And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
Looking at the history and the signings that Wenger has missed out on or players left because of money not offered I'm inclined to get with what the Scout has said - being indecisive about a players value just shouts Wenger.

Soon to add Sanchez and Ozil to the list of players leaving no doubt

Anyway from what I heard Ozil and Sanchez are not about money as the club and players are around similar numbers, Özil wants reassurances that Arsene will sign and if Wenger extends Özil will sign within a couple of weeks. Sanchez is a little harder as he doesn't think the training is hard enough and with the right intensity, he doesn't think the team are pushed enough and that he will probably leave.

D

Deleted member 15344

No, it tells you that Mourinho is a funny bloke who likes some players and ostracises others. He has done that everywhere. Plenty have left Jose and gone on to better things. That doesn't worry me at all.

Huge statement from Bilic stating that Payet doesn't want to play for West Ham. He says they will not sell him but surely better to get the money and use it elsewhere. Not point carrying a player.
Would really like to see West Ham make a really big statement and let him rot in the reserves

I reckon I'm the only one who thinks he is a touch overrated as well

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Would really like to see West Ham make a really big statement and let him rot in the reserves

I reckon I'm the only one who thinks he is a touch overrated as well

Yes you probably are. :D

Payet is way too good for WH and wants to leave probably to better his chances of a trophy absolutely no different to wanting to change jobs to a better company.

Why let him rot in the reserves?many managers have tried this and in the end they sell them.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
don't care what it looks like, functionality over form where football stadia are concerned. If the design solves the issues of getting away from the ground after matches then what it looks like is irrelevant. The bridge is hardly a thing of beauty currently.

it will make it worse 50% more people to disperse!

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
If Payet wanted to jump he should have done it after a great season with West Ham and a brilliant Euros. Have to feel his stock has dropped a bit now, and the interest from the big boys may have disappeared. Could end up stuck at West Ham having pissed off the club, the fans and the rest of the team with no-one else willing to pay his wages.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
If Payet wanted to jump he should have done it after a great season with West Ham and a brilliant Euros. Have to feel his stock has dropped a bit now, and the interest from the big boys may have disappeared. Could end up stuck at West Ham having pissed off the club, the fans and the rest of the team with no-one else willing to pay his wages.

No I don't think so there is always some club after his quality and of course there is always China.

I would still like him at a club to win trophies but with most now its about the money.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I don't know who the secret footballer is, but I have heard from the right people that Arsene didn't see him as good enough and I believe them over a fake ex footballer.
Dave Kitson, or as he was known at Reading Dave Kitson what a bargain. We had a ginger day for one game, loads of ginger wigs worn. Steve Sidwell was well up for it, but Kitson got the right hump. strange bloke.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site

He will go in the window now I reckon no way back from that.

He'll be no good for West Ham now and they will want the money in to buy someone else sooner rather than later.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
He will go in the window now I reckon no way back from that.

He'll be no good for West Ham now and they will want the money in to buy someone else sooner rather than later.

Well they've just turned down Marseille! The video from Bilic is excellent and really shows the player for what he is, if he wasn't happy why sign an extension to your contract well before it was due, has he been 'tapped up' as Bilic states? Personally if he refuses to play I wouldn't pay his wages and put him on ice.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Fair point if a neutral is only commenting on the one team, normally decrying the bigger team (as so often happens), but only right that as a Liverpool fan, I look at it from our perspective.

I didn't think you played brilliant football per se, however you did defend well and had some quality chances.

Only HT.

I think Schneiderlin will be a good signing for the blues, had at least 2 quality seasons at the Saints, and you would hope now also has something to prove.

liverpools problem is when a team plays two banks of four they don't seem to be able to get through the lines .
But when a team does this and concedes 70% possession they should not lose the game.
0-0 would have been ok but to lose was very poor and it could have been worse but for bad finishing by saints.
can only remember Forster making one save and that was right at him.
How Can stayed on that long amazed me he is to slow and needs two touches to control the ball.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well they've just turned down Marseille! The video from Bilic is excellent and really shows the player for what he is, if he wasn't happy why sign an extension to your contract well before it was due, has he been 'tapped up' as Bilic states? Personally if he refuses to play I wouldn't pay his wages and put him on ice.

I feel a bit for Bilic and admire his stance but at the end of the day they won't keep a player at a club against his wishes. It just won't happen.

No club would accept the first offer, West Ham know that a few clubs would be interested and they will hold out for the highest bid naturally.

City, PSG ,Utd and Chelsea are the favourites most likely to land him.

If he is less concerned about the money then it could also be Arsenal or Marseille to name a couple.

D

Deleted member 15344

Yup and wouldn't be the first time you were wrong

It's called "an opinion"

As you can see all the Top Clubs who have queued up to buy him before West Ham and the top clubs queuing right now - or maybe he just had one season at the top. I'm guessing there must be a reason why he has been a bit of a big fish at small clubs during his career

richy

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's called "an opinion"

As you can see all the Top Clubs who have queued up to buy him before West Ham and the top clubs queuing right now - or maybe he just had one season at the top. I'm guessing there must be a reason why he has been a bit of a big fish at small clubs during his career

So loads of other people comment along the same lines as me yet you only single me out?

Why me? Why Phil, why?

I feel so victimised

Sound familiar?

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Payet is behaving like a complete knob,but football is full of them.
Wonder if West Ham/Billic would have a problem with it if one of their targets behaved like this to force a move.

Status
Not open for further replies.