And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
liverpools problem is when a team plays two banks of four they don't seem to be able to get through the lines .
But when a team does this and concedes 70% possession they should not lose the game.
0-0 would have been ok but to lose was very poor and it could have been worse but for bad finishing by saints.
can only remember Forster making one save and that was right at him.
How Can stayed on that long amazed me he is to slow and needs two touches to control the ball.

Our worst 3 players were Sturridge, Lallana and Can. Lallana and Can got caught on the ball far too many times. Lallana's first touch was abysmal last night (unusually so), but fair play we're all allowed a bad game.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
That's a bit harsh.

Remind me what Klopp has achieved at Liverpool? 

Just a joke, Sean.

He's won my admiration, respect and ignited belief, hope, leadership and a great all-round feel-good factor at Anfield. It may win us nothing, but so far, after only 14 months, its like being on a rollercoaster, and loving it.:thup: it must feel like being on the waltzers being a goner, round and round, seeing the same stuff over and over again. ;)

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just a joke, Sean.

He's won my admiration, respect and ignited belief, hope, leadership and a great all-round feel-good factor at Anfield. It may win us nothing, but so far, after only 14 months, its like being on a rollercoaster, and loving it.:thup: it must feel like being on the waltzers being a goner, round and round, seeing the same stuff over and over again. ;)

Sorry I didn't see a smiley so took it as a full on attack 😊

Actually I quite like the waltzer and don't want it to end.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Reports of a "training ground bust-up" between Conte and Costa, Costa dropped for trip to Leicester according to the Daily Mail

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...n-doesn-t-travel-clash-against-Leicester.html

Worrying....

I'm not worried, nobody is bigger than the club, and if it's a ploy for a quick big money move to China, then so be it, take the millions and spend them well, we've still won and played just as well without him at times and I fully back the manager, If it happens it could actually act as a new injection through the squad as everyone steps up to the plate for Conte.

Bring it on.....Flyin' high......

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
The greed in football is becoming just as bad as football itself.

I for one have started to watch less and less and when I do finally settle down and watch a game the cheating makes me turn off.

If the allegations are true but of course at this stage its once again all speculation I feel for Conte although he will get over it,Costa has been a revelation this year compared to the last and Chelsea need him imo.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
The greed in football is becoming just as bad as football itself.

I for one have started to watch less and less and when I do finally settle down and watch a game the cheating makes me turn off.

If the allegations are true but of course at this stage its once again all speculation I feel for Conte although he will get over it,Costa has been a revelation this year compared to the last and Chelsea need him imo.
Agree with this,cheating as actually become a bit of an art for the modern footballer.

And then you get the idiots defending a playing when he's blatantly took a dive.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
All that, look if you look really closely there was slight contact so he's entitled to go down.

That's the worst one.
No they don't have the right to go down,they should go down if the challenge takes them down.
Sturridge is a prime example,the slightest touch and he's looking to get a penalty/free kick.
He's certainly not alone,but he's as bad as it gets.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That's the worst one.
No they don't have the right to go down,they should go down if the challenge takes them down.
Sturridge is a prime example,the slightest touch and he's looking to get a penalty/free kick.
He's certainly not alone,but he's as bad as it gets.

But every commentary you hear the same sentence "make the referee make a descision". It's been embeded in the game for years, since Francis Lee was the first acknowleged guily party/practitioner.
It isn't nice, but do we really think anything will change?

Pin-seeker

Visit site
It isn't nice, but do we really think anything will change?

if anything it'll only get worse.
We now get pundits looking at an incident from lots of different angles,in slow mo to see if there was the slightest of contacts.
If yes then apparently it's a penalty.
Pathetic.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
if anything it'll only get worse.
We now get pundits looking at an incident from lots of different angles,in slow mo to see if there was the slightest of contacts.
If yes then apparently it's a penalty.
Pathetic.

I agree, but thats the modern game and media coverage.
Do we complain as much when it's for the national team?...I would wager we don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.