And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I didn't mean a mother's meeting , just listen out and think for a second or two before making a decision.

I think Mark Clattenburg does that pretty well. He rarely looks rushed, seems to take his time. His heart may be thumping but he outwardly looks as though he is giving himself time to think.

jp5

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
But when the technology exists to ensure that every descision is correct and the governing body choose not to use it then I think we are entitled to expect parity.

I'm not sure that it's a case of the governing body choosing not to use it - I don't think there's sufficient demand from fans for the technology.

People raise concerns about slowing the game down, spoiling the 'romanticism' of getting decisions for and against you, etc..

Personally I think it could be implemented properly, and though you'll never get all decisions right (even the pundits don't agree!) I think you could eliminate the howlers with minimal impact on the game.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Following on from different posts, there is no doubt there seems to be a big difference in the Refs, some good are judged as awful or biase towards certain teams, some are bad are judged as ok.
Are we being fair to them though? It's a multi billion pound business and for those involved the stakes are huge, should we be giving them more help, whether that's technology or something else I don't know.
It just seems to me at the moment we are expecting them to get every decision right, every single decision.

There are bad decisions and there will always be bad ones, what I hate is cowardice or uneven refereeing.

Yesterday, for me, was a prime example of uneven refereeing. I've already listed them out.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
I'm not sure that it's a case of the governing body choosing not to use it - I don't think there's sufficient demand from fans for the technology.

People raise concerns about slowing the game down, spoiling the 'romanticism' of getting decisions for and against you, etc..

Personally I think it could be implemented properly, and though you'll never get all decisions right (even the pundits don't agree!) I think you could eliminate the howlers with minimal impact on the game.

I agree that the gains to using technology to ensure descisions are mostly correct would soon out way any pains from its use.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I don't think you can stop the play for interventions by a TMO. What you could do is have retrospective inspections of contentious points so that punishments could be given out after the game for those moments such as a player having his elbow touched but goes down holding his face.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
I don't think you can stop the play for interventions by a TMO. What you could do is have retrospective inspections of contentious points so that punishments could be given out after the game for those moments such as a player having his elbow touched but goes down holding his face.

No but goals free kicks etc where there is a natural stop you could ensure the correct decision is given

D

Deleted member 16999

Unless you took points or goals from teams retrospective punishments are useless, ie, what would you do about Man Utd offside goal, take it off them or ban the linesman ?

D

Deleted member 16999

There are bad decisions and there will always be bad ones, what I hate is cowardice or uneven refereeing.

Yesterday, for me, was a prime example of uneven refereeing. I've already listed them out.
Was it a good Ref having a bad day or just a bad Ref? If he's just had a bad day then how to stop it happening again.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Following on from different posts, there is no doubt there seems to be a big difference in the Refs, some good are judged as awful or biase towards certain teams, some are bad are judged as ok.
Are we being fair to them though? It's a multi billion pound business and for those involved the stakes are huge, should we be giving them more help, whether that's technology or something else I don't know.
It just seems to me at the moment we are expecting them to get every decision right, every single decision.

If you run into the crowd the ref should not miss that.

D

Deleted member 16999

If you run into the crowd the ref should not miss that.

The Liverpool fan in you is coming out, did you feel the same when Lovren should've got a 2nd yellow in the Derby when he and Coleman played handbags after Barkley should've been red carded?

D

Deleted member 15344

The Liverpool fan in you is coming out, did you feel the same when Lovren should've got a 2nd yellow in the Derby when he and Coleman played handbags after Barkley should've been red carded?

Why are you going on about games from months back ? Why does his comment make him a Liverpool fan ?

Did Davies go into the crowd - if yes then he scored have been yellow carded don't you agree ?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Whats that got to do with consistency in referees .
simple question should Davies get a yellow for going into the crowd. .Yes Or No

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Someone on here muted the idea from RL and that was to put players on report. Have a white card (for arguments sake) and the referee could give that if he thinks something has gone on but hasn't got a decent view and it's not picked up by the other officials. Surely this could be used in those tackles where it looks iffy but there's an element of doubt and could therefore stop some players walking which would keep the sides equal. Similarly use it for perceived simulation or serious foul play like the chest push yesterday and the player going down holding their face. If there's a case, the FA/PL can give a retrospective red/yellow depending on the severity

D

Deleted member 16999

Whats that got to do with consistency in referees .
simple question should Davies get a yellow for going into the crowd. .Yes Or No
If you took the time to read previous posts you'd see I'd already said he was a lucky lad and should've been booked! Hence why I thought you being a Red was making a point.

Coleman ran 20-25 yds and was booked, him and Lovren who ran 15-20 yds pushing each other, only one was booked, were's the consistencey?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you took the time to read previous posts you'd see I'd already said he was a lucky lad and should've been booked! Hence why I thought you being a Red was making a point.

Coleman ran 20-25 yds and was booked, him and Lovren who ran 15-20 yds pushing each other, only one was booked, were's the consistencey?
You are not a Politician are you as you can't answer yes or no.
I can't see your point we both agree refs are inconsistent
most fans wear red or blue glasses .
the Man U fans thought the ref favoured us
the Liverpool fans think otherwise.
the Coleman booking was the linesman who told the ref.
he can't be looking both ways at once
the linesman yesterday could not see Valencia was offside from 10ft because he got himself in a very poor position.
but there really is no excuse for not seeing a player run into the fans as the game is stopped and most players are booked for it.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It was just yet another ref that is owned by Man United .................... one of so very many, apparently :eek:.

Go on then, give me the Man U version of refs decisions yesterday.

I havent called him a Man U fan BTW, just questioned his uneven decision making for very similar situations. Your version?

Status
Not open for further replies.