And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1740

Did that phone call really happen?
Poor if it did.

Didn't do Fergie much harm getting rid of certain players.
If their attitude was wrong then he was right to ship them out.

If Pogba stayed at UTD who would he have replaced in the team?

I can't be 100% certain it never but I wouldn't put it past him. He was a bully.

Getting rid of Stam wasn't the right decision iirc. Sometimes you've just got to put your personal differences aside for the good of the team/club, his mistake has cost yernited £100m aswell as all the other dodgy deals him and his brother was involved in.

I think Ferguson done that to a few players, Keane,Stam,RVN beckham, Lee sharpe, Bebe........:whistle:

I think Pogba was as good at the time as what they had in midfield (cleverly, Richardson etc) though I'm sure I'll be told otherwise.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can't be 100% certain it never but I wouldn't put it past him. He was a bully.

Getting rid of Stam wasn't the right decision iirc. Sometimes you've just got to put your personal differences aside for the good of the team/club, his mistake has cost yernited £100m aswell as all the other dodgy deals him and his brother was involved in.

I think Ferguson done that to a few players, Keane,Stam,RVN beckham, Lee sharpe, Bebe........:whistle:

I think Pogba was as good at the time as what they had in midfield (cleverly, Richardson etc) though I'm sure I'll be told otherwise.

Closet Manc? ;)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think history has it that bringing Scholes back out of retirement finished off Pogba. So to answer the question an ageing and very short term Scholes replaced the youthful Pogba. Quite possibly correct for that season, I never watch a match with Man Utd in it unless it's against my own team, but a poor decision overall.

Pin-seeker

Visit site

But maybe if he'd kept the players mentioned it would have caused problems.
Didn't he get rid of Sharpe because he liked to party a bit too much & Feegie was worried that it was rubbing off on Giggs?

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Pogba was nowhere near ready to come into the first team when he left Man Utd and his attitude was awful.

I am sure he is one of the players who's agent dictated a lot of what went on. He and Fergie could be heard screaming at each other over contract disputes and Fergie never backed down. Yes there was the Scholes thing, but Scholes even then was the best midfielder the prem has ever seen, so who wouldn't want him in the team.
Mate close to Man Utd told me Pogba's mum still lives in Sale and he was always coming back, it was just a case of when.

Last edited:

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
I think we have passed the point were players worth is important yes 100m is a stupid amount of money that Utd may or may not re coup, the only real questions are, can they afford it ? Does him improve the team ?

If its yes on both then go for it.

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I am sure he is one of the players who's agent dictated a lot of what went on. He and Fergie could be heard screaming at each other over contract disputes and Fergie never backed down. Yes there was the Scholes thing, but Scholes even then was the best midfielder the prem has ever seen, so who wouldn't want him in the team.
Mate close to Man Utd told me Pogba's mum still lives in Sale and he was always coming back, it was just a case of when.

have a word.

D

Deleted member 1740

But maybe if he'd kept the players mentioned it would have caused problems.
Didn't he get rid of Sharpe because he liked to party a bit too much & Feegie was worried that it was rubbing off on Giggs?

Yeah, Giggs turned out to be a really nice bloke as well :whistle:

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Pogba's medical seemed to take forever yesterday. were they giving him a going over top to toe? £100 million on the line.

Na, he was making a music video for Adidas.

I still can't get my head around the size of the agents fee?

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Pogba's medical seemed to take forever yesterday. were they giving him a going over top to toe? £100 million on the line.

Na, he was making a music video for Adidas.

I still can't get my head around the size of the agents fee?

adidas photoshoot was rumoured in LA last Thursday....

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just my opinion....

City just signed Stones for £47.5 mill....
Who are Eferton going to spent their money on ?!?!

a very strong one at that!
IMO Gerrard was a much better player and i'd probably put Keane, Viera and Ballack above Scholes too.

In regards to Everton, no one has been wanting to go there.
I'd be quite concerned as an Everton fan right now!

Status
Not open for further replies.