And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As the commentator said, he had one against Boro disallowed that shouldn't have been and now he's allowed one that should have been disallowed. But the anti United brigade won't mention the Boro decision but will be all over this one tonight.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
As the commentator said, he had one against Boro disallowed that shouldn't have been and now he's allowed one that should have been disallowed. But the anti United brigade won't mention the Boro decision but will be all over this one tonight.

Spot on, obviously :whistle:.

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Doesn't make it anti Utd if someone slates the officials for having a mare.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not a great performance but will take the win and I do believe its a 6 horse race although imo its Chelsea's to lose.

Shocking performance from the officials and its costing teams and with so much money on the line they need to be better.

Not a red for me although he was out of control but Jones wasn't pulling out either and I hate the rolling around after.

Just watched the UTD players reactions and they were not all at the ref has been suggested I believe Carrick and Valencia said something but it should never had swayed his decision that's what the refs paid for.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Long live the king. He's not very good. Couldn't even get the offside goal right although you have to ask what the linesman was doing?

I think you have been told already but why would it be the refs decision?

Its the linesman's job to see it and put his flag up to show the ref it was offside and he failed to do so.

freddielong

Tour Winner
www.garbtherapy.com
I disagree,looking along the line is way easier than head on and its was 100% the linesmans call in that situation imho,the refs whistle goes on the linesmans flag going up.

I don't understand what you are disagreeing with all I did was state the fact that the ref always has the last say and doesn't need a flag to make a call.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The ref always has the last decision so could have called it without a flag but there are no excuses for the sending off .

Are you seriously suggesting that Mike Dean could have given the offside?

Offside.jpg

By all means slag him off for the red card but how can he give the offside decision when he's looking at it from perpendicular to the offside line? The linesman has made a horlicks of that decision but to criticise the ref for not giving it is ridiculous.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Didn't watch the game but saw a clip of the sending off. I then went out to walk the dog and read a headline of the match afterwards. Have to be honest, I assumed pre dog walk that it was Jones who had been sent off. I thought it was a little harsh but Jones didn't look in control. Now I discover that the West Ham guy was the one sent off. I'll have to see that again as that never registered as an option. I suspect an appeal will go in.

Status
Not open for further replies.