And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Hardly moaning like stink, just pointing out where Arsenal are in the pecking order in terms of financial muscle in the transfer market.

I wouldn't mention it at all but it seems certain people need reminding that Arsenal are infact doing quite well and that Wenger is doing a great job. Just putting things in perspective a little that's all - no offence.

Wenger does a great job as a buinsinessman. As a football manager, i'd argue he's doing quite a poor job. Last year was a bottle job. The title was yours to win. Yet you scored how many points?

You do the same each season. You arent good enough to get to 80 points and how often is the league won with that few points.

I'd predict you'll get another 75-77 points, where you finish will depend more on your opponents than you. They play well and youll finish outside top 4. they do badly and you may squeak second.

D

Deleted member 15344

£75M on a 29 yr old that hasn't played a second of PL football does not guarantee a 'massive extra dimension that Arsenal are crying out for'. Do you even know if Higuain ever wanted to leave Italy?

Arsenal second in the league last year and Wenger beat the likes of Klopp, Van Gaal, Hiddink, Pochettino, Pellegrini etc. So not too shabby , where did Liverpool finish again?

Arsenal charge what people are prepared to pay to watch great, exciting , progressive football in the city of London - market forces.

We don't have the same fan base as Utd and we don't have sugar daddies like Chelsea and City. So i know if we are top 4 then we are doing OK.

It's all just the same excuses every summer

Higuain is a proven goalscorer - if you are going to dismiss any player who hasn't played in the Prem then who are you left with ?

Last year was Arsenals best chance and yet blew it again plus the annual last 16 exit in the CL

Arsenal are one of the biggest richest clubs in the world owned by a billionaire - Leicester blew your money excuse out the window

So for you is top 4 your level of ambition ?

Pin-seeker

Visit site
It's all just the same excuses every summer

Higuain is a proven goalscorer - if you are going to dismiss any player who hasn't played in the Prem then who are you left with ?

Last year was Arsenals best chance and yet blew it again plus the annual last 16 exit in the CL

Arsenal are one of the biggest richest clubs in the world owned by a billionaire - Leicester blew your money excuse out the window

So for you is top 4 your level of ambition ?
So The reason Liverpool haven't won the league since Jesus was a lad is because other teams have bought the league,and now you're upset because Arsenal aren't "buying the league" 🤔

Oh & it's your year this year 👍🏻👍🏻
http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ad-is-his-now-and-is-pleased-with-its-quality

Hope this post is ok with you Paulie 😳

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ah good to see the same old faces are criticising Arsenal for the same old things again lol, like a broken record this thread. Everyone knows the "arsenal approach" but also knows better, despite their club potentially having far bigger issues based on last season! Or is it just easier to discuss Arsenals failings than other clubs?

Just out of curiosity, why is it just Arsenal that bottled it last season? I keep reading that Arsenal bottled it? How? They werent the best team, Leicester were, but in comparison to the so called other big clubs, how were Arsenal the ones that bottled it? What happened to Chelsea, City, United, Liverpool and Spurs that meant it was Arsenal and not them that bottled it?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Ah good to see the same old faces are criticising Arsenal for the same old things again lol, like a broken record this thread. Everyone knows the "arsenal approach" but also knows better, despite their club potentially having far bigger issues based on last season! Or is it just easier to discuss Arsenals failings than other clubs?

Just out of curiosity, why is it just Arsenal that bottled it last season? I keep reading that Arsenal bottled it? How? They werent the best team, Leicester were, but in comparison to the so called other big clubs, how were Arsenal the ones that bottled it? What happened to Chelsea, City, United, Liverpool and Spurs that meant it was Arsenal and not them that bottled it?

The reason i say arsenal bottled it, is because quite frequently i've heard their fans blame the money clubs for their lack of titles. Well that wasnt valid last season. Spurs and liverpool arent title contenders so blew nothing.

Where as UTD, chelsea and city had stinkers. I'd still expect all three of those to win the league again before arsenal do under Wenger.

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Chelsea never bottled it,we were just rubbish.
Spurs were the big bottles.

Fish

Banned
Visit site

We were never in a position to get the top off the bottle.

D

Deleted member 15344

Yes Liverpool bottled - they weren't good enough and the manager lost his job early because they weren't good enough. The manager didn't meet the expectations of the fans or owners and lost his job because of it. We got a new manager in who has shown signs of being able to take us forward and it will be interesting to see how he does.

The club aren't afraid to make a change when it's not working out

Werent Arsenal at one stage 6 points clear and on top at Xmas but then failed to move forward during Feb - with a team a good deal better than Leicesters. The other teams that fell below expectations have made changes - new managers , spending money to get new players into the team - to try and move forward

Or are Arsenal and their fans happy with not winning the league or CL and just getting into the Top 4 each year - is that the level of expectation and ambition for a club the size of Arsenal

Quite happy to discuss Liverpools failing over the years - but at least the club are happy to try something different

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Yes Liverpool bottled - they weren't good enough and the manager lost his job early because they weren't good enough. The manager didn't meet the expectations of the fans or owners and lost his job because of it. We got a new manager in who has shown signs of being able to take us forward and it will be interesting to see how he does.

Werent Arsenal at one stage 6 points clear and on top at Xmas but then failed to move forward during Feb - with a team a good deal better than Leicesters. The other teams that fell below expectations have made changes - new managers , spending money to get new players into the team - to try and move forward

Or are Arsenal and their fans happy with not winning the league or CL and just getting into the Top 4 each year - is that the level of expectation and ambition for a club the size of Arsenal

Quite happy to discuss Liverpools failing over the years - but at least the club are happy to try something different

Try something different??
Or keep on buying bang average players from the likes of Southampton & Newcastle🤔
With the massive Tv money why not go out & buy some proper quality?

It's ok to criticise others,but don't try & paint everything Rosie for your own failing club.
That was my point earlier,sadly the village idiot missed that🙈.

D

Deleted member 1740

We never bottled it, we weren't good enough. Though the timing of a change of manager didn't help, it should've been last summer.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wenger does a great job as a buinsinessman. As a football manager, i'd argue he's doing quite a poor job. Last year was a bottle job. The title was yours to win. Yet you scored how many points?

You do the same each season. You arent good enough to get to 80 points and how often is the league won with that few points.

I'd predict you'll get another 75-77 points, where you finish will depend more on your opponents than you. They play well and youll finish outside top 4. they do badly and you may squeak second.

Sorry but that is just ridiculous.

Presumably Arsenal were fortunate in the other 17 previous occasions finishing top 4 , lucky for us that the competition didn't play well?!

38 match season , you deserve where you end up whether your competitors lose games at the beginning, middle or end of the season.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com

Presumably Arsenal were fortunate in the other 17 previous occasions finishing top 4 , lucky for us that the competition didn't play well?!

38 match season , you deserve where you end up whether your competitors lose games at the beginning, middle or end of the season.

Just put it with the other ridiculous derogatory comments about Arsene there have been many on here over the years.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

How was it ridicuous, which bit was fictitious?
Did you fluff your lines? YES
Did you again score less than 80? YES

Finishing top 4 doesnt matter! In history, if in 30 years you look back at 30 years in the CL and a few FA cups and conclude thats a success then I'd much rather support my mid table team and dream.
Winning the league, which was my point is what matters. You will finish wherever a high 70's point total dictates. Same as the last decade.

D

Deleted member 15344

Just reading through the friendly match updates and they were saying that currently Chelsea have 58 players on their books ! Currently 14 on loan leaving 44 in their squad

Status
Not open for further replies.