And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
He wanted him at Chelsea last season, so not sure what's changed.
I'd be happy if he went nowhere just yet.

Just because Chelsea go for some players I can assure you it's not always with the current managers full blessing. We've got a complete knob doing that side of things and until he goes there will be bad signings & sales of players along with hanging on to too much dead wood.

Also what might be a good fit into 1 team diesnt make him (Stones) a good fit in another, unless your going to build around that player, but I don't think Stones has matured yet to build around, he's good and could get a lot better playing with and around more experience, but he's not a leader by example yet IMO.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16999

Just because Chelsea go for some players I can assure you it's not always with the current managers full blessing. We've got a complete knob doing that side of things and until he goes there will be bad signings & sales of players along with hanging on to too much dead wood.

Also what might be a good fit into 1 team diesnt make him (Stones) a good fit in another, unless your going to build around that player, but I don't think Stones has matured yet to build around, he's good and could get a lot better playing with and around more experience, but he's not a leader by example yet IMO.
Agreed, but on the reverse some managers like particular players.
I don't rate Stones anywhere near the money being touted about, but Jose did make quite a few statements about him at the time.
As you know I rate Jose as possibly the best manager currently in football and to put up a one liner with no back up as Kellfire did saying he's not a Jose style CB is puzzling.
Jose knows exactly what he wants from his teams and gets the best out of them.

D

Deleted member 16999

Certainly showed it last season :whistle:

Simeone is a better manager for a start if you ask me.

That's what good about Football, we all have opinions and very rarely agree😃
Simeone has nowhere near the record Jose does, and Jose has done it with every team in diferent leagues, Simeone has been fantastic with one club in one league.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
As you know I rate Jose as possibly the best manager currently in football and to put up a one liner with no back up as Kellfire did saying he's not a Jose style CB is puzzling..

Jose normally tends towards big, strong athletic no nonsense CBs like Bailly. Not always but I don't see him wanting Stones at United.

D

Deleted member 16999

Jose normally tends towards big, strong athletic no nonsense CBs like Bailly. Not always but I don't see him wanting Stones at United.

Fair one, hope Koeman can do it, but honestly believe someone like Jose could get Stones to his potential, regardless of what Club Jose was/is at.

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
That's what good about Football, we all have opinions and very rarely agree
Simeone has nowhere near the record Jose does, and Jose has done it with every team in diferent leagues, Simeone has been fantastic with one club in one league.

Think we'll see truly see how good Jose is, I think the guys brilliant and no denying he's a brilliant manager.

He's got one hell of a task at United though at the rate they've declined the last couple of years.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Think we'll see truly see how good Jose is, I think the guys brilliant and no denying he's a brilliant manager.

He's got one hell of a task at United though at the rate they've declined the last couple of years.

one hell of a task? Blank chequebook, buy who you want at whatever price. You want to pay £100m for a player we gave away, go ahead Jose - you think thats a hard task? Dream management job isnt it

Pin-seeker

Visit site
one hell of a task? Blank chequebook, buy who you want at whatever price. You want to pay £100m for a player we gave away, go ahead Jose - you think thats a hard task? Dream management job isnt it

Dream managers job would be one with a massive salary & no pressure to win anything 🤔

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
As Pin-seeker said, a blank chequebook doesn't make it an easy task.

He had an abundance of money last season at Chelsea, you gonna tell me that went well. (yes i know he's been successful previous years)

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
What makes you come up with this statement I'm all ears on this one?

he's won La Liga and narrowly missed out on 2 champions league cups with a team that is below the standards of others in said competitions.

He has also done this at a 'selling club' every year they sell a big player and he manages to replace.
They haven't got the biggest pulling power for a club and don't get the A list players but he always gets them playing and always signs the right players.
Look at Griezzmann, good player when at Sociedad but the level he's managed to step up to whilst at Athletico is phenomenal.

He's a fantastic tactician and always wears his heart on his sleeve.

Brilliant manager if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.