And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 15344

Please read my posts properly , I said I think Holding will turn out better than Stones.

Holding is not as good as Stones at present but I think he will go further.

Based on zero competitive games at the highest level ? How can any comparison be made beyond as be suggested blind loyalty towards an Arsenal player.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Early days ?! He hasnt played a competitive game in the prem yet. He has come from a team bottom of the champ last year in a team that let in 81 goals - has it really got to that stage now where you have to persuade yourself on every signing Wenger makes. It's laughable how you can compare him to Stones

Sorry but you're mocking Arsenal who got top four again and you finished where? Of course any fan is going to have players they hope will be the real deal going forward. I can think of a few you've named in a red shirt as being the answer

D

Deleted member 1740

Sorry but you're mocking Arsenal who got top four again and you finished where? Of course any fan is going to have players they hope will be the real deal going forward. I can think of a few you've named in a red shirt as being the answer

No he's not, he's raised a very valid point, backed up with facts and the only retort you've got is to compare Arsenal v Liverpool.

Anybody else posts that and you'd agree, it's petty.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Don't question LP,it's not allowed 🙄

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
No he's not, he's raised a very valid point, backed up with facts and the only retort you've got is to compare Arsenal v Liverpool.

I disagree. The whole thread in recent days is very anti-Arsenal and to be honest it's not right in my opinion. They consistently out perform most other teams and if a poster thinks they have a gem then what difference does facts make. Look at Pogba's career in the PL to date, and yet suddenly he's worth so much money and the answer to United's problems.

My view and not getting into a protracted debate ongoing. You have a different view, which I don't agree with but respect

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Based on zero competitive games at the highest level ? How can any comparison be made beyond as be suggested blind loyalty towards an Arsenal player.

It's not about Wenger it's about the player.

So what if it's just friendlies he looked good.

Good touch, strong, timed his tackles well, looked confident and comfortable with the ball. Not blind faith but what I have seen so far.

it's been a really encouraging start for him and before you say it again it was only in friendlies I know.

D

Deleted member 1740

I disagree. The whole thread in recent days is very anti-Arsenal and to be honest it's not right in my opinion. They consistently out perform most other teams and if a poster thinks they have a gem then what difference does facts make. Look at Pogba's career in the PL to date, and yet suddenly he's worth so much money and the answer to United's problems.

My view and not getting into a protracted debate ongoing. You have a different view, which I don't agree with but respect

Homer, if LP or any red made the same statement that sawtooth made everybody would jump on it.

Sawtooth has made a massive statement about a defender who was part of the Bolton side that got well and truly relegated. To say he'll be better than stones is ludicrous.

That has nothing to do with Arsenal's great achievement in qualifying for CL and struggling year on year.

D

Deleted member 1740

Good touch, strong, timed his tackles well, looked confident and comfortable with the ball. Not blind faith but what I have seen so far.

it's been a really encouraging start for him and before you say it again it was only in friendlies I know.

Wenger has signed a young prospect and you've made a massive statement about the player based on a couple of pre season games.

D

Deleted member 15344

It's meaningless unless it's in competitive games - plenty of young kids over the years for many teams have looks decent in pre season only to never be seen again

Stones was chased by some of the biggest teams in Europe - he has shown his ability at the highest level and the best manager in the world right now is willing to spend big money on him - yet you believe a guy who played in a team whose defence leaked 81 goals in the championship finishing dead last and picked up on the cheap will turn out better ! Based on friendlies ! Can you not see why people think that's a joke or utter blind faith

It's not a start because the season hasn't started yet. He has right now done zero at the top level -pre season friendlies don't count and never have done - they are for fitness and building up towards the season with not many players anywhere near 100% or games played at 100%.

D

Deleted member 16999

Unfortunately Martin whether your post was valid or not, 3 other posters picked up on Sean before Phil and it's only Phil and LPool you comment on, whether it's on purpose or not, serious question, how does it look? and it was me who has been banging on about Arsenal over the past few days and that stopped over the weekend when a mod stepped in, there's been no bitching or digs for a few days now, just honest discussion, ffs please let's keep it that way rather than reverting to last season and every post being took personally.😃

Pin-seeker

Visit site
It's allowed, but at least have a valid point to counter act his point.

Even you can understand this.

But we've all seen LP big up all Liverpools signings in the past,even young players with "great potential"
Yet he pulls Arsenal fans on it.

When people talk about Liverpool as much as he does Arsenal they're obsessed,yet no problem with him constantly banging on about Arsenal or picking up all of Sawtooth's posts.

But hey ho 👍🏻

D

Deleted member 16999

Reading social media tonight and a lot of posters taking the p1ss out of Everton signing Bolaise, except Arsenal fans who seem upset that a team like Everton are spending and you's seem stuck.

D

Deleted member 1740

But we've all seen LP big up all Liverpools signings in the past,even young players with "great potential"
Yet he pulls Arsenal fans on it.

When people talk about Liverpool as much as he does Arsenal they're obsessed,yet no problem with him constantly banging on about Arsenal or picking up all of Sawtooth's posts.

But hey ho 👍🏻

So isn't he allowed to?

At least those players he's banged on about have actually played competitive football unlike the next better than John stones.

Status
Not open for further replies.