And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 16999

Lukaku has the ability to be as unplayable as Drogba once at his best - would have learned a lot from Drogba but seems to have a bit of an attitude and a lazy streak going when things aren't going well - a lack of fight ( might explain not wanting to wait for a chance at Chelsea )

Would there be space for him and Costa or would Costa be then on the move back to Atletico

Don't forget though Phil, he's still only 23, so a lot of the issues he's had can be put down to inexperience and possibly immaturity, obviously would love to keep him, but whoever he plays for he can only get better.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
You been on the ginger beer again Pete? Scholes over Gerrard for me. A better stopper and passer. Didn't score as many goals but broke more attacks. Probably a little like comparing apples with oranges but if I had to choose one over the other I'd go for Scholes.

i think you've been on the absinthe, bri.

scholes a better stopper, you have got to be joking. I don't think even the most biased Man U fan would say This. By foul means, yes, by good tackling, never. He was known for being a dirty b, and anyone who buys into ferries "mistiming" excuse, doesn't know footy at all. Scholes could dictate a pace of a game better, granted, slipped lovely passes in behind a defence, arrived in the box with perfect timing, but a better stopper, pack in.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
i think you've been on the absinthe, bri.

scholes a better stopper, you have got to be joking. I don't think even the most biased Man U fan would say This. By foul means, yes, by good tackling, never. He was known for being a dirty b, and anyone who buys into ferries "mistiming" excuse, doesn't know footy at all. Scholes could dictate a pace of a game better, granted, slipped lovely passes in behind a defence, arrived in the box with perfect timing, but a better stopper, pack in.

I read that as interceptions. I wouldn't necessarily agree he was better than Gerard in that respect, but he did have a habit of being in the right place at the right time. His tackling atrocious, but a lot of it was taking one for the team when someone had messed up and he was covering.

i think the two of them were what should have been England's midfield for years, but scholes disgracefully was pushed out to the left wing.

D

Deleted member 16999

I think his ability isn't in doubt.

Temperament maybe a be a little more so. Depends how you view his departure of Chelsea. Either he was hungry enough to want game time, or he stropped. He was certainly rather frank about Everton being a stepping stone.

everton fans, over the course of the season he obviously scored well, but How was he when it really mattered? Coz he didn't sell himself well in France.
As posted, he's still learning, he was still a teenager when Chelsea signed him and putting him out on loan was for his benefit, unfortunately he was a success so didn't want to return to Chelsea and be a sub.
He may appear to drift out of games but 18 goals in the PL in a struggling side is a great return, he can pop up first or last minute with a goal,
Don't think many players had a good Euros, you can probably count on one hand those that did.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I think his ability isn't in doubt.

Temperament maybe a be a little more so. Depends how you view his departure of Chelsea. Either he was hungry enough to want game time, or he stropped. He was certainly rather frank about Everton being a stepping stone.

everton fans, over the course of the season he obviously scored well, but How was he when it really mattered? Coz he didn't sell himself well in France.

You forgot the "Jose didn't fancy him & gave him the Mata treatment" option. :D

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Absolute tosh.

gerrard gets the ball from traore, wall pass with leonardsen, knock down from Diouf, puts in Voronin to miss.

Scholes receives it from vidic, one-two with beck ham, slots in nistelroy, squares to van Persie.

see where I'm going.......look up zidanes comments on Gerard also.

how would scholes have looked in most Liverpool teams - we would have won less. With Gerard, Man U would have won more.

Have to agree to disagree... Utd would not have won more with Gerrard than Scholes and Liverpool would have won more with Scholes than Gerrard... Both great dedicated players but Gerrard not fit to lace Gerrards boots....

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Have to agree to disagree... Utd would not have won more with Gerrard than Scholes and Liverpool would have won more with Scholes than Gerrard... Both great dedicated players but Gerrard not fit to lace Gerrards boots....

I'm seeing double

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

Maybe he should use velcro!

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Finalised the Fantasy team for this week. What do you reckon?

squad_zpsteeuqg4e.png

Who have you guys picked?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
:rofl:
Sorry, apologies... Too much Perioni in Sorrento last night.... Obviously meant Gerrard not fit to lace Scholes boots....

aaahhh, Sorrento. I watched a few games there last year. Its only local amateur stuff but they're really friendly, especially for the post match drinks. The ground is near the Grand Hotel Riviera. Its on the via Aniello Califano(lousy spelling), about 5 mins from the town centre.

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Got Jakupovic, Hojbjerg, Browning and Friend on the bench.

ahh gone for the strong starting 11 weak bench option ;)

I'm more of a squad player.

Tried uploading a picture but struggling, team as follows:

Courtois
Walker Joel Ward Bellerin Van Dijk
Walcott Hazard Bojan
Shane Long Musa Aguero

Bench: Butland, Baines, Feghouli, Jordan Ibe

drewster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Question to you Liverpool folk.....who will start up front for you guys ? Will they go with Origi? Ings ? Is Sturridge fit ? Benteke ?? or will they do a Barcelona and not play a recognised striker and play Firmino up top ??? Your input would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.