And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think what he achieved during the tight financial times was fantastic. Now, I think he is failing.

Which Arsenal player excites? None. They are as grey as Wenger's suit. Is there a Henry, Vieta, Wright, Adams, Bergkamp in the squad? No, there isn't one single stand out star.

Ozil, Sanchez, Giroud, Ramsey, Cazorla, Ox, Walcott , Akpom, Campbell, Bellerin, most of them actually.

We have plenty of pace in the team and most can pick a pass or score spectacular goals!

Most of our trouble is keeping everybody fit long enough, Wenger has been very unlucky with injuries at critical times over past seasons. Cost us a championship or 2 for sure but that's football.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
You might find all those players have retired, there is an Alexis, Özil and a Ramsey.

They've retired? I hadn't realised.

Ozil, Sanchez, Giroud, Ramsey, Cazorla, Ox, Walcott , Akpom, Campbell, Bellerin, most of them actually.

We have plenty of pace in the team and most can pick a pass or score spectacular goals!

Most of our trouble is keeping everybody fit long enough, Wenger has been very unlucky with injuries at critical times over past seasons. Cost us a championship or 2 for sure but that's football.

But where are the stars? Very good players, some of them, but no stars. Capable of producing some magic occasionally but every player is capable of that. No stars...

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Not for me its not, its the lack of a proper holding midfielder, complete lack of leadership (ideally from a dominant centre half) and a better number 9. Injuries dont help but everyone suffers them in the modern game (and the more small delicate players you have the more you suffer)

D

Deleted member 16999

Said many times Wenger HAS been one if not the best manager the PL has seen, but you won't answer a straight question and make excuses, you can't keep saying top 4 is success for a club like Arsenal,
Basically you seem to say Wenger is a genius and until he steps down you will back him and accept the results he brings, or is there a line?

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Said many times Wenger HAS been one if not the best manager the PL has seen, but you won't answer a straight question and make excuses, you can't keep saying top 4 is success for a club like Arsenal,
Basically you seem to say Wenger is a genius and until he steps down you will back him and accept the results he brings, or is there a line?

Not even the most deluded Arsenal fan could suggest that he's been the best.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site

What direct question did I not answer?

Wenger is NOT failing IMHO.

D

Deleted member 16999

What direct question did I not answer?

Wenger is NOT failing IMHO.
What is unacceptable in your opinion?
Is outside the top 4 OK if you win the FA Cup?
Where is the line when Wengers future as manager becomes questionable?

NOT failing and being succesful are miles apart though.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

Bloody hell even you Paul have caught the deluded bug and if it carries on this way cookoo land will be full up.

The best manager the P/L has seen[absolute delusion].

D

Deleted member 16999

Bloody hell even you Paul have caught the deluded bug and if it carries on this way cookoo land will be full up.

The best manager the P/L has seen[absolute delusion].

Not deluded mate, definitely between Fergie and him, going on silverware it's Fergie, but to Arsenal fans on here it seems success is more than trophies, (that's delusional) taking into account longevity, going a season unbeaten etc some would put him above Fergie.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Do you think Arsenal should be winning titles and CL ?

Should be competing , playing attractive football and being in the mix yes.

It will be nice to win but you have to be realistic. Yes Leicester did it last year but we all know that sort of thing happens once in a blue moon.

Arsenal were close last year as runners up and might go one better this year if we have less injury problems.

D

Deleted member 15344

Should be competing , playing attractive football and being in the mix yes.

It will be nice to win but you have to be realistic. Yes Leicester did it last year but we all know that sort of thing happens once in a blue moon.

Arsenal were close last year as runners up and might go one better this year if we have less injury problems.

Again that avoided the question

If Wenger has been set just to be a top 4 club then he isn't failing - if it's to win big competitions then he is failing and has been for a decade

I don't think I have ever seen an Arsenal fan with so low ambition and expectations as yourself - I guess that's because it helps you believe Wenger is doing a great job

It's the same excuses - money and injuries every single year yet Arsenal are one of the richest clubs in the world and your manager keeps giving these injury prone players new deals instead of going out and buying a deeper squad to cover for injuries

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not deluded mate, definitely between Fergie and him, going on silverware it's Fergie, but to Arsenal fans on here it seems success is more than trophies, (that's delusional) taking into account longevity, going a season unbeaten etc some would put him above Fergie.

Bloody hell I give up.

Your not an Arsenal fan and you suggested he might be the best P/L manager ever.
Sean is delusional but we know that already.

Do you put him above Fergie then and if so your reasons.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site

I agree it does depend on criteria. For example Arsenal are a hell of a lot closer to Utd now in terms of financial clout than we would otherwise have been. Wenger revolutionised Arsenal and put the club on a solid footing that will stand it in good stead for decades to come.

We could easily have become mid table strugglers if it wasn't for Wenger.

We are one of the safest clubs in the league now, self sustaining and not reliant on any external finances - well not as dependent as others that's for sure.

Clubs like Liverpool, Everton and Spurs haven't reached the same level of stability and without sounding too dramatic they have uncertain futures.

D

Deleted member 16999

Bloody hell I give up.

Your not an Arsenal fan and you suggested he might be the best P/L manager ever.
Sean is delusional but we know that already.

Do you put him above Fergie then and if so your reasons.
Fergie is undoubtebly the greatest PL manager we've seen.

Putting a balanced view across with regards Wenger, to me he HAS been superb and 2nd to Fergie, but, imo, he's had his day and he's the reason they haven't won the PL or CL in recent years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.