And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Why do more referees not do what Anthony Taylor just did; walk past the wall that is nowhere near 10 yards and mark the line, rather than arguing with them & trying to push them back?

D

Deleted member 1740

Why do more referees not do what Anthony Taylor just did; walk past the wall that is nowhere near 10 yards and mark the line, rather than arguing with them & trying to push them back?

Well at least he's got something right, because if that's a freekick the game is finished.

A good chance to at least close the gap was wasted today by two brain dead decisions.

D

Deleted member 1740

How can the Ref know if Jones is playing acting or not? even in a fair genuine tackle if someone appears to be hurt, as Jones did, he has to stop the game immediately.

Just by watching him roll around like a big jessie would be enough.:thup:

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well at least he's got something right, because if that's a freekick the game is finished.

But there was contact, therefore Defoe is "entitled to go down". I'm sure that's the current go to phrase to cover when an attacker goes down easily, especially when it's in the box.

D

Deleted member 1740

But there was contact, therefore Defoe is "entitled to go down". I'm sure that's the current go to phrase to cover when an attacker goes down easily, especially when it's in the box.

Ahh that phrase coined by the famous Andy Gray?

I expect our professional referees to know the difference between contact and a foul. Afterall it's a contact sport.

jp5

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Couple of wrong decisions but harsh to blame officials that get 1 look in real time.

If fans want more correct decisions technology is the only way to go!

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I just saw the Pep interview, what's eating him?:eek:

Hmmm I thought exactly the same, he did not look a happy bunny, odd thing is that city have had some awful referee performances this year including today. That coupled with some of the questions he has been asked this year by interviews would grate even the most mild mannered of people. Eg, do you think you can go the season unbeaten.

That aside City are supposed to be having a poor season but are three points better of than this stage last season. There are great expectations from City but it is basically the same squad as last year which struggled to fourth in the league. His four major signings.
1, Jesus has not played yet.
2, Gundowan out for rest of season.
3, Sane still finding his feet.
4, Bravo, well the jury's out on him, but had a decent game today.

but what is up with Pep?

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Spot on. I dare say most of us have taken a knock on a nerve, and few of us have probably had a full on mistimed tackle where we've thought we've broken our leg. In most instances we will have been bounding around like a new born lamb 5 mins later.

In my opinion, the WH player reacted to losing control. It was an instinctive lunge for the ball, and poorly timed and lacking thought.

So what did Mike Dean see? He saw a player jumping in, and off the ground. He saw Jones knock the ball away before contact. 1) it was a foul. 2) the player off the ground had little/no control over the tackle.

It then comes down to interpretations. A) He followed the ball but there was no advantage. B) Blow for the foul. C) Red or yellow.

Even without Jones's pain, real or otherwise, he had to deal with a foul in which a player lunged with an off the ground tackle. For me, its red all day long and twice on Mondays...

You been on the sauce?

If you want red cards for that, it'll become basketball or 7 a side every week.

Yellow card.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
You been on the sauce?

If you want red cards for that, it'll become basketball or 7 a side every week.

Yellow card.

Not even sure it's a yellow tbh Pedro, watched it a few times and you could probably argue for a foul either way with it. Almost as if these days you can't have a tackle with committed players from both sides without someone being "to blame" and getting a card of some colour.

Re Liverpool, shouldn't have been a free kick but no idea what Mane was doing, or Klavan for the first penalty either.

Tough school in the top 6 just now though, Utd and Spurs closed in on the top 4 but Utd have won 6 on the bounce and still 6th! Hopefully (as a neutral) Chelsea don't run away with it but look pretty ominous.

I could be wrong but Liverpool have played the others in the top 6 all away so far? That, and lack of European football, should see them finish in top 4 this year I reckon.

D

Deleted member 1740

Re Liverpool, shouldn't have been a free kick but no idea what Mane was doing, or Klavan for the first penalty either.
neither do I :rant:

I could be wrong but Liverpool have played the others in the top 6 all away so far? That, and lack of European football, should see them finish in top 4 this year I reckon.

we need to play City and Yernited away and we play yernited next with the rest at home

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I wouldn't quote one pundits opinion as being fact.

I would never stoop so low as to quote Pardew, no matter how desperate I was.:D

So who's best to listen to? Which armchair expert? Souness?

Sorry, it was Curbishly. As he said, "you leave the ground when making a tackle like that, this season, and you risk a red." IMO Dean got it right.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In this day and age with all the technology it would make sense for the ref to have a look at first half sendings off and if he is sure it was right he stays off.
if he is doughtful let him back on for the second half.

But I think Mike Dean would never admit he was wrong , and I think most refs would follow his example.

you can tell when someone is hurt the less they move the more they are hurt.
jones should get an Oscar.
it was a poor tackle from both players , but Jones got the ball never a red
but if you are a nano second late these days you are walking.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mike Dean gets one look at it from his angle in real time, Jones is writhing around and 7 Man Utd players go running in, some from over 20yds and replays show it's harsh, let's blame the Ref though after all he should be perfect!
What happened to the FAs dictat that any players crowding around the ref trying to influence his decision was going to be punished .
just like the shirt pulling
it was enforced early on but they have let it slide.
The refs are to inconsistent.
football these days 22 cheats and the ref

D

Deleted member 16999

Obviously everyone who's posted has seen the tackle and we've got:

Red Card - Feghouli
Yellow Card - Feghouli
No Foul
Red Card -Jones
Yellow Cards - Man Utd Players

And then the Ref gets stick for making a decision........Easy game this.

Status
Not open for further replies.