And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
He wasn't as rounded as those three but he could do defensive things those three could only dream of.

I always loved the Keane vs Vieira battles - neither would flinch. Except when Vieira wanted a cry and to hug Bergkamp in the tunnel. :D

Not disagreeing at all mate. Keane was a different monster defensively & I agree with you saying he was the best of his kind but in this modern day and age there really isn't many like him in the game anymore, it's evolved from then if you ask me.

Yeah they were brilliant, don't get rivalries like that anymore if you ask me. Everything is a bit more tame.

D

Deleted member 16999

If Stones reaches the potential he showed 2 seasons a go then it could be a good buy for City, but 47.5Mil is fantastic business for us and Barnsley, will be very pleased to get Williams for 12mil.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Stones out for a bonkers fee and Williams in for a quarter of it. Great business by Everton. Good luck to Stones and I genuinely hope he achieves his potential. Williams will give us a classic old fashioned centre half, stability and leadership. Good buy.

Johnny Evans, no thanks.

Possible talk of us swapping Jags for Kone from Sunderland. I'd be happy with that. Jags has been really good for us but injuries are starting to kick in.

Come on Ronnie, go and buy Begovic next. Finally we are joining the fun.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Stones out for a bonkers fee and Williams in for a quarter of it. Great business by Everton. Good luck to Stones and I genuinely hope he achieves his potential. Williams will give us a classic old fashioned centre half, stability and leadership. Good buy.

Johnny Evans, no thanks.

Possible talk of us swapping Jags for Kone from Sunderland. I'd be happy with that. Jags has been really good for us but injuries are starting to kick in.

Dya think Begovic will join? Not implying it wouldn't be a good move. But he knew what he was getting going to Chelsea. So can't exactly play the surprised at lack of game time card.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Papas, shot in the dark mate but he is far too good to play at being a number 2. We should offer Chelsea a decent amount and then sell the club to him. He can be our number one for 4-5 years and that has to be better than warming the bench at Chelsea. He had a go at removing Courtois last year and it didn't work out, does he fancy more of the same? Let's find out? A proven top PL keeper and he knows the northwest well so settling in would not be an issue.

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Johnny Evans, no thanks.

late to the party but Williams is a great buy especially after the fee you've just received for Stones.

Begovic is a top keeper matey, would like you to get him because he's far too good of a player to be sat on a bench!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Stokie, your recruitment team can certainly spot a keeper. Begovic has been top class and Butland is the best young keeper around. If he regains his fitness then he is England's no 1 for me. What's your current reserve keeper like?

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Stokie, your recruitment team can certainly spot a keeper. Begovic has been top class and Butland is the best young keeper around. If he regains his fitness then he is England's no 1 for me. What's your current reserve keeper like?

yeah we've had some great keepers since joining the Prem, Tommy Sorenson was first class for us too and at the time had Begovic as number 2 so a great back up.
Jack is a completely different class though mate, his shot stopping is just ridiculous.

our reserve keeper(s) are awful mate. Think Given is past his best and Haugaard (young danish) is unconvinving, had a couple of howlers last season and already had one pre-season. Saying that I do think there's a good keeper in there somewhere, he's got a hell of a kick and throw and his shot stopping generally is good. He's only 24 so plenty of time there to work with him.

We need a good back-up because we looked shaky when Jack was injured last season.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

Ming the merciful might move across the park...

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
From the bbc.... Imagine this team in the prem....

Here is a list of the most expensive player in each position. Notably two of them have happened today.

Goalkeeper: Gianluigi Buffon (£32.6m, Parma - Juventus 2001)

Right-back: Dani Alves (£27.5m, Sevilla - Barcelona 2008)

Centre-back: David Luiz (£50m, Chelsea - Paris St-Germain 2014)

Centre-back: John Stones (£47.5m, Everton - Manchester City 2016)

Left-back: Luke Shaw (£27m, Southampton - Manchester United 2014)

Right midfield: Angel di Maria (£59.7m, Real Madrid - Manchester United 2014)

Centre midfield: Paul Pogba (£89m. Juventus - Manchester United 2016)

Left midfield: James Rodriguez (£63m, Monaco - Real Madrid 2014)

Right forward: Cristiano Ronaldo (£80m, Manchester United - Real Madrid 2009)

Centre forward: Gonzalo Higuain (£76.5m, Napoli - Juventus 2016)

Left forward: Gareth Bale (£85.3m, Tottenham - Real Madrid 2013)

Total cost: £638.1m

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
They would have to be massively drunk on the Stones transfer money to bid for him. Please tell me that's your opinion and not a rumour 😨 . We have enough money to be able to go much better than him.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
City clearly have more money than sense.

I think Arsenal's Rob Holding will turn out to be a better player than Stones and Holding only cost £2M!!

Status
Not open for further replies.