And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 15344

Liverpool run out of steam again but United didn't do enough to deserve all 3 points.

Draw was a fair result and probably the best outcome for Spurs and Arsenal.

Run out of steam ? I know you will keep peddling that nonsense because it's something you said a couple months back but which team was it in the last 5 mins going for the winner ? It wasn't Utd.

D

Deleted member 18588

Run out of steam ? I know you will keep peddling that nonsense because it's something you said a couple months back but which team was it in the last 5 mins going for the winner ? It wasn't Utd.

Hope you soon get your TV repaired.

D

Deleted member 15344

It was from where I was standing. Liverpool hanging on a bit IMO.

It was at times back to the wall but that was due to pressure from them putting a lot of balls into the big men nothing to do with "running out of steam" nonsense

D

Deleted member 16999

Not the worst point - good to see the Old Trafford Officials working well for the home side as usual - Herrera going to hold his face , embarrassment
Surely Firmino was lucky not be sent off, if you watch he had 2 goes at Herrera, no he didn't touch his face but was still violent conduct.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I thought Liverpool didnt quite have that cutting edge when presented with opportunities and Utd didn't have the collective drive or control. Probably a fair result in the end.

D

Deleted member 15344

What is your gripe with the officials Phil?

Rooney getting away with a clear late tackle studs on Milner , for some reason even though the ref saw it he failed to give the card the tackle clearly deserved , Lovren getting a yellow for clear clean tackle , Pogba getting away with grabbing Henderson around the neck then throwing him to the ground , Valencia offside for the cross for their goal

I'm still amazed he managed to spot the Pogba handball.

D

Deleted member 16999

Obvious simulation and acting, and an unpunished horror tackle from Rooney. Honours even I would suggest.
Ha Ha, simulation! He raised his hands and pushed him over, what's Rooney's offence got to do with it?

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Rooney getting away with a clear late tackle studs on Milner , for some reason even though the ref saw it he failed to give the card the tackle clearly deserved , Lovren getting a yellow for clear clean tackle , Pogba getting away with grabbing Henderson around the neck then throwing him to the ground , Valencia offside for the cross for their goal

I'm still amazed he managed to spot the Pogba handball.

Fair enough. The pogba throwing incident could certainly have handed you the 3 points. off the ball so can and did get away with it.

The offside for the goal was unlucky.

The others are minor gripes.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I just watched it again, are you saying Pogba did not handle deliberately?

Ive on,y seen it once, dodgy feed and workingmean haven't seen replays.

When I first saw it, it appears he was jumping at it hit him. After motd maybe that'll change. From people's comments on here, I'm guessing I need a replay.

D

Deleted member 16999

Very fair interview from Klippety there, hate to admit he's growing on me as a person ;)

D

Deleted member 15344

Just out of interest Phil, which game were you watching?

Was it Winladjum who had a shot saved in the last minute of extra time , plus a number of counter attacks coming from Liverpool after United got the equaliser - Liverpool will better finishing could have easily snatched it at the end. Believe Henry just said the same in the studio - Utd were still hoofing balls up though

Status
Not open for further replies.