And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
How can they speak any earlier than when the squads get announced ? The club won't know what Cameroons intentions are until they announced the squads. They know the players intentions , they know he hasn't played for Cameroon for 18 months and not been picked in that period so why would they need to speak to FIFA ?

Once that is done then they can approach FIFA - remember Matip wasn't included in the 21 Squad - then Liverpool can seek clarification from FIFA and that's what they have been trying to do for weeks now .

But if a player doesn't want to be eligible that could have been sorted out at anytime before.

D

Deleted member 16999

How can they speak any earlier than when the squads get announced ? The club won't know what Cameroons intentions are until they announced the squads. They know the players intentions , they know he hasn't played for Cameroon for 18 months and not been picked in that period so why would they need to speak to FIFA ?

Once that is done then they can approach FIFA - remember Matip wasn't included in the 21 Squad - then Liverpool can seek clarification from FIFA and that's what they have been trying to do for weeks now .
As much as he hadn't played for them he was still being selected by them, and after 4 hours sitting in a hospital at appointment searching for facts rather than smoke and internet rumours, Liverpool believed he had retired when you signed him, but in October he did leave the door open for Cameroon to select him for the ANC with thst interview, Lpool are blameless in this but Matip isn't, he could've simply retired properly and left Cameroon in no doubt he was finished for them, 90% Cameroon, 10% Matip to blame for me.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Irrespective of where the blame lies it does leave Klopp a nasty dilemma. Does he risk it and play him unsure of what action if any Fifa take or does he simply tow the line and leave a good player out when he's fit and ready to play. The issue I guess, if they try and impose a points deduction what does it do for the PL challenge that is still going well and should Chelsea have a couple of slips will be very close

D

Deleted member 1740

As much as he hadn't played for them he was still being selected by them, and after 4 hours sitting in a hospital at appointment searching for facts rather than smoke and internet rumours, Liverpool believed he had retired when you signed him, but in October he did leave the door open for Cameroon to select him for the ANC with thst interview, Lpool are blameless in this but Matip isn't, he could've simply retired properly and left Cameroon in no doubt he was finished for them, 90% Cameroon, 10% Matip to blame for me.

I've not read the whole discussion re Matip but seeing as he wasn't named in the Cameroon squad surely thats the end of it? No?

D

Deleted member 16999

I've not read the whole discussion re Matip but seeing as he wasn't named in the Cameroon squad surely thats the end of it? No?
He was selected for the initial squad when he didn't turn up he was not selected for the final 21, Cameroon are saying he should've reported, and as he was named and fit, then the FIFA rules back Cameroon, I believe from what I've read the disagreement is whether he is/was retired and shouldn't if even been named in the 30 man squad.

D

Deleted member 1740

He was selected for the initial squad when he didn't turn up he was not selected for the final 21, Cameroon are saying he should've reported, and as he was named and fit, then the FIFA rules back Cameroon, I believe from what I've read the disagreement is whether he is/was retired and shouldn't if even been named in the 30 man squad.

He wasn't fit though was he? He missed a few games for us in December.

Regardless, FIFA don't rush anything. We're dealing with an untouchable, unregulated and corrupt organisation.

I'd be more than happy for Klopp to play him tomorrow, it'll force FIFA's hand somewhat. If the worst case scenario happens then we get thrown out of the FA Cup and that will have to be sorted quickly due to 4th round Next Week.

D

Deleted member 16999

He wasn't fit though was he? He missed a few games for us in December.

Regardless, FIFA don't rush anything. We're dealing with an untouchable, unregulated and corrupt organisation.

I'd be more than happy for Klopp to play him tomorrow, it'll force FIFA's hand somewhat. If the worst case scenario happens then we get thrown out of the FA Cup and that will have to be sorted quickly due to 4th round Next Week.
Don't know tbh mate, just see it as a shambles.

D

Deleted member 16999

Unfortunately at the moment it's LPool who have involved FIFA as Cameroon won't give LPool any assurances they won't complain.

I do believe our spineless FA should be acting on your behalf.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
This is Matip we're talking about right?
He's a bang average player,it's not like Liverpools whole season rests on him playing or not.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Maybe I'm not very good at irony!
The referee, in my unbiased opinion, favoured United .................... there, I've said it.
But isn't it generally the norm that the home side benefits from this?
It shouldn't be, but it is.
There will always be exceptions to the rule but, having watched United for decades, I find that they generally benefit from wrong decisions at Old Trafford, but this isn't necessarilly the case when playing away.
Oh, and don't forget, like most supporters, I do find it difficult to be impartial when discussing my own team :thup:.

Can you take your bloody fair-mindedness elsewhere - not wanted on this thread.:D

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Exactly right.

Dear FIFA as we all know the ACN is coming up in a few months time and I have a question about one of our players.......we obviously want to get this sorted now so we all know where we stand should Mr Matip get selected...please let us know soonest as we will all look a bit silly come January otherwise.......many Thanks.

Its not that difficult.:rolleyes:

Rumour has it that Liverpool wrote it on ordinary A4 white paper, and not on £50 notes, which is why they are still awaiting an answer.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Fonte to West Ham.

i try to defend most of our sales as usually it's a youngster going to a massive club. But what the hell? After all his talk of ambition it's clearly for ££££!

D

Deleted member 15344

Fonte to West Ham.

i try to defend most of our sales as usually it's a youngster going to a massive club. But what the hell? After all his talk of ambition it's clearly for ££££!

Well it's either that or lose him for nothing in the summer

Status
Not open for further replies.