Perez is good enough only time will tell

more strange is the loanees going out, Joel Campbell gone and looks like Chambers, Gnabry and Wilshere all going too, squad looks pretty thin on the grounds in certain areas still

Errrrrr, I was joking matey, hence the smiley.:thup:

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I would like to see Wilshire go to Everton for the year. really hope he can stay fit. west ham another good option, as he he won't have to move house.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
The difference between the 2 is massive when both fit, RVP won you games single handedly, wilsheres never fit enough to :D Wenger weakend his side and improved the United side with that deal.

For 1 season I agree. An awful lot of money to pay for one good year but I guess the gamble paid off because United won the league with him.

If he wanted to go what can you do though? Not a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.