And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 15344

Schneiderlin was scouted by Arsenal but it was decided he wasn't good enough, nothing has changed.

Or when it came to spending the money to get him Arsenal wouldn't pay the required fee needed for the club to sell him

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Mata couldn't get a game at one stage at Chelsea - some players just don't suit managers. Schneiderlin would improve the Arsenal midfield

This doesn't make sense to me because when Jose returned to Chelsea, Mata, who was the fans player of the season prior wouldn't do what was asked of him and expected by Jose, in that, he wanted players who lost possession in the final third to track back, not just stop in their tracks, Mata was lazy in this area of his game and as such Jose didn't start him, so, if it was just a case of 'some players don't suit managers' he wouldn't be starting or playing that much at United either, but he is.

For me, United now have a different team set-up and formation to that of Chelsea when Mata was there so he isn't required to track back as much due to natural cover and as such gets his games in, he obviously didn't have that scenario at Chelsea so he was asked to work harder, but he didn't, if it was simply down to player/manager relationship Mata wouldn't be at United now or playing as many games as he is because of that history.

I think Moses is a casing point in this, shipped out and looked a spent force, now in a completely new formation and role he's a different player, yes that's down to a new manager but more-so because of a new formation/position.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hmm. Doesn't seem like every Arsenal scout agrees with you.....

And according to one Arsenal scout, who has spoken to the Secret Footballer, the Gunners had sorted a deal for Schneiderlin back in January before Wenger decided against the signing, allowing United to move in during the summer.
‘It’s Arsene [Wenger],’ the scout is quoted as saying.
‘He’s so indecisive it’s frightening. We had [Morgan] Schneiderlin done and dusted last January and, by the summer, the gaffer had changed his mind.’

Seems like they'd scouted him, were happy, had everything agreed and then Arsene couldn't get his wallet out of his pocket.

D

Deleted member 16999

Time will tell but Schneiderlin can't be all that if he can't get a game at Utd. Fellaini and Carrick to name a couple keep him out of the side, kind of tells me all you need to know really.
Trolling at it's best, you go nuts when anyone criticise's Arsenal players or manager, an Everton fan posts he's pleased with what the club are doing and your post nonsense and then expect to have your opinions respected.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Might not be getting a game at United, but was absolute class at Southampton, could be a fantastic signing.

Also, Mourinho not using someone is evidence of nothing. He sold Mata to United, he sold Bonucci for £3.4m while at Inter, he let De Bruyne leave Chelsea, same with Salah and Cuadrado, he sold Zlatan while at Inter and sold Lukaku to us for what now looks like a bargain at £28m. Mourinho not rating someone proves nothing.

I agree in part, but, I don't think it's just a case of him not rating the player per se but more so the formation and tactics that manager is trying to impose on the team and sometimes that player, who may be very gifted, simply can't adjust or play in that proposed role or formation as it's not natural to him!

I think some managers buy players after watching their successes elsewhere but then how many times do we see those managers try to change them and play them in totally different positions and formations and those same players then struggle only then to be relegated to the bench and eventually offloaded, I'd say many if not too many!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Schneiderlin wouldnt be an improvement on Coquelin or Xhaka or Elneny? Love to know what any of those have excelled at of late (or ever). Personally think Schneiderlin would be a decent fit for us

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Good to see it was all down to liverpools bad play and non good of saints.......
Fair point if a neutral is only commenting on the one team, normally decrying the bigger team (as so often happens), but only right that as a Liverpool fan, I look at it from our perspective.

I didn't think you played brilliant football per se, however you did defend well and had some quality chances.

Only HT.

I think Schneiderlin will be a good signing for the blues, had at least 2 quality seasons at the Saints, and you would hope now also has something to prove.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Think you are right.
Why did orighi not start Van Dyke never broke sweat marking Sturridge.
Two banks of four and Liverpool were clue less that's why they struggle against lesser sides but not against top teams because they try and play so leave more space.
we were lucky it wasn't three! it will be interesting to see how Jose sets his team.

I think van Dijk will dominate most physically, but at least Origi would win a few, whereas Sturridge wins nothing in the air or on the ground, and loses most 70/30's in his favour also.

Some terrible dives also.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
Hmm. Doesn't seem like every Arsenal scout agrees with you.....

Seems like they'd scouted him, were happy, had everything agreed and then Arsene couldn't get his wallet out of his pocket.

I don't know who the secret footballer is, but I have heard from the right people that Arsene didn't see him as good enough and I believe them over a fake ex footballer.

D

Deleted member 15344

I don't know who the secret footballer is, but I have heard from the right people that Arsene didn't see him as good enough and I believe them over a fake ex footballer.

Looking at the history and the signings that Wenger has missed out on or players left because of money not offered I'm inclined to get with what the Scout has said - being indecisive about a players value just shouts Wenger.

Soon to add Sanchez and Ozil to the list of players leaving no doubt

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Looking at the history and the signings that Wenger has missed out on or players left because of money not offered I'm inclined to get with what the Scout has said - being indecisive about a players value just shouts Wenger.

and like many before them, going on to win more achievements at another club...

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com

Ok, your free to believe what you want

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Fair point if a neutral is only commenting on the one team, normally decrying the bigger team (as so often happens), but only right that as a Liverpool fan, I look at it from our perspective.

I didn't think you played brilliant football per se, however you did defend well and had some quality chances.

Only HT.

I think Schneiderlin will be a good signing for the blues, had at least 2 quality seasons at the Saints, and you would hope now also has something to prove.

Lol, wasn't aimed at reds in particular. Just everyone saying you were poor.

I agree we weren't great, but against the top teams these year we've set a stalls to defends and break and certainly think our plan was executed a lot better than yours.

That said, without checking the bookies I'd still make you favourites. If coutinho could get a cold before the 2nd leg I'd be very happy!

i think sneiderlin will be great for Everton, didn't fit for Utd, I think he's competition was carrick, and he isn't quite as good at passing as him. But for a team that wants a ball winner, I don't think there are too many better.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Trolling at it's best, you go nuts when anyone criticise's Arsenal players or manager, an Everton fan posts he's pleased with what the club are doing and your post nonsense and then expect to have your opinions respected.

Not trolling at all, just my opinion and Everton supporters have theirs. Not personal nor offensive just contrary opinions.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

Wenger has also spent big money on signings like Ozil and Sanchez and they have proved very good signings and I am almost certain most top clubs could have bought either.

How many signings have Liverpool made over 35 million maybe only Andy Carroll and we all know how that turned out and he was not worth 20 but he was a panic buy.

We also did it with Fellani and others but all clubs do it not just Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.