And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I expect him to support Koeman in who he believes we need to sign, if Koeman thinks Pogba should sign for Everton and make a difference, yes I expect us to put in a bid, Pogba and his agent will laugh, but that shouldn't mean we accept mediocrity.

Everton & Liverpool both replaced their managers in a hope to kick on & challenge.
Thats all well & good,but you need to sign some top class players.
Klopp hasn't made 1 signing that looks any better than what Brenda (or the transfer comity) were making before he arrived.
Everton will definitely improve this season under Koeman,but let's be honest that wouldn't be hard,Martinez is terrible imo.

D

Deleted member 16999

Yeah maybe Paul 🙄
Grow up 👍🏻
I'm not the one moaning about other peoples post, you had a sly dig asking if I'd conveniently missed some posts, so I responded in kind.
Please feel free to find the posts I conveniently missed or don't throw accusations at me.
Happy to debate with anyone, you took it down a notch.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I'm not the one moaning about other peoples post, you had a sly dig asking if I'd conveniently missed some posts, so I responded in kind.
Please feel free to find the posts I conveniently missed or don't throw accusations at me.
Happy to debate with anyone, you took it down a notch.

So obviously you'll be asking why other teams (including your own)aren't signing world class players,instead of obsessing over Arsenal?

Suppose it gets you a few brownie points tho 😳

D

Deleted member 16999

So obviously you'll be asking why other teams (including your own)aren't signing world class players,instead of obsessing over Arsenal?

Suppose it gets you a few brownie points tho 😳

Once again you can't post without a dig, Me, Sawtooth and others have discussed Arsenal, if he wishes to stop the discussion he only has to say or not answer, it is you coming on making smart ar5e comments, nobody is making you post, please feel free to discuss any PL subject in an adult manner,

Everton are being linked with buying and selling allsorts of big name players, just a few weeks ago we were told on here we'd signed Mata, I'm not saying we're unlucky because of injuries or other teams had better luck, we underperformed and the club has addressed it, hopefully we will make some signings and keep the players we've got.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Once again you can't post without a dig, Me, Sawtooth and others have discussed Arsenal, if he wishes to stop the discussion he only has to say or not answer, it is you coming on making smart ar5e comments, nobody is making you post, please feel free to discuss any PL subject in an adult manner,

Everton are being linked with buying and selling allsorts of big name players, just a few weeks ago we were told on here we'd signed Mata, I'm not saying we're unlucky because of injuries or other teams had better luck, we underperformed and the club has addressed it, hopefully we will make some signings and keep the players we've got.

And if not obviously you'll make LOTS of posts showing your disapproval at the clubs lack of ambition 👍🏻

D

Deleted member 16999

And if not obviously you'll make LOTS of posts showing your disapproval at the clubs lack of ambition 👍🏻
I'll post whatever I deem fit as and when the situation arises.
If he improves on 11th I will be content in his first season.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I disagree, don't you think Spurs wanted to finish above Arsenal regardless if Spurs could catch Leicester? You're implying that both City and Spurs threw 5 points.

Lets be clear, Leicester were outstanding last year and swept the big clubs aside (except for Arsenal who managed to beat them home and away but I digress). Leicester deserved to win it!!

All I am saying is that they had the rub of the green when it came to injuries. Not moaning or being bitter just stating the fact.

Good luck to Leicester I say and but wish better fortune for Arsenal next season.

I wasn't implying either team threw the games. I'm simply saying that if your apparent bad luck (leciester being good) hadn't occurred, then you'd likely have had to teams above you.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I'll post whatever I deem fit as and when the situation arises.
If he improves on 11th I will be content in his first season.

So you'd seriously be happy with 10th?

And you question Arsenal's ambition🤔

As you were 👍🏻

D

Deleted member 16999

So you'd seriously be happy with 10th?

And you question Arsenal's ambition🤔

As you were 👍🏻
Koeman has a 5yr contract and needs time to get his squad and his way of playing.
So, yes I'd be content (note never said happy) with 10th next season as it shows improvement, 2 year I'd like to challenge 8-6 and 3rd year 6-4.
Arsenal are an established top 4 Club who imo have been 2-3 players short of winning the PL and if that was Everton I would want the board to spend whatever it took to take us to the title.
Everton over the same period have been 4-17 so not exactly consistent.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
The money we spend is not money given to us by the shareholders it's revenue.
I think the point people are trying to make is that even if we all accept that you were hard done by when the sugar daddies came in. You're at a Point where you can now compete. Yet choose not too. That is why we query the ambition. Wengers first third in the prem was out standing. His second admirable, but his third is IMO and some arsenal fans as has been seen by crowd complaints, in danger of becoming a let down.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
I think the point people are trying to make is that even if we all accept that you were hard done by when the sugar daddies came in. You're at a Point where you can now compete. Yet choose not too. That is why we query the ambition. Wengers first third in the prem was out standing. His second admirable, but his third is IMO and some arsenal fans as has been seen by crowd complaints, in danger of becoming a let down.

I don't think we can financially

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Koeman has a 5yr contract and needs time to get his squad and his way of playing.
So, yes I'd be content (note never said happy) with 10th next season as it shows improvement, 2 year I'd like to challenge 8-6 and 3rd year 6-4.
Arsenal are an established top 4 Club who imo have been 2-3 players short of winning the PL and if that was Everton I would want the board to spend whatever it took to take us to the title.
Everton over the same period have been 4-17 so not exactly consistent.

So 10th this season & then 8th the following season would be OK. Wow.
So basically Martinez massively under achieving as made it pretty easy for Koeman.!

On that basis Conte is laughing 😂

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I don't think we can financially

You soent how much on Sanchez and ozil? Both had massive impact on the pitch, but with what looks like another window without a big by to match them. How long before they wanna go elsewhere.

i agree that you might not be able to spend 250m in a window. But how many ones for the future do you really need?

Look ok at your ideal starting line up this season. How many of them have come through from wenger nurturing them as youngsters?

a decade a go he excelled in picking the future star, now all clubs have great scouts (except Liverpool, they just wait a year and buy form us). It's often said the best time to spend is at a time of strength. This season was your season with the upper hand and it appears to have been wasted IMO.

D

Deleted member 16999

So 10th this season & then 8th the following season would be OK. Wow.
So basically Martinez massively under achieving as made it pretty easy for Koeman.!

On that basis Conte is laughing 😂
OK, please tell me what we should be doing and which teams are going to go backwards to allow us to walk up the league.
Obviously I'd like to be totally wrong and finish top 4, others would like me to be totally wrong and see us relegated.
Martinez had us at 5th his first season with a points total that would of seen us runners-up last season, he finished 11th the last 2 seasons, not exactly stability or improvement was it.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
You soent how much on Sanchez and ozil? Both had massive impact on the pitch, but with what looks like another window without a big by to match them. How long before they wanna go elsewhere.

i agree that you might not be able to spend 250m in a window. But how many ones for the future do you really need?

Look ok at your ideal starting line up this season. How many of them have come through from wenger nurturing them as youngsters?

a decade a go he excelled in picking the future star, now all clubs have great scouts (except Liverpool, they just wait a year and buy form us). It's often said the best time to spend is at a time of strength. This season was your season with the upper hand and it appears to have been wasted IMO.

I don't see why the last season was our great chance we had a poor season like everyone else, we were slated at the start saying we wouldn't finish top five, come the end we ate slated for only finishing second.

We have already spent an Alexis size fee on a player.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I don't see why the last season was our great chance we had a poor season like everyone else, we were slated at the start saying we wouldn't finish top five, come the end we ate slated for only finishing second.

We have already spent an Alexis size fee on a player.
with all due respect, figures are growing. 30m on a player now isn't a big signing, that's a CL squad player fee.

The he reason I see last season as your chance is that you had the better season. You were still better than those others, so it was something to sell yourself as a club on. You could claim to be league contenders as you'd been runners up. Where as next season could be like many before, CL participants.....

Status
Not open for further replies.