And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 15344

What's the first swipe he miss's with, the second is the push,

The first swipe is he trying to get him to release his shirt by trying to knock away his hand from his shirt and the second he had pushed him - it's a yellow card despite Herrera trying to make out contact was made with the face .

D

Deleted member 16999

The first swipe is he trying to get him to release his shirt by trying to knock away his hand from his shirt and the second he had pushed him - it's a yellow card despite Herrera trying to make out contact was made with the face .

Agree Herrera is out of order grabbing his face, but surely Firmino still went at him, what makes it only a yellow?

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
People are mentioning the penalty, defo penalty, arm was in a bad position, great decision.
Totally understand Firmino losing his head, good break on and rightly pissed off, but he clearly went for Herrera, it wasn't 2 players pushing and shoving, so I'm confused why it's not a red, Herrera should count himself lucky it was Firmino trying to slap and not someone giving him a right hook, I think that's what Jose was asking and Klippetty mimicking.

Maybe, need to see again on MOTD2 if they bring it up. I didn't see Mourinho but I can just imagine him going mental when Herrera hit the deck, it looked like Klopp was taking the mick.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
What I find really surprising about City is how little fight their appears to be in them. When was the last time they came back from two goals down? They don't appear to have any leadership on or off the pitch.

There doesn't appear to be any spark anywhere, even before they concede. They don't seem to want to start well and dictate games and almost wait for the opposition to give them a simple chance to score. If teams press, tackle and work hard, they don't seem to want to know. Do they need more players this month? Who is there and will they actually be any different to what they have

Pin-seeker

Visit site
It was handbags,that's all it was.
Herrera took one for the team & was rightly shown a yellow.
Firmino threw his arms about like a little girl & was also given a yellow.

D

Deleted member 1740

Disappointed with the result, it's hard to accept wrong decisions when the officials don't keep up with play but we still should've done better.

The performance was a massive improvement from Wednesday night.

I like Herrera, I'd have him I'm my side no danger but WTF was he doing holding his face on the floor?? Embarrassing.

D

Deleted member 16999

Do you really think he deserves to be sent off?
We were discussing Referee's and consistencey, it's not about what I think (even though I don't and stated I totally get his frustration) I'm asking if by the rules he should've been.

D

Deleted member 1740

We were discussing Referee's and consistencey, it's not about what I think (even though I don't and stated I totally get his frustration) I'm asking if by the rules he should've been.

Thank god referees are inconsistent :rofl:

Common sense is what made it only a yellow. Imagine how better the game would be if common sense was used by all referees?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Agree Herrera is out of order grabbing his face, but surely Firmino still went at him, what makes it only a yellow?

Do you think Lukaku should also have walked, then?

P poor referee.

In a microcosm of 1 minute:-

Lallana shoved by Rojo as the corner comes in, Pogba wrestles (assaults Henderson) and shoves him to the ground by the neck, ball goes out to Herrera (rightly concede a free kick), then as the free kick is taken Pogba shoves 2 players out of the way to allow Zlatan's free kick to go through the wall. 4 clear as day fouls, only one given (United's one).

Herrera kicks the ball away after a free kick is given/ Wijnaldum booked for keeping hold of the ball.

Rooney/Lovren's tackle. One not a foul and booked, one a deffo yellow for Rooney.

That ref was pants. I think he only give the pen cos it hit both hands.

Some saying it wasnt a pen. Wow. Another offiside goal,again (as predicted).

Yes, I'll see it from our perspective, but think that most neutrals wouldnt argue with all the above about the decisions.

Overall I dont think anyone can lay claim to deserving all 3 points. Mignolet made some very good saves, we had equally as good chances in the 2nd half, but didnt force De Gea into having to make them.

I thought is was churlish by Klopp to say that they "only" scored by lumping it. Its part of the game, and a lumped goal counts just as much as a 15 pass move.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16999

Do you think Lukaku should also have walked, then?

P poor referee.

In a microcosm of 1 minute:-

Lallana shoved by Rojo as the corner comes in, Pogba wrestles (assaults Henderson) and shoves him to the ground by the neck, ball goes out to Herrera (rightly concede a free kick), then as the free kick is taken Pogba shoves 2 players out of the way to allow Zlatan's free kick to go through the wall. 4 clear as day fouls, only one given (United's one).

Herrera kicks the ball away after a free kick is given/ Wijnaldum booked for keeping hold of the ball.

Rooney/Lovren's tackle. One not a foul and booked, one a deffo yellow for Rooney.

That ref was pants. I think he only give the pen cos it hit both hands.

Some saying it wasnt a pen. Wow. Another offiside goal,again (as predicted).

Yes, I'll see it from our perspective, but think that most neutrals wouldnt argue with all the above about the decisions.

Overall I dont think anyone can lay claim to deserving all 3 points. Mignolet made some very good saves, we had equally as good chances in the 2nd half, but didnt force De Gea into having to make them.

I thought is was churlish by Klopp to say that they "only" scored by lumping it. Its part of the game, and a lumped goal counts just as much as a 15 pass move.
Lukaku didn't raise his hands, but what part of I don't think Firmino should've walked do you not get, so was the Firmino only a yellow another bad decision?

D

Deleted member 1740

Lukaku didn't raise his hands, but what part of I don't think Firmino should've walked do you not get, so was the Firmino only a yellow another bad decision?

I think you're harping on about a rule that doesn't exist.

" If you raise your hands, you’re going to get sent off” is a mythical rule.

Pushing and shoving isn't violent conduct.

Unless you can show me where exactly in the laws Of The game I'll be happy to be corrected.

D

Deleted member 15344

Surely Firmino was lucky not be sent off, if you watch he had 2 goes at Herrera, no he didn't touch his face but was still violent conduct.

Which is it ? You don't think he should have walked or as you said earlier he was lucky not to be sent off going on about violent conduct ?

D

Deleted member 16999

I think you're harping on about a rule that doesn't exist.

" If you raise your hands, you’re going to get sent off” is a mythical rule.

Pushing and shoving isn't violent conduct.

Unless you can show me where exactly in the laws Of The game I'll be happy to be corrected.
I'm not "harping" on about anything, I'm replying to your's and Petes post to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.