And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Sorry, my mistake.

I thiught they were a well known team that wasn't willing to pay proper wages and aimed to finish in the Europa league....

That's probably more like it tbh👍🏻
It's ok slating other clubs signings,but when that club have recently signed Ozil & Sanchez,whilst your own team sign Milner,Lellana & Henderson & you big them up it just makes you look stupid & deluded.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
It will no doubt break the pay structure and then open the floodgates for other players to ask for improved contracts or threaten to leave.

And if it doesn't work out? You sell at a huge loss and you have to go again.

Also I don't think Wenger will want players at the club that he had to bring kicking and screaming. If Higuain really fancied Arsenal it might have happened who knows.

higuain has a buyout of 79m. Arsenal need to pay that before you imply that it's higuain not wanting the move or wanting too much.

Re wages, if arsenal want to win trophies and not just be a very profitable business then they need to look at the wages of most of their rivals both home and abroad. They'll soon realise it costs to win.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
So why have Liverpool recently signed 2 players with a combined age of 69 & a player from a team that was relegated?

I'm sure you can put a good spin on it tho Phil 

and selling also, £6m for Brad Smith to Bournemouth, I always though left backs were a good commodity as there aren't a lot of decent one's out there, not sure if it was planned to sell him as they took him away to the states and has played in preseason games, the rest of the prem will be pleased though to carry on facing Moreno :D

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
higuain has a buyout of 79m. Arsenal need to pay that before you imply that it's higuain not wanting the move or wanting too much.

Re wages, if arsenal want to win trophies and not just be a very profitable business then they need to look at the wages of most of their rivals both home and abroad. They'll soon realise it costs to win.

You have to do both you cannot pay wages you cannot afford in the possibility of future success.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
personally think it's a great signing for us mate.
I think his energy and tenacity will mirror Imbula brilliantly.

I'm worried about Arnie now though, seems like he's on the verge of going.

Ah, but that's maybe an informed opinion who watches a player and makes his own mind up, and doesn't just follow what the papers say. :thup:

Joe Allen hasn't been brilliant for us, but has always been steady. However, the "exotic" Joe Allen (of the beard and long hair)was quite an improved player last season, especially from the bench. I don't know why he wasn't given more starts as when he played in an advanced midfield role, mainly as sub, he changed lots of games in our favour.

Also depends on where Hughes wants to play him.

That Imbula looks some player though.

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Ah, but that's maybe an informed opinion who watches a player and makes his own mind up, and doesn't just follow what the papers say. :thup:

Joe Allen hasn't been brilliant for us, but has always been steady. However, the "exotic" Joe Allen (of the beard and long hair)was quite an improved player last season, especially from the bench. I don't know why he wasn't given more starts as when he played in an advanced midfield role, mainly as sub, he changed lots of games in our favour.

Also depends on where Hughes wants to play him.

That Imbula looks some player though.

can't remember what game it was against us whether it was in the league or the cup semi finals but he was immense against us, never gave us any time to settle and play and was 'everywhere'.

I think Hughes will try and put him in as a swap for Whelan but we shall see, not sure what plans he has for him.

Agree on the Imbula side of it though, just needs to adapt to the pace of play and I reckon he'll be different class for us.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
can't remember what game it was against us whether it was in the league or the cup semi finals but he was immense against us, never gave us any time to settle and play and was 'everywhere'.

I think Hughes will try and put him in as a swap for Whelan but we shall see, not sure what plans he has for him.

Agree on the Imbula side of it though, just needs to adapt to the pace of play and I reckon he'll be different class for us.

He's definitely an improvement on Whelan.

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
He's definitely an improvement on Whelan.

I love Whelan, think he's been a brilliant asset since signing for us.
He's disciplined, calm and reliable. Rarely puts a foot wrong and has a brilliant ability to mark players out the game but no doubt Allen is an improvement.

If Arnautovic signs a new contract however it'll be better than any player we sign in this transfer window.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
So maybe the Prem league is going to introduce a winter break,so that'll be another world tour to promote their brand 🙄

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Busiest club in the Prem for transfers is the mighty Boro. However, quantity and quality are two different things. Not sure how such an influx can be good for a club but, equally, I'm looking forward to seeing if it gels. The thing they've really lacked for two seasons is a goal scorer.

Nugent joined in January but spent a lot of time bench warming yet still accrued 8 goals. Rhodes didn't have the best of starts since arriving in Jan, and Stuani the top goal scorer could go missing for weeks at a time. Just hope Negredo adds that firepower we've been missing.

Mind you, its an easy opener in Stoke up at Middlesbrough.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.