And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Unfortunately the foreign players tend to spend a short time here and make a big impact, At the end of last season 8 of the top 10 PL all time goal scorers were English, that's more likely to be down to seasons played, not sure how the list looks if it was done goals per game.

Aguero has the best record by a country mile on that front I believe. Something like a goal every 90 odd minutes on the pitch.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/manche...00-goals-premier-league-most-efficient-scorer

thint he scored a few more before end of season, as recall the 90mi ute stat being used at some point last year.

Last edited:

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Think Aguero beat Henry's goal per min record,but not by much.

It's only their first 100 goals, but scoring a goal more than 10% faster on average is still quite a jump IMO. Henry's record overall looks to have slowed towards the end. Will be interesting to see if aguero plays here two more seasons. Then a pretty direct goals / games comparison can be made.

D

Deleted member 16999

Aguero has the best record by a country mile on that front I believe. Something like a goal every 90 odd minutes on the pitch.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/manche...00-goals-premier-league-most-efficient-scorer

thint he scored a few more before end of season, as recall the 90mi ute stat being used at some point last year.
But that's the problem with stats, Shearer is the fastest to 100 and possibly played a little bit longer than he should have, because of Aquero's talent and others like him they get tempted to join the bigger clubs abroad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
But that's the problem with stats, Shearer is the fastest to 100 and possibly played a little bit longer than he should have, because of Aquero's talent and others like him they get tempted to join the bigger clubs abroad.

True, but when I was originally discussing Ronaldo and aguero, then drogba......

my my main point about him was his goalscoring nack. Aguero scoring 100 goals in the least minutes of them all I'd say is pretty clear cut. Not a misleading stat at all.

that said, I'd still take shearer over them all. Even if he did desert us young. (We're used to it)!

D

Deleted member 16999

True, but when I was originally discussing Ronaldo and aguero, then drogba......

my my main point about him was his goalscoring nack. Aguero scoring 100 goals in the least minutes of them all I'd say is pretty clear cut. Not a misleading stat at all.

that said, I'd still take shearer over them all. Even if he did desert us young. (We're used to it)!
Not disagreeing, just pointing out the frustration with stats, sometimes it's down to the Club they play for.
Andy Cole is No2 in the list and Defoe at 11,

D

Deleted member 16999

What?!

Holding looks quality and has great potential. Stones on the other hand worries me, some of his performances have been far from convincing.

Chelsea never went back in for him did they?
But never heard of or mentioned by you until he signed for Arsenal.
Are you saying the sign of a good player is Chelsea making a bid? :rofl:

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I wish Chelsea had got Stones,he really is going to be top draw IMO.
But £47m for potential is crazy.

So the best part of £100m for him & Sterling😱😱😱

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
How many people had heard of Stones before he signed for Everton for £3M?

Holding came from nowhere after having one decent season with Bolton.

Just surprised Chelsea did not pursue Stones that's all, maybe I am reading too much into it.

D

Deleted member 16999

Just surprised Chelsea did not pursue Stones that's all, maybe I am reading too much into it.
As I posted before Stones was superb 2 seasons back and last season was not, as you've put Holden has had one decent season in the FL, let's see how he does in the PL, then it would be fair to compare.
Chelsea changed managers and possibly priorities, maybe Conte doesn't rate him.

Pin-seeker

Visit site

£47.5m and you're surprised 😣

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site

Shearer could of gone to a bigger club but stuck with his home town club.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site

Change of manager he's not a Conte defender. Can see why Pep has gone for him at city. Would fit into AW football style just about £45m too much! ;)

D

Deleted member 1740

Shearer could of gone to a bigger club but stuck with his home town club.

I wouldn't call Everton a bigger club, anyway at the time of the bid they offered £2m up front and the rest was in Everton mints.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

Whilst im not sold on Stones, think he has a moment in him at any point. I've still seen him play some blinding footy in the last two years.

Genuinely, before you signed him. How much of a poor Bolton side have you watched to proclaim he's going to be better? Or are yiu just basing it on him signing for your club?

Status
Not open for further replies.