And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Well it's either that or lose him for nothing in the summer

Id have happily seen him go to Utd as was rumoured. He'd have gone with my blessing, but he's been all over instagram with his love for the club blah blah blah. Then refuses to sign a deal. So it's obviosuly about money and not ambition. We aren't having a great season, but neither are West Ham. He's secured his final pay check and good luck to him, but he won't be welcomed back now by many (not that he'll care).

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fonte to West Ham.

i try to defend most of our sales as usually it's a youngster going to a massive club. But what the hell? After all his talk of ambition it's clearly for ££££!

Its almost always about the money.

Costa was leaving Chelsea for China last week. Then the Chinese transfer rules changed and the deal fell through. Guess what? he loves Chelsea again.

Sanchez and Ozil are also probably considering big money moves away from Arsenal hence delay in signing new contracts.

Payet as well at West Ham.

Greed, it's the scourge of modern football.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

Costa was leaving Chelsea for China last week. Then the Chinese transfer rules changed and the deal fell through. Guess what? he loves Chelsea again.

Sanchez and Ozil are also probably considering big money moves away from Arsenal hence delay in signing new contracts.

I agree it plays a massive part.

As a lesser club im used to players leaving. Some disappoint and some can be understood. Some (like this) leave a bitter taste.

D

Deleted member 15344

Do you not consider another reason why Sanchez and Ozil could be looking to move on ?

Costa wasn't actually leaving but had been approached and don't expect any deal was actually happening

Payet isn't looking to leave West Ham for money - just wants to go back to Marseille

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Do you not consider another reason why Sanchez and Ozil could be looking to move on ?

Costa wasn't actually leaving but had been approached and don't expect any deal was actually happening

Payet isn't looking to leave West Ham for money - just wants to go back to Marseille

I reckon if Barca or Utd made an offer Payet may change his mind.
He's still going about it the wrong way, as did Costa.

Ozil and Sanchez have both been at the top level (Barca and Madrid) and found themselves surplus. I reckon if Arsenal look remotely like winning something and get offered the right new contract, they'd be happy to stay and stay in the safe Arsenal bubble.

Fish

Banned
Visit site

God you make some crap up, there was no deal to fall through so any change in Chinese rules meant nothing! There's a huge difference between an unauthorised announcement of wanting a player for a certain amount of money and actual approved talks taking place, do you know the difference or do you only read the Metro garbage.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

Costa yes but all the others no.

Sanchez wants to play with better players for the chance to win trophies and I believe Ozil wanted assurances on Wengers future.

Payet also wants to play in a better team wether that brings a transfer and more money only time will tell.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Costa yes but all the others no.

Sanchez wants to play with better players for the chance to win trophies and I believe Ozil wanted assurances on Wengers future.

Payet also wants to play in a better team wether that brings a transfer and more money only time will tell.

Oh that old chestnut, I want to leave to win things ( although I haven't heard Sanchez say that) .

Each to their own but I never fall that balloney.

D

Deleted member 15344

Oh that old chestnut, I want to leave to win things ( although I haven't heard Sanchez say that) .

Each to their own but I never fall that balloney.

Yet the players that have left Arsenal have gone on to win the big trophies

Unless you can think of a player who left for more and not winning trophies ? Just look at the players that have left Arsenal and the trophies they have won

You don't want to fall for it because the reality may make you realise that Arsenal will always struggle to keep their top players unless they start to actually win the leagues and challenge in the CL. That's no different to any club with top players - it's why we have lost players and why we will lose players like Coutinho. You keep going on about money because it gives you a excuse that you believe it's valid - it's not. If players are going to clubs that are winning leagues and getting to the latter stages of the CL then they are leaving to win things - if they go to China etc then it's for the money

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
God you make some crap up, there was no deal to fall through so any change in Chinese rules meant nothing! There's a huge difference between an unauthorised announcement of wanting a player for a certain amount of money and actual approved talks taking place, do you know the difference or do you only read the Metro garbage.

You must have felt there was a likelihood of it happening though surely.

You were all ready for him to leave as long as the money was spent well.....

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yet the players that have left Arsenal have gone on to win the big trophies

Unless you can think of a player who left for more and not winning trophies ? Just look at the players that have left Arsenal and the trophies they have won

You don't want to fall for it because the reality may make you realise that Arsenal will always struggle to keep their top players unless they start to actually win the leagues and challenge in the CL. That's no different to any club with top players - it's why we have lost players and why we will lose players like Coutinho. You keep going on about money because it gives you a excuse that you believe it's valid - it's not. If players are going to clubs that are winning leagues and getting to the latter stages of the CL then they are leaving to win things - if they go to China etc then it's for the money

Can you think of a player that left Arsenal for less money to pursue silverware elsewhere?

I rest my case.

D

Deleted member 15344

Can you think of a player that left Arsenal for less money to pursue silverware elsewhere?

I rest my case.
Players very rarely leave a club with a pay drop - that doesn't automatically mean someone is leaving because of money

Players that have left Arsenal and gone onto to win major trophies after winning nothing at Arsenal

Fabregas
Van Persie
Nasri
Clichy
Sagna
Hleb

They have all gone on to win league titles and/or CL - something they weren't getting at Arsenal - or was it just a coincidence that they joined clubs that were winning titles

Expect to add the name of Ozil and Sanchez to be added to that list

Your "case" has major flaws

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site

Haha that's embarrassing. I suppose you expect us to believe Costa had a bad back last week.

You were already spending the transfer fee! And you say that I talk rubbish 😀😀

Your post is the biggest joke that I have read for quite sometime.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Players very rarely leave a club with a pay drop - that doesn't automatically mean someone is leaving because of money

Players that have left Arsenal and gone onto to win major trophies after winning nothing at Arsenal

Fabregas
Van Persie
Nasri
Clichy
Sagna
Hleb

They have all gone on to win league titles and/or CL - something they weren't getting at Arsenal - or was it just a coincidence that they joined clubs that were winning titles

All left for more money.

Who took a pay cut to leave Arsenal and win stuff at other clubs?

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

I rest my case.

Googles good.

Since Arsenal last won silverware 23 ex players have won 56 trophies.

Millionaires don't need more money Sean they want recognition for achievements.

You hardly hear of any player leaving a club for less money unless hes fallen out of favour and needs a move or he hates it at the club he just wants out.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Fabregas
Van Persie
Nasri
Clichy
Sagna
Hleb

But surely this is something you can levy at many clubs, not just Arsenal.

D

Deleted member 15344

All left for more money.

Who took a pay cut to leave Arsenal and win stuff at other clubs?

I don't know the wage packets of each player because that's not on their record page - what is though is their titles and medals they won with the clubs they left Arsenal for

So as I said - when players move clubs at the prime of their career they normally get a pay rise - that doesn't automatically mean they are only leave because of the money on offer

So simple question - did they only leave Arsenal because of money ? Yes or no

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Millionaires don't need more money Sean they want recognition for achievements.

t.

Yep that's exactly why Oscar,Tevez & co are currently in China🤔
And also why Falcou,Cavarni & Ibra opted to ply their trade in the mighty French League 🙄.

Status
Not open for further replies.