And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1740

Our new keeper has broken his hand and will be out for up to 10 weeks, we'll have got suffer Mingolet for the 1st 10 games of the new season :angry:

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Say what you want about Higuain's price tag, but the man is a goalscorer.

Real Madrid: 107 goals in 190 games
Napoli: 71 goals in 104 games

Serious goal ratio and had a superb season last season. Not many guys featured in EA's Team of the Week on FIFA 16 more than Higuain. If you know anything about FIFA Ultimate Team - Higuain has 10 different cards this year, just insane. Ignoring the fees they're going for, if you asked me who I'd pay more money for - Higuain or Pogba, it'd be Higuain all day. He's awesome.

I agree he certainly knows where the goal is and for the past 5 years he would have been well worthy of that 75Mil price tag. Just not sure about the next 5 years that's all.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I agree he certainly knows where the goal is and for the past 5 years he would have been well worthy of that 75Mil price tag. Just not sure about the next 5 years that's all.

Serious question,where do you see Arsenal finishing without any more major signings?
I'll say 2nd at the very best.
And that's if other teams under perform like last season.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Serious question,where do you see Arsenal finishing without any more major signings?
I'll say 2nd at the very best.
And that's if other teams under perform like last season.

Honestly think 2nd at worst.

Best team bar Leicester last season and I can't see them winning it again.

Lots of manager change with other teams at the top and its not guaranteed to make those teams better in the first season. Might take a while and there's a lot to be said for continuity. That's why I predict both North London clubs to be up there again scrapping it out at the top.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site

Lots of manager change with other teams at the top and its not guaranteed to make those teams better in the first season. Might take a while and there's a lot to be said for continuity. That's why I predict both North London clubs to be up there again scrapping it out at the top.

Really?
2nd at worst!
With all the major clubs strengthening, whilst Arsenal haven't yet, I see Arsenal 4th at best.
What do other Arsenal supporters think ....................... honestly?

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Really?
2nd at worst!
With all the major clubs strengthening, whilst Arsenal haven't yet, I see Arsenal 4th at best.
What do other Arsenal supporters think ....................... honestly?

More than one way to strengthen a team Slime. It's not all about buying the worlds most expensive player you know.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

You were gifted second, in a poor season. Above you, The two Mancs plus a maturing Spurs at the very least. I wouldn't be surprised to see you slip to 6th.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
You were gifted second, in a poor season. Above you, The two Mancs plus a maturing Spurs at the very least. I wouldn't be surprised to see you slip to 6th.

Wouldn't that be nice.

Your right Bri, they were gifted 2nd due to an array of poor performances from teams that the owners simply won't allow to happen again! But the blinkers won't allow that to be seen or accepted, no more points or better stats than previous seasons so 4th at best for me but could slip lower due to other teams that have been pushing into that top 6 arena over a few years strengthening more than Arsenal.

Same old same old for me from the gurners with the exception of last season which wasn't their doing....

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Only time will tell,should be a cracking season 👍🏻

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I totally agree, but what have Arsenal done to strengthen?

You'll have to ask Wenger. I'm sure that he will want to change certain things from last season not so much in personnel but how we play, formation, strategy etc.

Another season with the same group of players cannot hurt either. Some young players breaking through, fit again Wilshere and Cazorla. Xhaka looks a decent signing.....

Doesn't worry me, people on here writing off Arsenal before anyone has kicked a ball.

D

Deleted member 15344

You'll have to ask Wenger. I'm sure that he will want to change certain things from last season not so much in personnel but how we play, formation, strategy etc.

Another season with the same group of players cannot hurt either. Some young players breaking through, fit again Wilshere and Cazorla. Xhaka looks a decent signing.....

Doesn't worry me, people on here writing off Arsenal before anyone has kicked a ball.

If he wants to do that then why hasn't he before - it's another summer for Arsenal where teams around look to strengthen and move forward and Arsenal just leave the same old gaps in the team and because of that people expect the same old season as the previous 10

Do you think there will ever be a time for you when you will say enough is enough and its time someone actually looked to move Arsenal forward - or are you happy with top 4 each year and that's it. Do you think with the club charging more for a season ticket than nearly anyone else in European football the fans should expect more ? Telly money gone through the roof this year and teams looking to spend big on players and Arsenal buy another "young potential" - would you like to see them spend the money required for someone like Higuain knowing that he adds a massive extra dimension that Arsenal are crying out for

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Telly money gone through the roof this year and teams looking to spend big on players and Arsenal buy another "young potential" -

Yeah you've only got to look at the World class players that Klopps been splashing the cash on😳😂.
But obviously you're happy and the future looks bright 🙄

Crack on Hall of famer 👍🏻👍🏻

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah you've only got to look at the World class players that Klopps been splashing the cash on.
But obviously you're happy and the future looks bright 

Crack on Hall of famer 

To be fair to Phil, I think he's bang on with his Arsenal appraisal.
Most of their fans must be soooooooooooo confused and deflated.
Splash the cash, take a punt on a proven top player or two and see where the journey takes you.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
To be fair to Phil, I think he's bang on with his Arsenal appraisal.
Most of their fans must be soooooooooooo confused and deflated.
Splash the cash, take a punt on a proven top player or two and see where the journey takes you.
He probably is,but then he'll bang on about how great Liverpools average signings are.
TV money as also gone through the roof for them.
But I'm sure he can put a good spin on it.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
If he wants to do that then why hasn't he before - it's another summer for Arsenal where teams around look to strengthen and move forward and Arsenal just leave the same old gaps in the team and because of that people expect the same old season as the previous 10

Do you think there will ever be a time for you when you will say enough is enough and its time someone actually looked to move Arsenal forward - or are you happy with top 4 each year and that's it. Do you think with the club charging more for a season ticket than nearly anyone else in European football the fans should expect more ? Telly money gone through the roof this year and teams looking to spend big on players and Arsenal buy another "young potential" - would you like to see them spend the money required for someone like Higuain knowing that he adds a massive extra dimension that Arsenal are crying out for

£75M on a 29 yr old that hasn't played a second of PL football does not guarantee a 'massive extra dimension that Arsenal are crying out for'. Do you even know if Higuain ever wanted to leave Italy?

Arsenal second in the league last year and Wenger beat the likes of Klopp, Van Gaal, Hiddink, Pochettino, Pellegrini etc. So not too shabby , where did Liverpool finish again?

Arsenal charge what people are prepared to pay to watch great, exciting , progressive football in the city of London - market forces.

We don't have the same fan base as Utd and we don't have sugar daddies like Chelsea and City. So i know if we are top 4 then we are doing OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.