And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Barry has been an excellent buy for us but he is obviously getting to the end of his career and Schniederlin and Gueye are the future. With this signing Koeman can keep those three fresh and have instant cover when the inevitable suspensions come along. It's a clever and good buy that will improve us rather than a squad buy that will keep us at the same level at best.

I think if he beds in well then he has the potential to make Barry redundant very soon. He's defo a step up. Or at least the player we sold was lol

Who next for Koeman? Pelle back from China maybe :D

D

Deleted member 16999

Has the offside rule been changed specifically for United recently?
Don't you start, we'll have Stu on with his conspiracy theories ;)

Mata should've been disallowed and how late was he giving the Hull header offside! Same lino as well wasn't it?

D

Deleted member 1740

Don't you start, we'll have Stu on with his conspiracy theories ;)

Mata should've been disallowed and how late was he giving the Hull header offside! Same lino as well wasn't it?

No conspiracy theories concerning that lot. The proof is out there for everyone to see :ears:

D

Deleted member 16999

It's just about money, in fact it's worth an additional €980m ($1billion) nett! But the pigs with their snouts in the trough won't care when the first country gets humiliated 12-nil, if it's lucky, cus they'll still be counting their dosh.
Agree about the money, but just seen how it's planned to work.
48 teams in 16 groups of 3.
Top 2 go through
Last 32 is knockout.

So to me you have a good chance of some upsets.

Currently 32 whittled down to 16 before knockouts and teams have played better opposition.

Never know new format could throw up some surprises.

D

Deleted member 18588

No conspiracy theories concerning that lot. The proof is out there for everyone to see :ears:

And all through the 70's & 80's supporters of United and every other club said exactly the same about Liverpool. I still remember my lot being robbed blind at Anfield in '72-'73 season.

D

Deleted member 1740

And all through the 70's & 80's supporters of United and every other club said exactly the same about Liverpool. I still remember my lot being robbed blind at Anfield in '72-'73 season.

That doesn't count, sky invented football don't forget:whistle:

D

Deleted member 18588

That doesn't count, sky invented football don't forget:whistle:

Don't get me started on that one, Stu.

There have been many benefits to arise from the PL and Sky's coverage but the Pol Pot style of revisionism is not one of them. The dominance of the PL by Man U, Arsenal & Chelsea (and more latterly Man City) is to be admired but is no more praiseworthy than your lot's performance through the 70's & 80's.

But which does Sky keep going on about?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

There have been many benefits to arise from the PL and Sky's coverage but the Pol Pot style of revisionism is not one of them. The dominance of the PL by Man U, Arsenal & Chelsea (and more latterly Man City) is to be admired but is no more praiseworthy than your lot's performance through the 70's & 80's.

I agree it's no more praiseworthy. But, they are selling a product so will of course push the one they show. Plus they sell to a captive audience. And hope to engage new fans too. Let's be honest, there's now a generation of fans who haven't seen Liverpool win a title. So the discussion of them Is obviously going to take a back seat.

The same thing happens during during recent major tournaments when I hear you youngsters calling Spain and Germany the best teams ever seen, they seem oblivious to anything that they've nit witnessed.

In fact, rant mode on. Fat Ronaldo!! The Brazilian
legend is quite often referred to as that now that Skinny Ronaldo is around!

D

Deleted member 1740

I agree it's no more praiseworthy. But, they are selling a product so will of course push the one they show. Plus they sell to a captive audience. And hope to engage new fans too. Let's be honest, there's now a generation of fans who haven't seen Liverpool win a title. So the discussion of them Is obviously going to take a back seat.

The same thing happens during during recent major tournaments when I hear you youngsters calling Spain and Germany the best teams ever seen, they seem oblivious to anything that they've nit witnessed.

In fact, rant mode on. Fat Ronaldo!! The Brazilian
legend is quite often referred to as that now that Skinny Ronaldo is around!

In fairness we still do get a lot of discussion, too much at times, but its the other great successfull teams Of The pre premier league that get forgotten about.

D

Deleted member 1740

Of course it's the PL, that's their "product".

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Mickie, I agree with you that we got more then, Chelsea the last 10 years, Arsenal in their hey-day ;), but I honestly think that Man U took it to their own level when they had a successful Fergie.

They haven't had it so much over the last 3 years, and been treated like everyone else, but now that they have an ultra-moaner back in charge, maybe its coming back again.

Fergie/Mourinho and Man U's profile prove to be a heady mix in applying pressure to the FA/head of refereeing/individual refs once their on a roll. :thup:

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I predicted Man U's dominance would come to an end when Fergie left. Purely on the "Fergie factor" , he used to intimidate referees and linesmen, you could see that referees were terrified of him, and that led to PLENTY of decisions going one way.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Mickie, I agree with you that we got more then, Chelsea the last 10 years, Arsenal in their hey-day ;), but I honestly think that Man U took it to their own level when they had a successful Fergie.

They haven't had it so much over the last 3 years, and been treated like everyone else, but now that they have an ultra-moaner back in charge, maybe its coming back again.

Fergie/Mourinho and Man U's profile prove to be a heady mix in applying pressure to the FA/head of refereeing/individual refs once their on a roll. :thup:

I predicted Man U's dominance would come to an end when Fergie left. Purely on the "Fergie factor" , he used to intimidate referees and linesmen, you could see that referees were terrified of him, and that led to PLENTY of decisions going one way.

No matter how many times us United fans read this stuff, it never fails to be amusing.

D

Deleted member 18588

The same thing happens during during recent major tournaments when I hear you youngsters calling Spain and Germany the best teams ever seen, they seem oblivious to anything that they've nit witnessed

Have I just been called a youngster?:D

Brazil won the first World Cup I ever saw on TV................................in 1958!

D

Deleted member 18588

You can have that of ya like. But it's more that my iPad seems to duplicate full and part words. In this case it typed you before youngsters.

Now you've gone and spoiled it!

I will just have to have another Werthers Original to overcome the disappointment.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.