And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just when i thought this thread couldn't get worse than LP's Arsenal obsession being regurgitated for about the thousandth time :rolleyes:

Poor result for Liverpool but Utd, City and Spurs all only getting a point each means it could have been worse for them.

Haven't seen any games today, bad defending by Liverpool? They seem to be pretty similar to the Rodgers team that went close to the title, scoring loads but poor at the back and prone to losing the odd game "they shouldn't on paper"? Sure there'll be more to it but how it looks from the outside looking in.....

Good to see that Rooney hasn't delivered on his potential breaking 50 year old records for club and country, the English press do make me laugh :whistle:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
D) Arsenal pay footballers very well but they act responsibly and are protective over the clubs future. Theres a pay structure in place and spending has increased significantly on playing staff in recent years and will continue for years to come. But there is a limit and the club is not prepared to cross the line so to put the future of the club in jeopardy.

If for example Arsenal offer Sanchez £250K a week and he is offered £300K somewhere else then let him go. If that's archaic then so be it, it's not the sort of characters we would want at the club anyway. (not saying Sanchez is BTW) Infact with Arsenal acting that way it will help deter others who are obsessed and preoccupied with money from joining the club. We might miss out on a few really good players but so what, we'll survive.

Liverpool have spending limits too and you're doing OK at the minute. However, would you want Klopp to overstretch Liverpools finances to keep Coutinho and other stars even if that meant putting the club at risk? I'm not sure that you would.

Some good points, I'll give you that.

However, I would expect our owners to give the manager 90% of the available cash reserves for squad/team strengthening, if desired. I would also expect the manager to use this money, if he feels he needs it. I think Arsenal and Arsend massively fail on these two points.

For fairness, I dont think our current owners are backing him and his predecessor enough. I also think Klopp is overestimating his ability to coach/develop our current crop, and he has to look to the transfer market to improve us defensively. Unless Karius impresses on his next run of games , we will need a keeper. We should have gone and got Van Dijk, and also need another 2-3 players to flesh out our squad, especially if we did get CL next season.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I never went today or saw the game but the result was disappointing.

The highlight for me, I had Firmino captain in my fantasy side.

I'd just taken him out last night.:(

Apparently, if we dont type out our match reports on Liverpool defeats within an hour of the final whistle, we've somehow failed in our duty.

Maybe armchair fans dont realise that getting home from a 52 k sell out can take a bit of time, or we may go for a pint afterwards.......

Last edited:

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I'd just taken him out last night.:(

Apparently, if we dont type out our match reports on Liverpool defeats within an hour of the final whistle, we've somehow failed in our duty.

Maybe armchair fans dont realise that getting home from a 52 k sell out can take a bit of time, or we may go for a pint afterwards.......

Spot on Sinbad & maybe the armchair Liverpool fans forget their login details after a defeat 😂.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Well ave just got back from a stonking game at City. I was talking about the game all the way back from Manchester and singing the refs praises. How he had such a good game etc etc. Just watched Match of the day, and yup City have had another **** running around in Black pretending to be a referee.
This year I have seen some of the worst referees performances I can remember. Complete and utter Rammel the lot of them.

On a positive Mr Gabriel Jesus looks special.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Some good points, I'll give you that.

However, I would expect our owners to give the manager 90% of the available cash reserves for squad/team strengthening, if desired. I would also expect the manager to use this money, if he feels he needs it. I think Arsenal and Arsend massively fail on these two points.

For fairness, I dont think our current owners are backing him and his predecessor enough. I also think Klopp is overestimating his ability to coach/develop our current crop, and he has to look to the transfer market to improve us defensively. Unless Karius impresses on his next run of games , we will need a keeper. We should have gone and got Van Dijk, and also need another 2-3 players to flesh out our squad, especially if we did get CL next season.

I don't think anyone that knows the first thing about football can honestly say that Arsenal and Arsene are massively failing.

Also we are spending more now than ever before and if that's still not enough for some players and agents then tough. Chances are they're not the sort of characters we want associated with the club any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.