And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarkus1212

Challenge Tour Pro
www.johnogauntgolfclub.co.uk
Don't care what it looks like, functionality over form where football stadia are concerned. If the design solves the issues of getting away from the ground after matches then what it looks like is irrelevant. The Bridge is hardly a thing of beauty currently.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Don't care what it looks like, functionality over form where football stadia are concerned. If the design solves the issues of getting away from the ground after matches then what it looks like is irrelevant. The Bridge is hardly a thing of beauty currently.
Looks like a wasp's nest.:whistle:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No, it will be full of B's.;)

Great 0-1 for us that.

Please someone else else tell me that there is a less-tarty player in the prem than Sturridge. He must be the easiest man to be physical against, bar none - is anyone worse??
Think you are right.
Why did orighi not start Van Dyke never broke sweat marking Sturridge.
Two banks of four and Liverpool were clue less that's why they struggle against lesser sides but not against top teams because they try and play so leave more space.
we were lucky it wasn't three! it will be interesting to see how Jose sets his team.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Good to see it was all down to liverpools bad play and non good of saints.......

wasnt a a great game, but think we could easily rue not having a decent striker as should have been a couple more realistically.

On to the 2nd leg, where hopefully sturridge starts.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Liverpool having a little wobble at the moment.

Winless in 3 in all competitions , hardly a crisis I know but some tough games coming up and now without Mane and Matip as well for best part of a month.

Will be very interesting to see how they cope.

D

Deleted member 15344

Liverpool having a little wobble at the moment.

Winless in 3 in all competitions , hardly a crisis I know but some tough games coming up and now without Mane and Matip as well for best part of a month.

Will be very interesting to see how they cope.

Mane will be a miss but Coutinho coming back is a boost

Matip start full training this week and could be on the bench on Saturday

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Dan - I have never worked out what Cleverly does. He is like Jermaine Jenas, pointless. Good to get him moved on.

I assume Belfodil is a Walsh signing. Interesting one. Seems to have gone through a lot of clubs but hopefully he will find a home with us. We certainly need someone else to help score goals.

All very positive though. 3 signings early on in the window, no messing about. Please now go and get Begovic from the Chelsea bench. That would finish the window off nicely.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Cleverley must have something, or at least show it in training because he's had some very top level managers rate him, particularly Ferguson. I thought he'd do well at Everton, but has flopped again.

Kostas Manolas has been rumoured too. He'd be an amazing signing, exactly what we need. Probably won't happen, but he'd be a dream signing.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Schneiderlin and Belfodil in - Cleverley out. Transfer window has started well!

Time will tell but Schneiderlin can't be all that if he can't get a game at Utd. Fellaini and Carrick to name a couple keep him out of the side, kind of tells me all you need to know really.

Last edited:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
No, it tells you that Mourinho is a funny bloke who likes some players and ostracises others. He has done that everywhere. Plenty have left Jose and gone on to better things. That doesn't worry me at all.

Huge statement from Bilic stating that Payet doesn't want to play for West Ham. He says they will not sell him but surely better to get the money and use it elsewhere. Not point carrying a player.

D

Deleted member 15344

Time will tell but Schneiderlin can't be all that if he can't get a game at Utd. Fellaini and Carrick to name a couple keep him out of the side, kind of tells me all you need to know really.

Mata couldn't get a game at one stage at Chelsea - some players just don't suit managers. Schneiderlin would improve the Arsenal midfield

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Might not be getting a game at United, but was absolute class at Southampton, could be a fantastic signing.

Also, Mourinho not using someone is evidence of nothing. He sold Mata to United, he sold Bonucci for £3.4m while at Inter, he let De Bruyne leave Chelsea, same with Salah and Cuadrado, he sold Zlatan while at Inter and sold Lukaku to us for what now looks like a bargain at £28m. Mourinho not rating someone proves nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.