And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Unfortunately Martin whether your post was valid or not, 3 other posters picked up on Sean before Phil and it's only Phil and LPool you comment on, whether it's on purpose or not, serious question, how does it look? and it was me who has been banging on about Arsenal over the past few days and that stopped over the weekend when a mod stepped in, there's been no bitching or digs for a few days now, just honest discussion, ffs please let's keep it that way rather than reverting to last season and every post being took personally.😃

And yet the next post #1058 echoes what I said. As I said it's my opinion (withing forum rules and not personal or abusive) and I happen to simply find it funny how many posts have been poking fun at Arsenal (to put it politely) and yet their own clubs (may posters not simply Liverpool based) haven't performed as consistently. To be fair, Wenger definitely has form for taking young players and bringing them on so if the OP thinks there may be another unpolished diamond, rather than mock, based on a few pre-seasons games, and previous form, let's see it play out and see how it develops. I'm out as you seem to "making it personal" by ignoring my right to an opinion and singling me out. Done as I refuse to be drawn further and risk infractions

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
on the form of the 1st half of last season yes. But he wouldn't excite me.
You?

I'd have him quite happily. Something of Drogba about him and he actually wants to be here & achieve something with the club. Much as I like Costa the player, Costa the man is a bloody liability and given the disciplinary panels attitude of it's not what was done but who was doing it means he could play considerably more than Costa.

D

Deleted member 16999

I'd have him quite happily. Something of Drogba about him and he actually wants to be here & achieve something with the club. Much as I like Costa the player, Costa the man is a bloody liability and given the disciplinary panels attitude of it's not what was done but who was doing it means he could play considerably more than Costa.

He's closer to being the finished article and if he plays in a team that can mix it up and play to his strengths he'll be 20 goals plus a season, we were too dependant on him and tactically found wanting, without his goals last season we'd of been in the relegation fight.

D

Deleted member 16999

And yet the next post #1058 echoes what I said. As I said it's my opinion (withing forum rules and not personal or abusive) and I happen to simply find it funny how many posts have been poking fun at Arsenal (to put it politely) and yet their own clubs (may posters not simply Liverpool based) haven't performed as consistently. To be fair, Wenger definitely has form for taking young players and bringing them on so if the OP thinks there may be another unpolished diamond, rather than mock, based on a few pre-seasons games, and previous form, let's see it play out and see how it develops. I'm out as you seem to "making it personal" by ignoring my right to an opinion and singling me out. Done as I refuse to be drawn further and risk infractions

And if you read the posts over the last few days the main comments have been about Arsenals future, people are very complimentary about what Wenger has achieved in the past, I never made it personal, I asked a genuine question and asked for your opinion, playing the old, I'm out before I risk an infraction is disappointing as I'm sure your more than capable of debating honestly.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Sorry, Scholes was ten times the player Gerrard was. If you asked every prem manager there has ever been who they would want out of the two, it would be Scholes every time. That includes the Liverpool managers ;)

Absolute tosh.

gerrard gets the ball from traore, wall pass with leonardsen, knock down from Diouf, puts in Voronin to miss.

Scholes receives it from vidic, one-two with beck ham, slots in nistelroy, squares to van Persie.

see where I'm going.......look up zidanes comments on Gerard also.

how would scholes have looked in most Liverpool teams - we would have won less. With Gerard, Man U would have won more.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Please read my posts properly , I said I think Holding will turn out better than Stones.

Holding is not as good as Stones at present but I think he will go further.

Ok, so on a few meaningless friendlies you've seen more potential in a player that has so far been in a disasterous Bolton defence than someone who has played more in the prem and for his country.

Youre point is is still as absurd IMO irrespective of the apparent misinterpretation on my behalf.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Early days ?! He hasnt played a competitive game in the prem yet. He has come from a team bottom of the champ last year in a team that let in 81 goals - has it really got to that stage now where you have to persuade yourself on every signing Wenger makes. It's laughable how you can compare him to Stones

Spot on. Comparing Holding with Stones right now is laughable.

Bolasie is an excellent signing, and it's been a good day for Everton. Shame to see Stones go, but good to cash in now because he'd have left anyway, to make that much for him after he had a very poor season last season is good business. I do think he'll go on to be a superb defender under Pep, but right now replacing him with Williams looks like excellent business. We're also about to complete on Lamine Kone and are in for Bolasie. Good day to be a Toffee, and nice to see us picking things up in the transfer market. Typical Everton to leave it to the last couple of weeks though!

D

Deleted member 16999

Absolute tosh.

gerrard gets the ball from traore, wall pass with leonardsen, knock down from Diouf, puts in Voronin to miss.

Scholes receives it from vidic, one-two with beck ham, slots in nistelroy, squares to van Persie.

how would scholes have looked in most Liverpool teams - we would have won less. With Gerard, Man U would have won more.
It's a question you'll never get an answer to, loyalties are split and so are the views of the worlds best.
Gets even worse if you add Lampard to the question.
For me they were all great players, just a pity England didn't/couldn't get them in the same team running our midfield on a world stage.

D

Deleted member 1740

Pretty sure playing for Bolton counts as competitive football. :whistle: their POTY no less. :rofl:

I don't remember sawtooth banging on about this Lad last season, it's obvious that he's made this statement based on half hearted friendlies.

Stones still has a lot to prove btw.

D

Deleted member 1740

And if you read the posts over the last few days the main comments have been about Arsenals future, people are very complimentary about what Wenger has achieved in the past, I never made it personal, I asked a genuine question and asked for your opinion, playing the old, I'm out before I risk an infraction is disappointing as I'm sure your more than capable of debating honestly.

That's the easy way out. He should be a politician.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Homer, neither me, lpoolphil or stuc manage Liverpool fc.

we can't have an effect on signings, tactics or picking the team. So, why when lpoolphil Phil, not me or stu, do you always defend Arsenal with, well Liverpool............why always the comparison, on a point of view on selection etc.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
It's a question you'll never get an answer to, loyalties are split and so are the views of the worlds best.
Gets even worse if you add Lampard to the question.
For me they were all great players, just a pity England didn't/couldn't get them in the same team running our midfield on a world stage.

No it gets much easier….. :D

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

And you have seen both live, so can form a good opinion, and not just via a sky season ticket.

I really hope you don't get lukaku, as the closest to drogba, without the diving. Awesome player.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Absolute tosh.

You been on the ginger beer again Pete? Scholes over Gerrard for me. A better stopper and passer. Didn't score as many goals but broke more attacks. Probably a little like comparing apples with oranges but if I had to choose one over the other I'd go for Scholes.

D

Deleted member 15344

I wish we'd kept him so that he could have learnt from Drogba………

Lukaku has the ability to be as unplayable as Drogba once at his best - would have learned a lot from Drogba but seems to have a bit of an attitude and a lazy streak going when things aren't going well - a lack of fight ( might explain not wanting to wait for a chance at Chelsea )

Would there be space for him and Costa or would Costa be then on the move back to Atletico

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
And you have seen both live, so can form a good opinion, and not just via a sky season ticket.

I really hope you don't get lukaku, as the closest to drogba, without the diving. Awesome player.

I think his ability isn't in doubt.

Temperament maybe a be a little more so. Depends how you view his departure of Chelsea. Either he was hungry enough to want game time, or he stropped. He was certainly rather frank about Everton being a stepping stone.

everton fans, over the course of the season he obviously scored well, but How was he when it really mattered? Coz he didn't sell himself well in France.

Status
Not open for further replies.