And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1740

Stones will have more time on the ball unlike at everton, add in he'll be playing with much better players and under the guidance of Pep I've no doubt he'll flourish.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Stones will have more time on the ball unlike at everton, add in he'll be playing with much better players and under the guidance of Pep I've no doubt he'll flourish.

He is good on the ball and composed ( so is Holding btw) but he's paid to defend first and foremost.

He will have to improve considerably to justify £50M on the evidence from last season. He is still young though so will wait and see.

D

Deleted member 1740

If Bolaise(sp) does join Everton, it's only a matter of time before Palace buy Benteke.

Everton might as well just give us the cash :whoo:

Last edited by a moderator:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
As I posted before Stones was superb 2 seasons back and last season was not, as you've put Holden has had one decent season in the FL, let's see how he does in the PL, then it would be fair to compare.
Chelsea changed managers and possibly priorities, maybe Conte doesn't rate him.

At the time we were going for him Cahill was as good as on his way so it would have been Stones & Zouma in the centre but then he got injured so it all went tits up, for the best imo, just hope Zouma is the same player we saw prior to injury and doesn't become another Essien

D

Deleted member 16999

At the time we were going for him Cahill was as good as on his way so it would have been Stones & Zouma in the centre but then he got injured so it all went tits up, for the best imo, just hope Zouma is the same player we saw prior to injury and doesn't become another Essien
Totally agree, from an England point of view I hope Stones does reach his potential, but on last seasons form I'd take Zouma, Cahill and Terry ahead of him.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Whilst im not sold on Stones, think he has a moment in him at any point. I've still seen him play some blinding footy in the last two years.

Genuinely, before you signed him. How much of a poor Bolton side have you watched to proclaim he's going to be better? Or are yiu just basing it on him signing for your club?

Formed my opinion purely on what I have seen of Holding in an Arsenal shirt pre-season.

I know it's early days but he doesn't look out of place. The way our injuries have gone he might even get a game on Subday against Liverpool. That will be a big test for him and it will be interesting to see how he copes.

At 20 he looks a very good prospect.

D

Deleted member 15344

Formed my opinion purely on what I have seen of Holding in an Arsenal shirt pre-season.

I know it's early days but he doesn't look out of place. The way our injuries have gone he might even get a game on Subday against Liverpool. That will be a big test for him and it will be interesting to see how he copes.

Early days ?! He hasnt played a competitive game in the prem yet. He has come from a team bottom of the champ last year in a team that let in 81 goals - has it really got to that stage now where you have to persuade yourself on every signing Wenger makes. It's laughable how you can compare him to Stones

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

And he's better than Stones because of friendlies?!

Blimey, talk about blind loyalty!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Any Palace fans on here? I seem to remember there are. What are your views on Bolasie? I've seen glimpses of him and heard the name but don't really know the pluses and minuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.