And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

stokie_93

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Stokie, interesting one. I'd say you, West Ham, Southampton, Palace are all under performing this year. Everton are just about getting away with it, West Brom are over achieving. I'm talking about the mid division within a division that exists in the PL. Is Hughes actually under pressure or are you a lone voice so far?

100% not the only one LT.

Been a lot of pressure since the start we had. We've shipped 4 goals summat like 5/6 times already this season.
The run we went on sort of covered the cracks but we were playing worse teams than us and rightly beat them.

A lot of pressure recently has come from Hughes team selections, in game tactics and man management.

Last night I was just a bit irrational as I do like Hughes and he's progressed the squad but if he were to go I wouldn't be massively fussed. Although I wouldn't know who we'd replace him with.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Anyone know when Sky choose the March fixtures to show? My sister is 50 at the end of Feb and she wants to go the Liverpool v Arsenal match on March 5th. At the moment it is still showing as a 3pm Saturday fixture but it screams a Sky match. I can see matches up until the end of Feb but nothing in March yet.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Anyone know when Sky choose the March fixtures to show? My sister is 50 at the end of Feb and she wants to go the Liverpool v Arsenal match on March 5th. At the moment it is still showing as a 3pm Saturday fixture but it screams a Sky match. I can see matches up until the end of Feb but nothing in March yet.

Not sure when they choose,but it'll definitely be worth n Sky or Bt so won't be 3pm sat.

D

Deleted member 16999

All this talk about LPool benefiting from no European Football, 9 matches this month alone, could be make or break this month.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
100% not the only one LT.

Been a lot of pressure since the start we had. We've shipped 4 goals summat like 5/6 times already this season.
The run we went on sort of covered the cracks but we were playing worse teams than us and rightly beat them.

A lot of pressure recently has come from Hughes team selections, in game tactics and man management.

Last night I was just a bit irrational as I do like Hughes and he's progressed the squad but if he were to go I wouldn't be massively fussed. Although I wouldn't know who we'd replace him with.

I think he has bridged the gap of the Pullis "style" to a more footballing one, but maybe to proceed, you may need someone else who is a bit braver. Consolidating a position in the 7-11 positions league (with Everton, Soton etc) has been a good achievement though.

Breaking into the top 6 is going to be a tall order for anyone in the coming few years, as I can see it being a bit of a closed shop once Spurs and Chelsea get their new grounds. The only other possible ones could be Newcastle or Everton, unless someone else gets "sugar-daddied".

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Where's the Spurs glory boys now....oh wait a second I'm online 😂😂

Not really happening for Janssen since his move to Spurs, looks short on confidence which isn't suppressing. Hopefully it's just a case of adapting to the pace of the premiership as we certainly need someone to support Kane,

D

Deleted member 1740

Good result for Plymouth even if Klopp had changed the side hugely. Another fixture for Liverpool to play. Becoming a crowded schedule now

We could've done without it but hey ho that's the beauty of The FA Cup. Nice to see Gomez back in the side after a long injury though.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site

The match will played on the Saturday arsenal have CL on the following Tuesday. TV fixtures for March due very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.