And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was it Winladjum who had a shot saved in the last minute of extra time , plus a number of counter attacks coming from Liverpool after United got the equaliser - Liverpool will better finishing could have easily snatched it at the end. Believe Henry just said the same in the studio - Utd were still hoofing balls up though

Wijnaldum didn't have much left in the tank if the shot was anything to go by. I've seen firmer back passes than that.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was it Winladjum who had a shot saved in the last minute of extra time , plus a number of counter attacks coming from Liverpool after United got the equaliser - Liverpool will better finishing could have easily snatched it at the end. Believe Henry just said the same in the studio - Utd were still hoofing balls up though

But obviously not looking for a winner ?

D

Deleted member 18588

Obviously with better finishing either side could have snatched it but neither side deserved to.

As for only one team trying to win it at the end you must , in the vernacular, "be having a laugh".

D

Deleted member 15344

Counter Attack - So Liverpool were countering an Attack ??

Ok I'll rephrase what I was meaning which was in response to Sawtooth constant "run out of steam" comment

Liverpool clearly had steam left to still be looking dangerous right up until the final whistle and looking like the team that could sneak the winner with a number of quick breaks in the final 5 mins - whilst Utd where just lumping the ball forward

D

Deleted member 15344

Fair enough. The pogba throwing incident could certainly have handed you the 3 points. off the ball so can and did get away with it.

The offside for the goal was unlucky.

The others are minor gripes.

The tackle from Rooney was far from minor - it was a shocking tackle - could have been a red card if you look at what he booked Lovren for

D

Deleted member 15344

Never a red. You can't upgrade that to red because lovern got a silly yellow. Come on chap.

It's late , it's studs onto the leg - plenty have been shown red for the same sort of tackle. Ref got to at least show consistency- or did the Liverpool players need to surround the ref like the Mancs did ?

D

Deleted member 16999

Has anyone checked on Tashyboy? Heard nowt since the first half of the Everton v City match :rofl: :rofl:

D

Deleted member 16999

It's late , it's studs onto the leg - plenty have been shown red for the same sort of tackle. Ref got to at least show consistency- or did the Liverpool players need to surround the ref like the Mancs did ?
Did you not see your players surround the Ref when Firmino got lucky?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
City were woeful again today and I think if United keep kicking on, and Everton play like today, then Pep will be lucky to get a CL spot. As for the other game, Pogba, how much? Rubbish and I've been less than impressed all season. I thought both sides created chances, and it got a tad feisty, but I don't think some of these tackles were necessarily red cards. When did going in hard go out of fashion. Not a great result for Liverpool and now a three horse race for second in my eyes.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Whether deliberate or not it was a cert penalty

Surely that's the deciding factor in whether it's a penalty or not. If it wasn't deliberate then it shouldn't have been a penalty. I haven't seen it so have no idea if it was deliberate or not but the laws of the game say.......

"A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences:
  • handles the ball deliberately (except for the goalkeeper within their penalty area)
  • HANDLING THE BALL
  • Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with the hand or arm.
  • The following must be considered:
    • the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)
    • the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)
    • the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an infringement"

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Very fair interview from Klippety there, hate to admit he's growing on me as a person ;)

I've always like Klopp (he's not the problem lol)

I've just watched the brilliant clip on Sky of Mourinho and Klopp exchanging words on 90 mins.

It looked to me that Klopp was having a pop at Mourinho for his antics when Firmino pushed Herrera over. Klopp prancing up and down mimicking Mourinho was hilarious.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

I've just watched the brilliant clip on Sky of Mourinho and Klopp exchanging words on 90 mins.

It looked to me that Klopp was having a pop at Mourinho for his antics when Firmino pushed Herrera over. Klopp prancing up and down mimicking Mourinho was hilarious.

I like Klopp too. He's very honest, good bad or indifferent

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
With all this tooing and froing on the last few pages, notice no one has criticised the ref in the early match. Well done that man.

Forget your anger folks, relax and bask in a royal blue glow 😁. (I think we are really cementing 7th place, ha ha)

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
As a United fan here's my take on the game...

Both teams were awful. Yes Pogba was the worst but did ANYONE look worthy of the fixture? Nope, not in my opinion. Yes our goal was offside. Not gonna feel bad. That's football. The penalty was 50/50. By the rules he didn't make any attempt to handle it but it was clumsy as hell.

Neither team deserved anything from that pish. Onwards and hopefully upwards!

Tarkus1212

Challenge Tour Pro
www.johnogauntgolfclub.co.uk
City were woeful again today and I think if United keep kicking on, and Everton play like today, then Pep will be lucky to get a CL spot. As for the other game, Pogba, how much? Rubbish and I've been less than impressed all season. I thought both sides created chances, and it got a tad feisty, but I don't think some of these tackles were necessarily red cards. When did going in hard go out of fashion. Not a great result for Liverpool and now a three horse race for second in my eyes.

What I find really surprising about City is how little fight their appears to be in them. When was the last time they came back from two goals down? They don't appear to have any leadership on or off the pitch.

D

Deleted member 16999

People are mentioning the penalty, defo penalty, arm was in a bad position, great decision.
Totally understand Firmino losing his head, good break on and rightly pissed off, but he clearly went for Herrera, it wasn't 2 players pushing and shoving, so I'm confused why it's not a red, Herrera should count himself lucky it was Firmino trying to slap and not someone giving him a right hook, I think that's what Jose was asking and Klippetty mimicking.

D

Deleted member 16999

What I find really surprising about City is how little fight their appears to be in them. When was the last time they came back from two goals down? They don't appear to have any leadership on or off the pitch.
Tbf, until our 2nd I thought they were the much better team, but in certain games could do with a proper No 9, sometimes they have 3 or 4 going forward and overplay.

D

Deleted member 15344

People are mentioning the penalty, defo penalty, arm was in a bad position, great decision.
Totally understand Firmino losing his head, good break on and rightly pissed off, but he clearly went for Herrera, it wasn't 2 players pushing and shoving, so I'm confused why it's not a red, Herrera should count himself lucky it was Firmino trying to slap and not someone giving him a right hook, I think that's what Jose was asking and Klippetty mimicking.

He pushed him away and was rightly yellow carded for it - he didn't try and slap and didn't try and punch him

https://mobile.twitter.com/LFCTransferRoom/status/820706247099944969/video/1

Status
Not open for further replies.