And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
No - Arsenal will nip in with a £80m bid and snatch him from under Chelsea's noses at the last minute...

Dear God no.

It's no wonder Wenger is perturbed by the current transfer market, 4 years ago £16million bought you Santi Cazorla, now it would buy you Johnny Evans.

I leave that there for you to think about.

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Not quite as good as Man Utd and Pogba but still funny.

I have an image of the top bods at Everton sat laughing around the phone, making up numbers. "They've offered £50m", "Ask for £75m, go on, it will be funny". Cue sniggering and school boy laughter. Everton can't lose. If Lukaku stays he will get us 20-25 goals. If we sell him for £60-£70m we can buy a number of players with that. We just have to buy intelligently.

Depends who will want to move to you.

You've been linked to a few names already in this window and no one really seems to be interested.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The word is it will all happen this week at Goodison. If not then we could have a ropey start. We are thin in depth and need to add some quality in certain positions. You never know if the players linked are genuine or just agents bumping up prices. Non have been earth shattering so far so I can't say I'm stressed that they have not come our way. An awful lot of clubs have done very little at this stage. It could be a mad last week of the window.

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The word is it will all happen this week at Goodison. If not then we could have a ropey start. We are thin in depth and need to add some quality in certain positions. You never know if the players linked are genuine or just agents bumping up prices. Non have been earth shattering so far so I can't say I'm stressed that they have not come our way. An awful lot of clubs have done very little at this stage. It could be a mad last week of the window.

yeah, should probably get a bit of a move on with it.

Running the risk of A) not getting the right signings in on time B) Panic buying C) Focusing more on signings than the squad you've got now.

I think if you don't get any new faces in sharpish you may be in for another long year. Another year of us ahead of you too ;)

D

Deleted member 16999

TBH I'd be happy if Koeman gets 12 months with the current squad, a lot was made of the potential of it last year, so new man, new ideas, let's see if he can get them playing to that potential. The ones we've released are no great loss.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Dear God no.

It's no wonder Wenger is perturbed by the current transfer market, 4 years ago £16million bought you Santi Cazorla, now it would buy you Johnny Evans.

I leave that there for you to think about.

and 15 years ago 10m got you Jeffers......
Whilst Utd bought Ronaldo for 12m 2 years later.....

Theyre are plenty of good and bad examples

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
TBH I'd be happy if Koeman gets 12 months with the current squad, a lot was made of the potential of it last year, so new man, new ideas, let's see if he can get them playing to that potential. The ones we've released are no great loss.

To an extent I agree but our GK were not good enough last year and neither we're our back up strikers. The rest can wait but I don't think those positions can.

D

Deleted member 15344

It was more that 16 used to be a top top player not a poor one

The market has moved on - £1mil used to get you a top top player

We got Coutinho for £8.5 only 3 years ago

Every now and then a player is bought for a very good price but once a player is in any sort of headline for his play then his price is put up - Cazola at one stage was being touted at over £25-30mil when he was with Spain in 08

D

Deleted member 16999

To an extent I agree but our GK were not good enough last year and neither we're our back up strikers. The rest can wait but I don't think those positions can.
A lot of the issues though were down to tactics and no plan B, he's got another keeper and if we can keep the bulk then I'd rather spend 8-15Mil looking for back up than 40-50 and starting again, again and again.
We'd be stupid to turn down the daft money that is being touted around, but I don't want to start the season with one squad and 2 weeks later when the transfer window shuts have 2-4 panic buys to replace people we lose, make decisions now and get on with it.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
It was more that 16 used to be a top top player not a poor one

Shearer and Denilson both cost 15m within weeks of each other.
the transfer fee doesn't always dictate the calibre of player. Some are finished articles, others are potential.

Cazorla was a good price, Johnny Evans would probably be about right in this market.

All things football related have gone up in The top flight. My first season ticket was less than £300 it isn't anymore.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
If that is true why was Gabriels red card recinded and why did Costa receive a ban, because the referee sent off the wrong player.

As has been pointed out on here many times before, it's more often not what's done but who's done it that decides that.

Only the disciplinary panel could come up with the excuse of because he didn't make contact the kick was sufficient for a straight red card.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
As has been pointed out on here many times before, it's more often not what's done but who's done it that decides that.

Only the disciplinary panel could come up with the excuse of because he didn't make contact the kick was sufficient for a straight red card.

Or more likely they watched it decided the ref got it wrong and dished out the relevant punishment.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Or more likely they watched it decided the ref got it wrong and dished out the relevant punishment.

Yet curiously enough, for the first and probably the only time in living memory, Arsene Wenger actually saw an Arsenal player commit a transgression and agreed in the post match interview that the referee was correct to dismiss him.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
Yet curiously enough, for the first and probably the only time in living memory, Arsene Wenger actually saw an Arsenal player commit a transgression and agreed in the post match interview that the referee was correct to dismiss him.

And yet the panel that watched it recinded the red and punished Costa because the ref sent the wrong man off.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I confee, i can't recall the game too well. So did a little google. From what i just read, Arsenal were lucky to have reached half time at 0-0. So whilst the apparent injustice may have helped condemn them to defeat. It was hardly likely that a simple victory was all theirs if it had remained 11 aside.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
I confee, i can't recall the game too well. So did a little google. From what i just read, Arsenal were lucky to have reached half time at 0-0. So whilst the apparent injustice may have helped condemn them to defeat. It was hardly likely that a simple victory was all theirs if it had remained 11 aside.

Pretty confident we would have won against 10 men instead of having 10 men.

Status
Not open for further replies.