And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 16999

Yet again Paul your post makes no sense 🙄

Life must be a real struggle
You have asked/stated twice that I would be happy with 10th next season.
I've explained and answered twice I have never said HAPPY said content if he shows progress and yet instead of reading my answers you take the mick and try and point score,
It's not me struggling to keep up.
If you don't want answers and are purely on a wind up, please feel free to ignore me.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
OK guys enough of the baiting and counter baiting.

It would be a shame to have to lock this before the season even starts.
Sorry mate,but it really was getting like Groundhog Day.

Yes Wenger needs to sign Messi & Ronaldo!

We get it 🙉

Pin-seeker

Visit site
You have asked/stated twice that I would be happy with 10th next season.
I've explained and answered twice I have never said HAPPY said content if he shows progress and yet instead of reading my answers you take the mick and try and point score,
It's not me struggling to keep up.
If you don't want answers and are purely on a wind up, please feel free to ignore me.

content1
kənˈtɛnt/
adjective
in a state of peaceful happiness

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Fwiw, I understand sawtooth(Sean's), view on the way he wants arsenal to win, and not just a billionaire blowing everyone else out the water. If one gave arsenal 800mill to spend in 2 years on the likes of messi, Ronald's etc they would win the league. Same for me, again, unless 10 others have them, then I'd want one. Slightly hypocritical, but I prefer the old school chances.

I don't think anyone doesn't understand the principle Peter, to a degree I agree with it, but to say that one team's achievements, won fairly and squarely on the pitch, don't count because the club has a rich benefactor is utterly ridiculous and frankly pathetic. Some of the Gooners on here are so far up their own Arsenals about the moral high ground they believe they occupy that it beggars belief.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I don't think anyone doesn't understand the principle Peter, to a degree I agree with it, but to say that one team's achievements, won fairly and squarely on the pitch, don't count because the club has a rich benefactor is utterly ridiculous and frankly pathetic. Some of the Gooners on here are so far up their own Arsenals about the moral high ground they believe they occupy that it beggars belief.

Personally, I'm glad Sean explained his ethos yesterday, as it was driving me nuts trying to understand the logic of being a happy loser. Now, I feel it resembles a Monty Python sketch. Either the Black Knight guarding the bridge in the Holy Grail, or the Judian Suicide Squad in Life of Brian.

As as for taking the higher moral ground whilst having the most expensive season tickets in the Prem...utterly laughable, and even more Python-esqu. In fact, the more I think about the absurdity of it, the more I'm wetting myself with laughter.

D

Deleted member 1740

Mane put a very good performance in yesterday, it was only a friendly but barca still had a very good side out. I wasn't too sure if Mane was what we needed but if he puts that type of performance in on a consistent basis this season I'll be happy.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Mane put a very good performance in yesterday, it was only a friendly but barca still had a very good side out. I wasn't too sure if Mane was what we needed but if he puts that type of performance in on a consistent basis this season I'll be happy.

For us he always showed up against the big teams. Think it'll go one of two ways for you. Either now he'll consider himself at the big club and you've got a star. Or he'll continue as was and you'll get 10 great games and the rest be left scratching your head.

For the money you paid, he was probably the least upsetting player to lose.

D

Deleted member 1740

For us he always showed up against the big teams. Think it'll go one of two ways for you. Either now he'll consider himself at the big club and you've got a star. Or he'll continue as was and you'll get 10 great games and the rest be left scratching your head.

For the money you paid, he was probably the least upsetting player to lose.

I'm used to watching players have 10 good games a season:D

Transfer fees are through the roof at the minute for most players, we've just got to accept it unfortunately.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I'm used to watching players have 10 good games a season:D

Transfer fees are through the roof at the minute for most players, we've just got to accept it unfortunately.

Yeah I just meant I was happier with his fee, than for Lallana or Loren (gotta love hindsight)!

as long as one of his 10 isn't against us I'll be happy. Still can't believe the bloke took Fowlers record. Now he was a striker!

D

Deleted member 1740

Yeah I just meant I was happier with his fee, than for Lallana or Loren (gotta love hindsight)!

as long as one of his 10 isn't against us I'll be happy. Still can't believe the bloke took Fowlers record. Now he was a striker!

Lovren has shown he can be a top defender, I just think he needs a solid partner as fonte was.

I think he'll shine with Matip next to him.

Lallana is frustrating, technically he's a very good footballer and he grafts at times but he tends to just go through the motions if you know what I mean. He also needs to add goals to his game.

It doesn't count, Fowler's was against a proper team, not like Mane's against a pub team

Last edited by a moderator:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Lovren has shown he can be a top defender, I just think he needs a solid partner as fonte was.

I think he'll shine with Matip next to him.

Lallana is frustrating, technically he's a very good footballer and he grafts at times but he tends to just go through the motions if you know what I mean. He also needs to add goals to his game.

It doesn't count, Fowler's was against a proper team, not like Mane's against a pub team

Haha!

tbf at their peaks I know I certainly wouldn't be choosing Mane.
I think as a youngster I used to like fowler as he was God and we had Le God.

for us Lallana was never really a scorer, we had lambert for that and Lallana got half or more of his assists through him. He's playing a different role with you, less playmaker and more goals are expected. I think Klopp will like him as he does tend to get stuck in. Certainly sink or swim this season for him though.

D

Deleted member 1740

Haha!

tbf at their peaks I know I certainly wouldn't be choosing Mane.
I think as a youngster I used to like fowler as he was God and we had Le God.

for us Lallana was never really a scorer, we had lambert for that and Lallana got half or more of his assists through him. He's playing a different role with you, less playmaker and more goals are expected. I think Klopp will like him as he does tend to get stuck in. Certainly sink or swim this season for him though.

That's his biggest issue for me. He has chances but just doesn't take enough of them. He improved last season from his 1st season but there's no excuses now, he needs to score 10 imo.

I can understand why Mane and Wijnaldum have been brought in 25 league goals between iirc last season, add them to coutinho's 12 and there's 37 goals from midfield all being well. Wouldn't have been my picks though.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
That's his biggest issue for me. He has chances but just doesn't take enough of them. He improved last season from his 1st season but there's no excuses now, he needs to score 10 imo.

I can understand why Mane and Wijnaldum have been brought in 25 league goals between iirc last season, add them to coutinho's 12 and there's 37 goals from midfield all being well. Wouldn't have been my picks though.

i think your main issue is getting a striker in that the manager trusts. Even if your midfield get you 50 goals. Sturridge may get you 10 in the 12 games he plays. But benteke and origi don't strike me as the answer.

D

Deleted member 1740

i think your main issue is getting a striker in that the manager trusts. Even if your midfield get you 50 goals. Sturridge may get you 10 in the 12 games he plays. But benteke and origi don't strike me as the answer.

Sturridge cannot be relied upon, Origi has improved a lot and is much better than he's given credit for. Ings and Firmino will score goals too.

Benteke was never a Liverpool player and it's been confirmed he's not got a future with us.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Has everybody picked 'their Leicester' yet and put a wager on?

I had a look at William Hill and in the premiership the odds are quite low. I wanted to put £5 on my favourite German team, but they restrict the bet to a £1000 max win these days. Is that because of what Leicester did?

D

Deleted member 1740

Another trophy to the tally..... ;)

And #pogback happy days. :D

Pffft, the charity shield doesn't count :whistle:

Buying a player back for £100m you let go for buttons shouldn't be celebrated, I wonder which managers fault that was :whistle:

Status
Not open for further replies.