And, we're off.....2016/17

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 16999

Mike Dean gets one look at it from his angle in real time, Jones is writhing around and 7 Man Utd players go running in, some from over 20yds and replays show it's harsh, let's blame the Ref though after all he should be perfect!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Mike Dean gets one look at it from his angle in real time, Jones is writhing around and 7 Man Utd players go running in, some from over 20yds and replays show it's harsh, let's blame the Ref though after all he should be perfect!

But he could only see what actually happened, the writhing round and Man United players shouldn't influence his decision and he couldn't have seen anything that warranted a red card.

D

Deleted member 16999

But he could only see what actually happened, the writhing round and Man United players shouldn't influence his decision and he couldn't have seen anything that warranted a red card.
From his angle? He obviously thought he'd lost control and dived in.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Mike Dean with a huge mistake there. Never a red card, two players committed to winning a 50/50 and Jones just got there first. Feghouli made sure to keep his studs out of it.

Totally agree and he allowed himself to be swayed by the United players crowding in. A good old fashioned 50/50 challenge and shame that the United player was writhing one minute and then back playing the ball the next. Dean looks like he's getting a bit card happy now. Will he even it up?

D

Deleted member 16999

And ? He has it spot on about Mike Dean - wants to be the star of the show - shocking ref
It gets brought up every time Dean is involved in a controversial decision that comment was relevant to that game and on Refs Stats Dean is no were near the worst Ref, that goes to John Moss.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

He did Boro's last fixture of last season, at home to Brighton. Everything to play for by both teams, lots of intensity and passion. I'd have made him man of the match. He was head and shoulders above any other ref I saw last season.

Did he get this decision wrong? I don't think he did. The West Ham player was off the ground. He has a responsibility to make a safe tackle. How is he doing that when he's lost control off the ball and takes off like that?

Well done Mike Dean.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
From his angle? He obviously thought he'd lost control and dived in.

My understanding is that he is required to give what he sees and not what he thought he saw. I'm no lover of instant live TV replays for refs but this sort of decision starts to sway me

Status
Not open for further replies.