And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1740

Hardly in the same league as the Rooney version but a goal four minutes into your debut with an effort like that isn't a bad start

Can he do it on a cold and wet Wednesday night At The Britannia though :whistle:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Ah good to see the same old faces are criticising Arsenal for the same old things again lol, like a broken record this thread. Everyone knows the "arsenal approach" but also knows better, despite their club potentially having far bigger issues based on last season! Or is it just easier to discuss Arsenals failings than other clubs?

Just out of curiosity, why is it just Arsenal that bottled it last season? I keep reading that Arsenal bottled it? How? They werent the best team, Leicester were, but in comparison to the so called other big clubs, how were Arsenal the ones that bottled it? What happened to Chelsea, City, United, Liverpool and Spurs that meant it was Arsenal and not them that bottled it?

Chelsea were absolutely dire last season, the worst they've been in the last 20 years if not longer. Yet despite that, I do seem to remember them taking 6 points off Arsenal.

Royally rogered by City at the Etihad, with only Begovic stopping a cricket score, beaten at home by Palace and then away at Everton was the run into the home fixture where the worst Chelsea team in living memory turned you over 2 - 0; home draws against the mighty West Brom and Everton, the latter with a questionable injury time equaliser, before turning you over at your place.

I'm sorry but if you seriously consider yourself title contenders you should have put us to the sword in both of those games, but you bottled it both times. 6 of the 10 points you were behind Leicester right there.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
Chelsea were absolutely dire last season, the worst they've been in the last 20 years if not longer. Yet despite that, I do seem to remember them taking 6 points off Arsenal.

Royally rogered by City at the Etihad, with only Begovic stopping a cricket score, beaten at home by Palace and then away at Everton was the run into the home fixture where the worst Chelsea team in living memory turned you over 2 - 0; home draws against the mighty West Brom and Everton, the latter with a questionable injury time equaliser, before turning you over at your place.

I'm sorry but if you seriously consider yourself title contenders you should have put us to the sword in both of those games, but you bottled it both times. 6 of the 10 points you were behind Leicester right there.

The ref gave you the first game

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Hat trick for Lampard yesterday in the MLS.
At today's prices how much would he be worth in his prime?
£80m minimum

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Same old crap on here I see.

If lpoolphil has a good point, turn it back on the team he supports.

pinseeker having one way arguments with people who can't see his rubbish, picks his fights doesn't he.

fish, the enemy of my...........you have nothing in common with pinseeker, except a mutual hatred,don't align yourself with him mate.:thup:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
The ref gave you the first game

Same ref that didn't give us 2 stonewall penalties? Same ref that you'd have praised to the roof had the snide kick out been by Costa on Gabriel rather than the other way round and he'd spotted it? Your lot bottled it & lost their heads, end of.

How were you robbed of the second game, or did you just bottle that as well?

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Same old crap on here I see.

If lpoolphil has a good point, turn it back on the team he supports.

pinseeker having one way arguments with people who can't see his rubbish, picks his fights doesn't he.

fish, the enemy of my...........you have nothing in common with pinseeker, except a mutual hatred,don't align yourself with him mate.:thup:

Stick to cleaning windows lad
image.jpg

I'm slightly disappointed that you didn't add your usual hilarious line at the end of this post ;)

#residentfunnyman :rofl:

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
Same ref that didn't give us 2 stonewall penalties? Same ref that you'd have praised to the roof had the snide kick out been by Costa on Gabriel rather than the other way round and he'd spotted it? Your lot bottled it & lost their heads, end of.

How were you robbed of the second game, or did you just bottle that as well?

If that is true why was Gabriels red card recinded and why did Costa receive a ban, because the referee sent off the wrong player.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Chelsea looking to re-sign Lukaku and Everton asking for around £75M

Good bit of business there by Chelsea who sold him a couple of years ago for £28M ;-)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not quite as good as Man Utd and Pogba but still funny.

I have an image of the top bods at Everton sat laughing around the phone, making up numbers. "They've offered £50m", "Ask for £75m, go on, it will be funny". Cue sniggering and school boy laughter. Everton can't lose. If Lukaku stays he will get us 20-25 goals. If we sell him for £60-£70m we can buy a number of players with that. We just have to buy intelligently.

Status
Not open for further replies.