And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
As a neutral in this, i enjoyed Klopps interview, and saw his comments about route one footy as a bit of tongue in cheek stirring, rather than as a put down. The game was messy. I would have Pogba cited for dangerous play, as in rugby. Grabbing a player around the neck is dangerous play. Other than that, it was entertaining rubbish. These games never live up to the Sky hype.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Lukaku didn't raise his hands, but what part of I don't think Firmino should've walked do you not get, so was the Firmino only a yellow another bad decision?

Posts 6044 and 6052?

You seem to be asking questions of why Firmino shouldnt have seen red.

Whose writing your scripts, Jekyll or Hyde?

D

Deleted member 1740

I'm not "harping" on about anything, I'm replying to your's and Petes post to me!

Paul, we've had this discussion on numerous occasions mate, even discussing as far back as when Sterling was with us and he done it to a city player after they'd tumbled off the pitch and there was handbags.

The rule doesn't exist.

D

Deleted member 16999

Posts 6044 and 6052?

You seem to be asking questions of why Firmino shouldnt have seen red.

Whose writing your scripts, Jekyll or Hyde?
They were questions in response to moaning about Ref's inconsistencey, I don't know what he was booked for?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
And postS 6007 & 6038.

Overwhelming evidence - take him down.

BTW I thought the Sterling one was a pen. I didnt think so for 2-3 replays until they showed it from behind, but Robles takes both legs, so it was a pen.Nevertheless, great performance by the blues, outside of that.

D

Deleted member 16999

Overwhelming evidence - take him down.

BTW I thought the Sterling one was a pen. I didnt think so for 2-3 replays until they showed it from behind, but Robles takes both legs, so it was a pen.Nevertheless, great performance by the blues, outside of that.
Think you should stop "harping" on :ears:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
How biased is Phil Neville to his old clubs and team mates?

I thought he was bad the other week at OT, but some of the rubbish about Stones, was excellently called out by Shearer.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Only saw highlights on motd but looked some debut by Davies for Everton. Haven't heard of him (don't follow as closely anymore), he been one to watch out for a while?

That Liverpool kit is honking!!

D

Deleted member 16999

Let back in on appeal......

Go on then clarify your view on the Firmino one. Yellow (granted).
The force he used on Herrera might of been seen by some Refs as excessive and therefore Violent Conduct which is a Red, I thought he had took a previous swipe at Herrera, but Phil's link showed it was to break the grip Herrera had on his shirt (Refs don't get replays).
As some were moaning about the Ref, funnily enough social media is also full of Mancs saying he was favouring yous, I asked if in that situation Firmino may of been lucky to just get a yellow.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The force he used on Herrera might of been seen by some Refs as excessive and therefore Violent Conduct which is a Red, I thought he had took a previous swipe at Herrera, but Phil's link showed it was to break the grip Herrera had on his shirt (Refs don't get replays).
As some were moaning about the Ref, funnily enough social media is also full of Mancs saying he was favouring yous, I asked if in that situation Firmino may of been lucky to just get a yellow.

Instead of asking us, tell me your view.

For me not. If it had of been into his face, probably but a push on its own and to the chest is rarely a yellow card in handbags, unless someone tries to make more out of it than what it was (which Herrera did by grabbing his face).

Again, should Lukaku have been sent off then? For me no, but a booking was right.

How could the mancs say he was favouring us?

D

Deleted member 16999

Only saw highlights on motd but looked some debut by Davies for Everton. Haven't heard of him (don't follow as closely anymore), he been one to watch out for a while?

That Liverpool kit is honking!!
Local kid we've had since he was
10, made 9 appearances so far, played for England kids from U14 to U17, got a couple of young lads with potential, still only 18 so lots of time to keep developing.

D

Deleted member 1740

Yellow at most.

Any ref that gives that as violent conduct against any pro footballer needs to be jibbed off.

Common sense is needed where refs are concerned.

D

Deleted member 16999

Instead of asking us, tell me your view.

For me not. If it had of been into his face, probably but a push on its own and to the chest is rarely a yellow card in handbags, unless someone tries to make more out of it than what it was (which Herrera did by grabbing his face).

Again, should Lukaku have been sent off then? For me no, but a booking was right.

How could the mancs say he was favouring us?
Herrera was a disgrace and his play acting could've easily been a red for Firmino, a yellow was right, also answered the Lukaku one last time, he didn't raise his arms and a yellow was fair enough.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Local kid we've had since he was
10, made 9 appearances so far, played for England kids from U14 to U17, got a couple of young lads with potential, still only 18 so lots of time to keep developing.

Cheers, promising start, very calm on the ball from what you get to see in the highlights.

No doubt the papers will have him in the England team tomorrow morning then hammer him if he doesn't score a goal like that every week now!!

D

Deleted member 1740

Are Man U fans having that guff that Mourinho just spoke.

We had our chances at Anfield.........

Liverpool just come to defend......

Absolute rot.

It's the ones who believe him and will spout in work tomorrow as gospel who I feel sorry for.

He's just a European Tony Pulis.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It's the ones who believe him and will spout in work tomorrow as gospel who I feel sorry for.

He's just a European Tony Pulis.

Neville just said that Jose said that they have a small team!!!!

Ibrahimavic, Fellaini, Jones, Pogba, Carrick, Rojo, Darmian, De Gea Martial must all be 6 ft 1 or above all on their own.

The man is that paranoid he's trying to re-write history and facts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.