And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
aaahhh, Sorrento. I watched a few games there last year. Its only local amateur stuff but they're really friendly, especially for the post match drinks. The ground is near the Grand Hotel Riviera. Its on the via Aniello Califano(lousy spelling), about 5 mins from the town centre.

Off there on Saturday! Can't beat amateur footy

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Indeed, personally i think he's the real deal but am not sure Klippety thinks the same !!!!

I agree with you mate, think he looks a brilliant player.

Strong, quick and skillful.

Not sure who he'll play at the weekend in all fairness, if it was down to me he's got to play a striker due to Arsenal having injury troubles at the back but I guess we'll see!!

D

Deleted member 1740

Question to you Liverpool folk.....who will start up front for you guys ? Will they go with Origi? Ings ? Is Sturridge fit ? Benteke ?? or will they do a Barcelona and not play a recognised striker and play Firmino up top ??? Your input would be appreciated.

I think Origi will play most games provided he stays fit. He's the typical player Klopp likes, someone who grafts and puts the yards in and he can finish.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Reminds me of the Distin move after we sold Lescott. That was a cracking double as well.

Bolasie is more of a winger than a striker though unless Ronnie is also going to use him down the middle in addition to outwide. We need a back up for Lukaku for when he is off colour.

I'm on holiday at the moment. Have the Lukaku to Chelsea stories gone quiet now?

D

Deleted member 16999

Reminds me of the Distin move after we sold Lescott. That was a cracking double as well.

Bolasie is more of a winger than a striker though unless Ronnie is also going to use him down the middle in addition to outwide. We need a back up for Lukaku for when he is off colour.

I'm on holiday at the moment. Have the Lukaku to Chelsea stories gone quiet now?
Papers say Chelsea are going to play the waiting game, Chelsea fan sites on twitter reported Lukaku didn't train today and took that as a positive sign for themselves.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Have to agree to disagree... Utd would not have won more with Gerrard than Scholes and Liverpool would have won more with Scholes than Gerrard... Both great dedicated players but Gerrard not fit to lace Gerrards boots....

Gerrards that good, you named him twice.

The prem has had five outstanding centre midfielders imho. Gerrard, scholes, Viera, Keane and lampard. All where consistently top drawer for 8-15 years.

Some others have had great 3-4 year bursts like Essien, petit, mascherano, yay a, makalele etc.

There is only half or 1 out of 10 at the most difference between any of the top 5 mentioned, no one unfit to lace anyone's boots. Scholes was a failed striker, whereas gerrard could and did play numerous positions for both club and country, he was that good. Scholes only ever played in a top team, and wasn't often picked ahead of lampard or Gerrards for England.

also, give me one of your best midfielders, and I,d have picked Keane anyway.:ears:

so justify how scholes was 10 times the player........, after your hangover.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16999

Gerrards that good, you named him twice.

The prem has had five outstanding centre midfielders imho. Gerrard, scholes, Viera, Keane and lampard. All where consistently top drawer for 8-15 years.

Some others have had great 3-4 year bursts like Essien, petit, mascherano, yay a, makalele etc.

There is only half or 1 out of 10 at the most difference between any of the top 5 mentioned, no one unfit to lace anyone's boots. Scholes was a failed striker, whereas gerrard could and did play numerous positions for both club and country, he was that good. Scholes only ever played in a top team, and wasn't often picked ahead of lampard or Gerrards for England.

also, give me one of your best midfielders, and I,d have picked Keane anyway.:ears:

so justify how scholes was 10 times the player........, after your hangover.
Six outstanding midfielders, Six.........you forgot Leon Osman :rofl:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
With all the chat about Gerrard and Scholes I'm smiling to myself about the players that existed before the PL, remember that time, who I'd pick above both of them. Have a remember about the 70's and 80's. The last few pages of this thread has got stuck in a very recent time warp.

Before anyone asks the question, I'll start you with Souness and follow with Hoddle. I'd pick both of them ahead of Scholes and Gerard and yes, I'm very sober 😀. They'd work beautifully side by side as well.

D

Deleted member 16999

With all the chat about Gerrard and Scholes I'm smiling to myself about the players that existed before the PL, remember that time, who I'd pick above both of them. Have a remember about the 70's and 80's. The last few pages of this thread has got stuck in a very recent time warp.

Before anyone asks the question, I'll start you with Souness and follow with Hoddle. I'd pick both of them ahead of Scholes and Gerard and yes, I'm very sober 😀. They'd work beautifully side by side as well.

Unfortunately😃 Kenny Dalglish was one of the all time best imo and a shout for Bryan Robson who would put himself about.
Peter Reid, legend.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site

Before anyone asks the question, I'll start you with Souness and follow with Hoddle. I'd pick both of them ahead of Scholes and Gerard and yes, I'm very sober ��. They'd work beautifully side by side as well.

Duncan Edwards. Case closed. Lock the thread. ;)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Paul, I'll add Paul Bracewell, my favourite player of that time / team. For those arsenal fans lets also throw in Liam Brady. Murhen at Ipswich, Ardiles at Tottenham. This could go on and on so how about we forget about Scholes and Gerard hey?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Unfortunately Kenny Dalglish was one of the all time best imo and a shout for Bryan Robson who would put himself about.
Peter Reid, legend.

Dalglish and Robson, absolutely. Reid? Who is this Reid you speak of? Although him and Robson were excellent at shifting beer in Yarm on regular occasions.

Status
Not open for further replies.