And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I don't think anyone that knows the first thing about football can honestly say that Arsenal and Arsene are massively failing.

Also we are spending more now than ever before and if that's still not enough for some players and agents then tough. Chances are they're not the sort of characters we want associated with the club any way.

I meant massively failing in giving and/or using all their available financial resources.:thup:

D

Deleted member 15344

I'd just taken him out last night.:(

Apparently, if we dont type out our match reports on Liverpool defeats within an hour of the final whistle, we've somehow failed in our duty.

Maybe armchair fans dont realise that getting home from a 52 k sell out can take a bit of time, or we may go for a pint afterwards.......

Apologies Pete I should have been here after the match with my thoughts instead of taking my lovely pregnant wife to a 4d scan to confirm the sex of our baby - I'll ensure I get my priorities right to satisfy the small number of doorknobs who were clearly looking for ways to get a reaction.

I didn't watch the game so no idea what happened so will wait until I watch a replay sometime tomorrow

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Apologies Pete I should have been here after the match with my thoughts instead of taking my lovely pregnant wife to a 4d scan to confirm the sex of our baby - I'll ensure I get my priorities right to satisfy the small number of doorknobs who were clearly looking for ways to get a reaction.

I didn't watch the game so no idea what happened so will wait until I watch a replay sometime tomorrow

We all look forward to your opinion Phil 👍🏻

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I don't think anyone that knows the first thing about football can honestly say that Arsenal and Arsene are massively failing.

Also we are spending more now than ever before and if that's still not enough for some players and agents then tough. Chances are they're not the sort of characters we want associated with the club any way.

What sort of characters are good enough for Arsenal then?

when you were winning things character was never mentioned, if it was that important would the likes of Merson or Adams would never of got a game. They're hardly players setting good examples.

Or or maybe you mean dirty players like viera or pires one a nasty but excellent player, and one a constant diver?

or do you just mean a player that chooses a club without showing any loyalty? I guess good old Sol would fit that description?

if a player chooses a different club other Arsenal I'd suggest the character trait they are usually showing is ambition. Nothing more.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Shame on you Phil.

20 years ago, the husband would have put the wife on the bus, gone the pub, and maybe asked her how she got on 3 days later.:)

We should know better, big clubs never get ignored.;)

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Shame on you Phil.

20 years ago, the husband would have put the wife on the bus, gone the pub, and maybe asked her how she got on 3 days later.:)

We should know better, big clubs never get ignored.;)

Genuine question, does Liverpool have just the one bus company or two? My mum used to always make us wait for the red buses (blue ones went funny routes)!

joing aside, do you think you need a striker? I know firminio got a double, but to me when the game was close and Swansea seemed happy for the draw, much like against us in cup. You seemed to lack someone in the box. Countless times you went down the wings and got crosses in, but let's be honest, coutinho and lallana aren't gonna win to many headers.

congrats btw Phil!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16999

Well ave just got back from a stonking game at City. I was talking about the game all the way back from Manchester and singing the refs praises. How he had such a good game etc etc. Just watched Match of the day, and yup City have had another **** running around in Black pretending to be a referee.
This year I have seen some of the worst referees performances I can remember. Complete and utter Rammel the lot of them.

On a positive Mr Gabriel Jesus looks special.
First post on here since half time last sunday, really took your time to get over it :rofl:

D

Deleted member 16999

I'd just taken him out last night.:(

Apparently, if we dont type out our match reports on Liverpool defeats within an hour of the final whistle, we've somehow failed in our duty.

Maybe armchair fans dont realise that getting home from a 52 k sell out can take a bit of time, or we may go for a pint afterwards.......
Goes both ways though, some of yous have no issues logging on and giving others stick within an hour of games finishing when their team loses :ears:

8 hours to get home, helluva pint or is that back to Devon and Scandinavia :whoo:

D

Deleted member 15344

You've relied on social media and internet before to make comments, why the need to watch this one?

Maybe read the whole of my post to see why I don't really care and had imo more important things on my mind - I do apologies for not commenting though so that you could satisfy your clear obsession about what Liverpool fans think- I'll adjust my priorities for you

Everton won yesterday didnt they ? Yet you're more interested in the Liverpool match - must be a bit embarrassed. You are as bad as the Barnsley fan so can be treated the same - ignored

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
What sort of characters are good enough for Arsenal then?

when you were winning things character was never mentioned, if it was that important would the likes of Merson or Adams would never of got a game. They're hardly players setting good examples.

Or or maybe you mean dirty players like viera or pires one a nasty but excellent player, and one a constant diver?

or do you just mean a player that chooses a club without showing any loyalty? I guess good old Sol would fit that description?

if a player chooses a different club other Arsenal I'd suggest the character trait they are usually showing is ambition. Nothing more.

I'm talking about players that force moves away for money, play one club off against the other for the biggest deal, down tools, etc.

If that's what an incoming player is up to then it's probably best to walk away. Chances are they will be doing to your club a year or two later.

I can't honestly remember a time where Wenger has signed someone under such circumstances. It's obviously important for a player to show desire to sign for you when money isn't the no.1 reason.

As you mentioned him, Campbell spent 10 years at Spurs. He is exactly the type of character you want at your club.

I don't see many people queuing up to buy Payet , maybe his antics have put a lot of suitors off. Wenger says that he thinks Payet is great player but doesn't have a need. Reading between the lines I don't think that he wants the baggage to be honest.

By the way this isn't all about Arsenal and Wenger , I think a lot of clubs and managers will think the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.