And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Maybe read the whole of my post to see why I don't really care and had imo more important things on my mind - I do apologies for not commenting though so that you could satisfy your clear obsession about what Liverpool fans think- I'll adjust my priorities for you

Everton won yesterday didnt they ? Yet you're more interested in the Liverpool match - must be a bit embarrassed. You are as bad as the Barnsley fan so can be treated the same - ignored

Bet you'd have found the time if Arsenal had lost tho Phillip ;)

And from one armchair fan to another,congrats on your news :thup:

D

Deleted member 1740

I saw the highlights on MOTD, same old shocking defending for the goals.

A nice bit of play for our 2nd goal though.

D

Deleted member 15344

I'm talking about players that force moves away for money, play one club off against the other for the biggest deal, down tools, etc.

If that's what an incoming player is up to then it's probably best to walk away. Chances are they will be doing to your club a year or two later.

I can't honestly remember a time where Wenger has signed someone under such circumstances. It's obviously important for a player to show desire to sign for you when money isn't the no.1 reason.

As you mentioned him, Campbell spent 10 years at Spurs. He is exactly the type of character you want at your club.

I don't see many people queuing up to buy Payet , maybe his antics have put a lot of suitors off. Wenger says that he thinks Payet is great player but doesn't have a need. Reading between the lines I don't think that he wants the baggage to be honest.

By the way this isn't all about Arsenal and Wenger , I think a lot of clubs and managers will think the same way.

The amount of players that "force" moves away for money doing tools are prob very slim

When Tevez downed tools it's because he wanted to go back to South America

Payet wants to go back to France - he already got a load of money out of West Ham

Berahino is another who wanted to move to a club he thought was a step up

How many can you think of forcing a move based purely on money ?

D

Deleted member 16999

Maybe read the whole of my post to see why I don't really care and had imo more important things on my mind - I do apologies for not commenting though so that you could satisfy your clear obsession about what Liverpool fans think- I'll adjust my priorities for you

Everton won yesterday didnt they ? Yet you're more interested in the Liverpool match - must be a bit embarrassed. You are as bad as the Barnsley fan so can be treated the same - ignored
:thup: maybe if you didn't call people doorknobs they wouldn't react, banter goes both ways.
And as for priorities, you take time out to reply to me, but don't have the manners and good grace to thank people who offer you congratulations on the baby.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I'm talking about players that force moves away for money, play one club off against the other for the biggest deal, down tools, etc.

If that's what an incoming player is up to then it's probably best to walk away. Chances are they will be doing to your club a year or two later.

I can't honestly remember a time where Wenger has signed someone under such circumstances. It's obviously important for a player to show desire to sign for you when money isn't the no.1 reason.

As you mentioned him, Campbell spent 10 years at Spurs. He is exactly the type of character you want at your club.

I don't see many people queuing up to buy Payet , maybe his antics have put a lot of suitors off. Wenger says that he thinks Payet is great player but doesn't have a need. Reading between the lines I don't think that he wants the baggage to be honest.

By the way this isn't all about Arsenal and Wenger , I think a lot of clubs and managers will think the same way.

Thats all valid points. But it's a little different from the original point. It started with you not wanting to pay the money. Now it's for player status only after money and trouble.

I agree players like payet are trouble, but plenty have turned you down and I'm sure others may have offered more money, but it wasn't like they held you to ransom. Kante for one, he may have wanted 20k a week more than you wanted to pay. But long gone are the days when a player will choose Arsenal (or many others) for just the prestige and honour of paying for you. The players that do that are 16-20 and right ones you've been signing in that range haven't cut it.

Your best two players have cost you £40m plus. That's what needs to be paid nowadays for game changers. Granted all clubs will do well with a few cheaper options. But imo, if you want to win then you have to spend. That or you want for your perfect storm (leciester).

D

Deleted member 1740

:thup: maybe if you didn't call people doorknobs they wouldn't react, banter goes both ways.
And as for priorities, you take time out to reply to me, but don't have the manners and good grace to thank people who offer you congratulations on the baby.

He can't see them, you're all on ignore :rofl:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
The amount of players that "force" moves away for money doing tools are prob very slim

When Tevez downed tools it's because he wanted to go back to South America

Payet wants to go back to France - he already got a load of money out of West Ham

Berahino is another who wanted to move to a club he thought was a step up

How many can you think of forcing a move based purely on money ?

Fonte 😤😤

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
He is still behaving like a man-child. have a proper moan like an adult.

Unfortunately, after the first ten games he was asked if he could go unbeaten all season. His memorable FFS response was typical Manc bless him. Some of the questions he has been asked by reporters have bordered on ludicrous, only matched by some of the refs we have had week after week. Once more, yesterday's fantastic game (for the neutral ) was overshadowed by that prat in black. I want to talk about de Bruynes mom performance, Jesus, and all the other highlights of a good game. But last night I went to bed asking why a linesman who flagged for a block on Aguero which resulted in a yellow ( which was not on MOTD) was the same linesman who did not see a push on Sterling which according to Shearer was a stonewall red and penalty.
City have dished out some horrendous challenges this season, some of them Bourne out of frustration from dire referee performances and been rightly punished. But a bit of equality would not go a miss.
City have had a bum deal with refs this year, which is why Sagna got his little fine last week for his " played v 12" Twitter remark a couple of weeks ago. It has got under Peps skin and the reporters know that. So what is the first question BBC ask him. Not his opinion on a fantastic game, but one on the penalty that was not that brought out the man child strop.

Tashyboy

Visit site
First post on here since half time last sunday, really took your time to get over it :rofl:

Sometimes you have gotta just bite your lip, otherwise it could mean an infraction when they have put in a performance like that. Thanks for reminding me am off on another pep strop now.😟

Tashyboy

Visit site
Apologies Pete I should have been here after the match with my thoughts instead of taking my lovely pregnant wife to a 4d scan to confirm the sex of our baby - I'll ensure I get my priorities right to satisfy the small number of doorknobs who were clearly looking for ways to get a reaction.

I didn't watch the game so no idea what happened so will wait until I watch a replay sometime tomorrow

Congrats on the little un/uns coming Phil, what is Missis LP carrying a Phil or Phillipa.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Unfortunately, after the first ten games he was asked if he could go unbeaten all season. His memorable FFS response was typical Manc bless him. Some of the questions he has been asked by reporters have bordered on ludicrous, only matched by some of the refs we have had week after week. Once more, yesterday's fantastic game (for the neutral ) was overshadowed by that prat in black. I want to talk about de Bruynes mom performance, Jesus, and all the other highlights of a good game. But last night I went to bed asking why a linesman who flagged for a block on Aguero which resulted in a yellow ( which was not on MOTD) was the same linesman who did not see a push on Sterling which according to Shearer was a stonewall red and penalty.
City have dished out some horrendous challenges this season, some of them Bourne out of frustration from dire referee performances and been rightly punished. But a bit of equality would not go a miss.
City have had a bum deal with refs this year, which is why Sagna got his little fine last week for his " played v 12" Twitter remark a couple of weeks ago. It has got under Peps skin and the reporters know that. So what is the first question BBC ask him. Not his opinion on a fantastic game, but one on the penalty that was not that brought out the man child strop.
To be fair the reporter did say he only asked him this because when the cameras cut to Pep he was actually watching that incident on the monitor.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thats all valid points. But it's a little different from the original point. It started with you not wanting to pay the money. Now it's for player status only after money and trouble.

I agree players like payet are trouble, but plenty have turned you down and I'm sure others may have offered more money, but it wasn't like they held you to ransom. Kante for one, he may have wanted 20k a week more than you wanted to pay. But long gone are the days when a player will choose Arsenal (or many others) for just the prestige and honour of paying for you. The players that do that are 16-20 and right ones you've been signing in that range haven't cut it.

Your best two players have cost you £40m plus. That's what needs to be paid nowadays for game chan<script id="gpt-impl-0.7035134781782679" src="https://securepubads.g.doubleclick.net/gpt/pubads_impl_108.js"></script>gers. Granted all clubs will do well with a few cheaper options. But imo, if you want to win then you have to spend. That or you want for your perfect storm (leciester).

You don't know that anymore than I do.

When Ozil joined Arsenal it wasn't all about the money. He could have went to PSG for more, instead joined Arsenal for footballing reasons ie personal development, wanting to work with Wenger etc.

Sanchez joined Arsenal instead of Liverpool. Again part of that was wanting to work under Wenger.

I'd much rather be signing players under those conditions rather than to simply pay the most for someone. We probably could have entered a bidding war for Kante but I genuinely believe its not a path we want to go down. If the player doesn't want to come for what Arsenal believe is good money then stuff them. People keep saying that we have large wage bill so its not like we don't pay players well for their services, its just that some want to take the pish (as Fish would put it).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16999

Arsenal playing some lovely football, but possibly over playing at times, if they get one soon I can see them getting two or three, if they don't the nerves are going to rise!

Status
Not open for further replies.